Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

Anyone have trouble with the front edge of their seat? I had some difficulty knowing how to do the front. Install videos say NOT to pull the cover very tight over the foam overhang, but if I don't pull it tight the stitching ends up too high and is visible. Pulling it tight makes a nice smooth end where the seat will abut the tank but now I have too much foam/fabric up there it seems. I have a comfort low and it seems there is so much foam/vinyl overhanging the front that the seat won't go back on its mounting posts now...am I supposed to trim the foam up front? It is MUCH thicker than the stock foam was in that area.

Any guidance @Seat Concepts?

• Supporting Vendor

You can shorten  the foam up around the very top a little but do not cut it too short. Our foam being so soft we need to make it thicker than the stock foam as it will compress to a similar thickness. As for pulling the cover tight, you should only need to pull it tight enough so the seam is right on the back side of the seat where it would barely be visible.

Any feedback on the low version?
Do you guys recommend it? 

It looks a bit weird compared to the OEM low seat. it looks very wide!

Finished up my install today.

Didn't end up trimming the foam...just had to pull the vinyl much harder than I expected/was led to believe from the various install videos. Then once I had the seat on the bike I had to really "persuade" it forward to get compress the front foam lip/stitching enough to get the seat onto the mounting posts/bolts (I've done the simple no-tools seat hack).

In my frustration/concern that I was screwing something up I reached out to Seat Concepts via phone as well and they were excellent. Sent me these images which show an example of the cover installed. I don't have pictures of mine, but suffice it to say their vinyl must have been stretched much further than mine as it overlaps the edges of the seat pan a lot further. Hope this is helpful to those of you yet to install.

The seat feels great. @Insane rider I agree, it does look a little wide and strange if you're staring at it on the website, but mounted on the bike the width is a lot more subtle. Settling back into that wider area feels like my sit bones are getting much better support so I'm eager to see if its much more comfortable on longer rides (I honestly didn't find the stock seat all that uncomfortable; I kind of appreciated the stiffness/support from the stock foam).

The lowering effect is noticeable and a welcome improvement for my 30"ish inseam.

Good product (so far), excellent customer service. My only gripe is that I was led (or led myself) to believe that the installation would be much easier than it was. I think better kit-specific fit instructions would be helpful in this regard. And I'm sure once you've done a couple seats it goes a lot more smoothly and comes out better. As a novice it was a quite stressful and I second-guessed whether I should have just gotten lowering links installed or done an OEM low seat instead.

IMG_6467.jpg

IMG_6468.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/8/2020 at 11:12 AM, Seat Concepts said:

I just had a talk with my sales staff and cleared this up. Yes, we are going to be making a complete seat option and it will be for the 1 piece design only. Here is a pic of the sample production base.

IMG_3147.jpg

What is the latest “Group Buy” ETA for the 1 pc low (complete seat)?

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

Please consider a 1 pc low “flat” seat . . . to allow scooting back beyond the hump.

Most importantly, please make sure the seam does not rub our inner thighs.

0412F92A-B285-42CA-9434-86E249A4D851.jpeg

23E0C004-D14F-4A6A-A5F9-1B84F3A5198B.jpeg

Edited by Tom McDonough

• Supporting Vendor

The one piece pan is finalized and in production. We will not receive them for about 6 weeks or so. Our new tooling machine is here and should be up and running in a week or so. This will help speed up our concept to production lead time. As for a time frame of having the 1 piece group buy up will be a little while still as we want to have several models available before offering the group buy.

We will have a narrow "rally" version along with wider comfort 1 piece designs.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Seat Concepts said:

The one piece pan is finalized and in production. We will not receive them for about 6 weeks or so. Our new tooling machine is here and should be up and running in a week or so. This will help speed up our concept to production lead time. As for a time frame of having the 1 piece group buy up will be a little while still as we want to have several models available before offering the group buy.

We will have a narrow "rally" version along with wider comfort 1 piece designs.

Will the 1 piece "Low" version be narrow or wide?

• Supporting Vendor

pgeldz-The rally seat is narrow and the comfort is wider.

The seats are sent out in order of being paid and product availability. 

14 minutes ago, Seat Concepts said:

So the question still is...what will the "Low" version 1 piece be?  Comfort or Rally?

Because I'd like the 1 piece rally to look like OEM, but just in a "Low" version.

Please let me know.  Fingers crossed 🙂

Edited by pgeldz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat Concepts said:

Hmm ok. There must've been a rush on the first day when you sent out the codes cuz that's when I paid. No worries. Not like I can ride til spring anyway 😭

• Supporting Vendor

There will be a narrow like the stock seat and a wider comfort version of the low in the one piece seat.

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor
19 minutes ago, Seat Concepts said:

There will be a narrow like the stock seat and a wider comfort version of the low in the one piece seat.

As a dealer for you guys, I've been getting a lot of questions about this.

Seems like many people love the look and want the OEM Rally one piece seat, but it's just two tall for them.

I'm hoping you are coming out with a low version of that (OEM like, narrow, 1 piece LOW version).

I think it would sell like hotcakes 🙂

16 hours ago, Seat Concepts said:

Is there a hump on the narrow (stock seat shape) 1 pc low seat?
Artwork of your design would be very helpful.

31230148-A804-47D4-A886-D9B6D4C656D1.jpeg

Edited by Tom McDonough

• Supporting Vendor

There will be no steps in our rally seats. I will post up pictures as development goes on.

• Like 8

Any good news for us, the European guys ?

Where can we get the seats and also, would we be included in the group buy ?

For those that are unsure of installing the foam and cover yourself, take it to a local upholstery shop and pay them to do it. I used to have a shop that did them for $5

I finally got around to getting mine on.

feels great but it has been to cold and ugly here to give it a try.

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny so first butt test coming.

1A0A153A-2D80-464A-899E-23BA23AC6BE1.jpeg

3FC0A775-6366-4625-B3A3-D849416E4733.jpeg

• Like 3

I'd buy 1 x low and 1 x standard. They must be standard shape, with comfy stuff in them. Not interested in wide/saddle type seat or a higher seat.

I wonder how many others would like the stock seat, or a lower one, same shaped but comfier.

On 1/6/2021 at 10:26 AM, Seat Concepts said:

There will be no steps in our rally seats. I will post up pictures as development goes on.

Great news.  Is the 1pc Rally Low the same width as the OEM front?
I do not want a narrower than stock seat.

I don't think this is right. The foam looks like a low but the cover is touring. I ordered touring. The cover doesn't even come close to fitting around the back edges. @Seat Concepts

PXL_20210112_190608741.jpg

PXL_20210112_190631860.jpg

PXL_20210112_190650810.jpg