Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

16 hours ago, Seat Concepts said:

Here is a picture of the standard comfort

image1 (7).jpeg

This 7918-1 standard comfort looks like it widens just to the rear of the low point as compared to the oem seat. This might be the best fit for me. Oem is about 5" wide at the low point, and widens to about 6"-6.5" wide at 5"-6"" to the rear of the low point. This is the area that I sit. A top view side by side pic showing the oem beside each new SC seat might be helpful when ready to release. Looking good SC. 

• Supporting Vendor

The earlier pics were of the low. The new ones are of the standard and tall.

The rally is more for the aggressive/technical rider or someone who does not want any obstructions of moving around. No comfort elements designed into the seat.

The comfort is for longer rides or just a more comfortable seat.

The sport touring is just a comfort seat with a more dished shape or a little extra width for a increase in comfort.

@Seat Conceptsmaybe I missed it.  Are there any pictures of the underside of your one piece seats?  Will there be more or less room underneath for storage on the bike?

• Supporting Vendor

It will have about the same as the 2 piece seat.

image0 (20).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor

Here is the one piece line up:

image0 (25).jpeg

image1 (9).jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• Supporting Vendor

Talls

image2 (1).jpeg

image1 (8).jpeg

• Supporting Vendor

Standards:

image0 (24).jpeg

image3.jpeg

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor

Lows:

image3 (1).jpeg

image2 (2).jpeg

• Like 8

Are the comfort and rally respectively the same width across the 3 heights? Ie low comfort the same width as high comfort, mid rally the same as low rally, etc.

Also I remember seeing it once upon a time but I’ve scrolled through all the posts and can’t find it, what are the widths vs stock of the rally and comfort?

Seats all look awesome can’t wait to give you all my money. 🎉

• Like 1

Standard comfort!

Edited: After reading what he posted about the low comfort I decided to put my big boy pants on and step up to the standard comfort. I have been running a Yamaha low seat (in conjunction with RR 20mm dog bones) and as much as I do enjoy the lowered height, damn - talk about monkey butt! Horrible! Why can't Yamaha put out a decent seat, on ANY of their bikes???

My bike has about 1700 miles on the clock and I think its settled a little, hopefully enough to go with the SC standard! We'll see. 

Edited by JohnnieBoy

Am I missing something? He posted some pics not “hey group buy starts now let me know what you want...”?

• Like 2

@Seat Conceptsis a group buy happening? I'm confused what's happening in this thread right now haha

Also, I've already got an order in with you.. if it hasn't been "built" yet, it would be cool to be able to swap to a 1piece seat

Edited by Dakota

6 hours ago, Seat Concepts said:

image0 (25).jpeg

image1 (9).jpeg

Woohoo! Looking good! I can hardly wait!

• Like 1

Are any group buys happening from Canada?

• Like 3

On 5/21/2021 at 12:14 PM, Seat Concepts said:

image0 (25).jpeg

image1 (9).jpeg

How about labeling them left to right.

Is #3 (in front of the seat foam) the std version 1-pc?
I am thinking it would be my best choice.  Softer foam and not sitting on the front/back lips.  I like to scoot back on the seam.

The std width is fine for me.

• Like 2

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

• Supporting Vendor

I will be working on getting the details up for group buy this week. 

You Canadians are  welcome to the group buy.

All the comforts are within .5 inch of each other.

#3  is a standard height comfort.

Pictures of each version on the bike are labeled.

• Like 9

On 5/21/2021 at 11:16 AM, Seat Concepts said:

Lows:

image3 (1).jpeg

image2 (2).jpeg

I assume the top picture is the Comfort Low and the bottom pic is the Rally Low. 

How much lower than stock is the comfort low?

Are all the one piece seats built on the same pan, or are the Low seats lower to add more padding?

Will the comfort low have a dish or step, or will the seat be the same level for it's length?

Sorry for all the questions. I bought a two piece low during the first buy, and I like it a lot. My only complaint is I would like to slide back on the seat to stretch my legs for comfort or to get my weight back for downhills or to lighten the front end and I end up on the hump sometimes. I don't think the Rally would be for me as I do want to tour with the bike.

Looking forward to the group buy.  

The Std. Comfort actually looks more like the Std height Rally in this picture.  
Looks more like #4 in this side angle picture.

Remind me again how much wider is the std comfort vs std Rally?

Also, explain the difference in the seam along the edges compared to the 950SE (which was uncomfortable on my inner thigh with lighter weight pants).  The 700 seam looks much smoother.

Keep up the great job,

Tom

04E60975-C611-41CA-8825-CF568EAF4B50.jpeg

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

Another question on the one piece seats.

My comfort high seat touches my SW Motech adventure rack, will the comfort one piece seat have this problem do you think?

Mike

• Supporting Vendor

The low seat is about 1 inch lower than the standard. Just a heads up for everyone looking at low seats, they do suffer in comfort compared to a standard height seat. There is just not much foam in them and they end up being firm.

The seam on the seat does not pass through your thigh area.

Not sure on racks but there is one that is close and might touch based on info from other members asking for measurements.

• Like 3