Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

I def want one of these. With the stock seat I can flat foot the bike both sides no problem. so to simulate the taller seat I grabbed a couple pieces of 2x4 and stuck them on the seat and sat on them. This should have raised my seating position 1.5-1.75 inches or so. Can still touch the ground on both sides with the balls of my feet.

So i would assume I should be ok with a Tall Comfort seat then? Anyone have a rally seat and an inseam of 32" (I am a little over six feet tall) agree with my rationalizing?

Mike

I want also a Sport Touring confort seat.

I'll send a PM when I know shipping cost for Belgium

I would like a tall comfort seat.  But, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to send a private message.  Help, please.

3 minutes ago, Smokeball said:

I would like a tall comfort seat.  But, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to send a private message.  Help, please.

Hover over their username and you will see a popup box that includes the option to send a message. image.png.0fc4cf8d374cb3d9cbdfb83a1ce0ea2c.png

28 minutes ago, BRUNO said:

And the cost for shipping to Belgium?

As per their web page, shipping to EU is 118$. I hope there are few more of us interested from EU, so we can do sort of bulk shipment at least for US-EU leg.

If needed, I can take a lead (however I’m not in the middle of EU)

• Like 2

Well done for organising Interested in the Comfort low seat inc shipping to the Uk

love the carbon look!

6 hours ago, Seat Concepts said:

For those who are out of the US and want to place one order with multiple seats will help the shipping costs for sure.

Treps- Up at the front of the seat it is narrow and more round than the stock seat so the width should not affect the reach to the ground and offset the lower height.

Barberik- The top pic is of the ST seat with our comfort rear seat. The bottom one is of the low set with the stock rear seat with our matching cover installed.

Perfect! Then I’ve requested the right SKU in my group buy submittal. Thanks for the fast reply!

Just became a member and want to get in on Seat Concepts discount buy.

Please advise who to PM my SKU # 

Thanks for being patient with me.

7 minutes ago, w.dschlr@gmail. said:

Just became a member and want to get in on Seat Concepts discount buy.

Please advise who to PM my SKU # 

Thanks for being patient with me.

w.dschlr,  Need to PM Seat Concepts on this forum directly.  Go back a couple pages to find a posting of his.  It's the ones with the big blue Seat Concepts logo.  They're located in Caldwell, ID.  Hit on his user name/image and a page will show that allows you to Message him.

Edited by Too Tall

On 11/9/2020 at 7:45 AM, Seat Concepts said:

Here is the group buy terms:

1-5 seats 15% off 
6-10 seats 20% off 
11+ 30% off 

The ending date will be 11-16-2020 at 11:59 PM

I will need you to PM me the following info:

The seat(s) you want and cover type. You can just copy and paste the sku#

Your email, shipping address, full name and rider weight.

On the 17th I will reach out to those if I need more info and send out invoices over the next day or 2.

https://seatconcepts.com/products/yamaha-2020-t700-comfort-low?rq=yr_2021~mk_yamaha~md_t700

https://seatconcepts.com/products/yamaha-2020-21-t700-sport-touring?rq=yr_2021~mk_yamaha~md_t700

https://seatconcepts.com/products/yamaha-2020-21-t700-comfort-tall?rq=yr_2021~mk_yamaha~md_t700

I am a past SC customer & would love to get in on the group T700 buy but unfortunately your shipping costs to Canada of $93.20 us + 35% exchange + brokerage fees costs as much as the seat with the 30% discount!  I have a us mailbox just across the border but unfortunately cannot access it due to Covid border closure.  Shipping to it is only $19.95!  Hopefully you will offer group buys in the future after Covid closures have been removed and/or are able to arrange reasonable shipping costs to Vancouver Canada.  Unfortunately the waived 6% state tax for shipments invoiced & shipped outside the US are not enough to offset the 4.7x higher Canadian shipping & other costs.

Edited by prowlnS10

On 10/29/2020 at 1:36 PM, norton73 said:

I'm very happy with the SC low  seat on my KLX250. Looking forward to getting a low seat for the T-7. 

Will a SC low seat front section work with the Yamaha rack that replaces the passenger seat?

Will the seat joining kit work with the SC low seat ?

https://t7rally.com/shop/ols/products/t7-tenere-700-seat-joining-kit

Don't bother with all that.

Just flip the OEM fasteners around.

adv_og_logo.png

So I ended up buying a 500exc. If I could describe it in 2 words, vibey and scary. Still have my deposit down on a tenere 700, so maybe I’ll end up...

30 minutes ago, starone said:

You are selling covers.. not full seats correct?

I emailed today and verified, this group buy is for the foam and covers, not a complete seat w/pan. those are a few months away is what I was told.

Edited by Firebolter

Anyone have firsthand experience with low-slip and diamante fabrics?  I’m torn between the two.

My riding style is mostly trail riding, adv touring and around-town, I figure the gripper fabric is overkill for me but can’t pick between the other two!  Any insight is welcome.  (And yes I’ve looked at all the fabric comparisons on the SC site already)

• Like 1

PM sent, in for a Low/low slip........ with grey stitching? 🙂 

Edited by Tooph

i'm torn between the sport and the low. I'm 5'10" and don't have issues with the stock seat but I am on the balls of my feet when stopped. I'm a newbie to the dual sport scene, is the low seat giving up a ton of comfort from the sport? 

21 minutes ago, GreatDistances said:

Anyone have firsthand experience with low-slip and diamante fabrics?  I’m torn between the two.

My riding style is mostly trail riding, adv touring and around-town, I figure the gripper fabric is overkill for me but can’t pick between the other two!  Any insight is welcome.  (And yes I’ve looked at all the fabric comparisons on the SC site already)

I've had all three. The gripper is great on dirt bike, but it grips your gear so well you will slide inside your pants. The low-slip is good all around. I have it on a 350EXC now. Good grip, but doesn't feel like I'm stuck to it. The Diamante is like suede, but safe around water. I love the Diamante on a street/travel bike. It's not slippery like full carbon, but you don't stick to it either. I really like the Diamante and plan to get it for the T7. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, BLZ2DWL said:

I've had all three. The gripper is great on dirt bike, but it grips your gear so well you will slide inside your pants. The low-slip is good all around. I have it on a 350EXC now. Good grip, but doesn't feel like I'm stuck to it. The Diamante is like suede, but safe around water. I love the Diamante on a street/travel bike. It's not slippery like full carbon, but you don't stick to it either. I really like the Diamante and plan to get it for the T7. 

Brilliant!  Thank you very much for your insight, very helpful.