Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

@ToeiI got the Comfort Sport touring, front seat only.  Came as new foam and cover, installed it myself in an evening with my dog and Captain Morgan!  Use a good power stapler, 5/16" staples, stainless if you can find them.

This and handlebar warmers are all I really needed, but my farkle list has grown much bigger of course!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Colddog said:

My arse is forever grateful for my new seat, and my arse isnt grateful for much!  Thanks for the awesome upgrade!  

This made me chuckle. Can't wait for the one piece.

• Like 2

I took my first longer ride yesterday during a beautiful day here in the north-northeast: 300+ miles round trip across NH & VT to upstate NY for a quick visit with a brother. 

A seat upgrade has risen to the top of my T7 priority list. The first couple of hours were fine but the T7 OEM seat needs replacement for longer days in the saddle.  I'm looking at the SC one piece replacement. The tough decision will be which one of the six  to choose, of course. 

My typical riding includes longer days in the saddle and exploring BDR type unmaintained roads. My 30" inseam is shrinking as  the Super Senior+ class is out of sight in the rear view mirror.  Currently, I emulate Chuck Norris's front kick to mount the bike, then carefully tilt over to the right foot and raise the kick stand. I've been riding dirt for years and am used to the trade-off of a high seat height vs suspension travel and ground clearance. I may adjust the seat height with a 20 mm lowering link instead of a compromised seat thickness. 

I'm thinking the standard height comfort or sport touring comfort seat may be the right choice, if similar to the stock height. SC, any thoughts? Thanks much.

• Supporting Vendor
On 3/12/2021 at 10:50 AM, Desert Mariner said:

It sounds like the SC Rally seat will be similar to the OEM Rally and the profile of the OEM 2-Piece. As I understand it the main change on the SC Rally seat will be that it is radiused differently so that it is more rounded for comfort.

It appears that the OEM Rally has about the same width as the OEM two piece according to the picture below:

image.png.d540a40db09731b37e335d83e0fe7637.png

Yes, it will have a greater radius along the seating edge. Our seat will also have more foam in the seating area (think thicker foam) as we have removed the tool pocket.

• 2 weeks later...

@Seat Concepts   Where do we stand for a release date of the one piece seats?  

Thanks

Edited by Gekkdroid

Anybody order a front only kit , comfort sport touring seat lately??? They are closed today but there website says some kits maybe in stock ,, 

im wondering what lead time might be ??? I’m not interested in the one piece and that seems to be what most are waiting for..

3 minutes ago, Gary Dirt said:

Anybody order a front only kit , comfort sport touring seat lately??? They are closed today but there website says some kits maybe in stock ,, 

im wondering what lead time might be ??? I’m not interested in the one piece and that seems to be what most are waiting for..

8-10 weeks according to the website.

On 12/23/2020 at 1:44 PM, REDHORSECA said:

I have the Sport Touring Comfort. 
Mine fit perfectly, seam match up with edge of the seats. 

E6UJm4W.jpg

DGtTWg3.jpg

How does this affect standing and riding? I'm interested in this one, but would love your thoughts before I pull the trigger.

2 hours ago, Dakota said:

How does this affect standing and riding? I'm interested in this one, but would love your thoughts before I pull the trigger.

I have the Sport Touring Comfort and find no issues while standing and riding.  I don't feel any interference between my thighs at the seat while standing, even while moving back for a steep downhill.  I'm 6'1" with a 33" inseam, if that helps.

• Like 1

Just now, SociallyStunted said:

I have the Sport Touring Comfort and find no issues while standing and riding.  I don't feel any interference between my thighs at the seat while standing, even while moving back for a steep downhill.  I'm 6'1" with a 33" inseam, if that helps.

Thanks!

I'm 5"7" so a little lower will be great for me. Appreciate your reply.

• Like 1

Leaving for 5 days up into the BC interior. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Eagerly waiting on the 1-piece seats 😆

C0A67476-BD8B-460E-8CC9-586161649A6B.jpeg

• Supporting Vendor

We have all the molds finished for the 1 piece seats. We are in the process of getting all the cover patterns made and finalized. We are also waiting on our pan shipment and do not have a ETA on those yet as the shipping backup is effecting those. I am hoping to have them available by the end of the month but with how things are going these days I am not holding my breath..haha.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Seat Concepts said:

We have all the molds finished for the 1 piece seats. We are in the process of getting all the cover patterns made and finalized. We are also waiting on our pan shipment and do not have a ETA on those yet as the shipping backup is effecting those. I am hoping to have them available by the end of the month but with how things are going these days I am not holding my breath..haha.

If it’s even half the seat my other SC seats are, it’s well worth the wait.  

• Supporting Vendor

I wanted to put this info out there for all of you. Some might already know this and some might not.

The stock seat pushes you forward. This makes the seat uncomfortable in a couple ways. One is you are potentially sitting on some body parts you might not want to. Another is when you try to slide back a little the pressure is now on the cheeks but in the rotational force as you are naturally trying to slide down to the low spot. The other is you are in the narrowest part of the seat as the front bottom. 

We move to the next which is seating position. As the factory seat forces you to slide into the natural low spot on the seat you have become familiar with this riding location and have setup your bar/lever for this spot also. When changing to our seat you will find the ability to slide back and forth more easily. This allows us to put a nice wide seating area at the back of the seating area. Some might find this to be far back or uncomfortable (or different). This will lead to you having to roll your bars back some, changing bar bend or going to something like a Rox riser to get the bars back to that familiar and more upright seating position. Some might ask why we do this? Simple, the wider area has to be somewhere and if we did it up front then the seats would feel way taller than they are when reaching for the ground. This is because you are reaching around a wider seat at all times. 

A extra note is when going to a tall seat be aware of a similar issue with your bars. As now you are higher on the bike, you will be more hunched over to reach the bars. This will typically lead to a rider or taller bar. Another thing is wind protection. What might of been a perfectly fine wind screen height or style may now not be adequate. You will now be higher up and possible in the wind blast or buffeting zone.  

Hope this information helps educate and inform you of some possibilities that might arise when selecting a new seat.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, to those of you with the sport touring seats, could you show some photos of the seat on the bike? Thanks.

3 hours ago, Teambeer said:

B9F7CEE3-9CC9-4BD8-A952-FB942877EEB2.jpeg

Are you happy with it‘s comfort level? 

55 minutes ago, venok said:

Are you happy with it‘s comfort level? 

I love it!

16 hours ago, Teambeer said:

B9F7CEE3-9CC9-4BD8-A952-FB942877EEB2.jpeg

Looks like my bike, well without the rack! Same here, love the seat. More space to move around on and a flatter seating profile. Plus I need the help with the seat height so this helped to counter the big boy springs that makes the bike sit a little higher.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 8:30 AM, Tintop said:

Just looking for an update on when we can expect the one piece seat to be available for sale?

This will be the response: "about another 4-6 weeks due to supplier issues".  That has literally been every response for the past 6 months.  I should of bought the solo seat when there was a group buy...

Well I am sure they want to sell you guys a seat just as much as you want a seat. It is not their fault it is getting dragged out.  

• Like 3

need a seat asap my ass will be greatfull fancy myself a one peice like the rally, i was going to buy the rally edtion version but i will wait see what you guys come up with ?