Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

11 hours ago, pgeldz said:

Not sure what you mean here.  I have the Yamaha Accessory Low seat, and it's not a 1 piece seat.  It's just a replacement for the rider seat.  Passenger seat is still separate.

Wait a minute, you mean, they only designed the rider seat as a low seat and left the passenger seat at a normal height?  If that's what you mean, I gotcha.  In practice though, the Yamaha Low seat doesn't really look weird with the standard passenger seat, as the lower part is towards the center of the rider seat.

Having said that, I still want to get BOTH Seat Concepts Low seats...the 2 piece version, and their 1 piece Low version 🙂

Can't wait to get my hands on them!

- Paul 

Paul, thanks.  You're right, I wasn't looking at the picture correctly.  Ordered an OEM low seat just now, it'll be here in a week.  👊

I noticed some substantial discounts on other sites for the group buys on other models up to 30% for a certain number of buyers hoping to see the same here!

Edited by OU812
clarification
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OU812 said:

I noticed some substantial discounts on other sites for the group buys up to 30% for a certain number of buyers hoping to see the same here!

Wait what?

Are you saying that SC seats are available?

What other sites?

Links please!

32 minutes ago, UtahJack said:

Wait what?

Are you saying that SC seats are available?

What other sites?

Links please!

for other models...

9 hours ago, mtaylorcrew said:

Paul, thanks.  You're right, I wasn't looking at the picture correctly.  Ordered an OEM low seat just now, it'll be here in a week.  👊

I like my Low seat from Yamaha, but I'm still definitely in for the Seat Concept versions, both 2 piece and 1 piece.

They are supposed to sit just a *tad* lower, and I'm sure the profile is a little better also.

Can't wait to get my hands on them.

You said you're getting the Yamaha Accessory Low seat delivered next week?  I thought they were on perpetual backorder, no?  How did you manage to score one?

On 10/30/2020 at 11:17 AM, pgeldz said:

I like my Low seat from Yamaha, but I'm still definitely in for the Seat Concept versions, both 2 piece and 1 piece.

They are supposed to sit just a *tad* lower, and I'm sure the profile is a little better also.

Can't wait to get my hands on them.

You said you're getting the Yamaha Accessory Low seat delivered next week?  I thought they were on perpetual backorder, no?  How did you manage to score one?

I spoke too soon, I got an email back from the online retailer that stock low seats are on back order with Yamaha until mid January.  If I'm waiting anyway, I'd much rather have the cool Seat Concepts seat shown in the pic embedded in this thread.  Hopefully soon!

• Like 1

Just rode my T-7 from OR to AZ and back, plenty of dotted lines

I'm still alive, but the doctor says my butt will need to be replaced.  Tall comfort, oh please oh please.  Will be my 4th (and 5th) SC.  Thanks for the updates.

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor

norton73- Yes, that joining kit should work no problem. As for the rack, not sure but I would think there would not be any issues as the rear part of the seat is same as stock.

• Like 2

Tall Comfort front seat for me!!! Looking to replace the pillion with the OEM rack.

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

1 hour ago, Yoojizzle said:

How do we join the group buy?

It hasn't been actually announced yet.  Just hang tight.... they'll announce it on this thread with instructions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2020 at 10:53 AM, Seat Concepts said:

Good news! I am getting pictures this week and will have the group buy up by the end of the week.

Looking forward to it. 

Take my money already!  Any chance we can get these before Thanksgiving?

Just saw the Seat Concepts commercial on FS1 while I am watching Endurocross. Good Stuff, ready to order!

• Like 1

I’d just like to say, I’ve had SC seats on eight or nine dualsports over the years.

Best bang for the buck on the market.

...well worth the wait.

• Supporting Vendor

Sorry guys and gals. I snuck out for possibly our last mountain ride of the year before the weather hit. The group buy will be up this morning. 

• Moderators

Thanks for the generous discounts, I'm confident you're going to have a great response from the T7 community.   I'm in for a 1 piece comfort when those become available. 

• Like 3

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

50 minutes ago, Seat Concepts said:

Here is the group buy terms:

1-5 seats 15% off 
6-10 seats 20% off 
11+ 30% off 

The ending date will be 11-16-2020 at 11:59 PM

I will need you to PM me the following info:

The seat(s) you want and cover type. You can just copy and paste the sku#

Your email, shipping address, full name and rider weight.

On the 17th I will reach out to those if I need more info and send out invoices over the next day or 2.

https://seatconcepts.com/products/yamaha-2020-t700-comfort-low?rq=yr_2021~mk_yamaha~md_t700

https://seatconcepts.com/products/yamaha-2020-21-t700-sport-touring?rq=yr_2021~mk_yamaha~md_t700

https://seatconcepts.com/products/yamaha-2020-21-t700-comfort-tall?rq=yr_2021~mk_yamaha~md_t700

These look really nice.  Do you have any shots of them on the bike?

J

1 hour ago, Seat Concepts said:

Here is the group buy terms:

1-5 seats 15% off 
6-10 seats 20% off 
11+ 30% off 

The ending date will be 11-16-2020 at 11:59 PM

I will need you to PM me the following info:

The seat(s) you want and cover type. You can just copy and paste the sku#

Your email, shipping address, full name and rider weight.

On the 17th I will reach out to those if I need more info and send out invoices over the next day or 2.

https://seatconcepts.com/products/yamaha-2020-t700-comfort-low?rq=yr_2021~mk_yamaha~md_t700

https://seatconcepts.com/products/yamaha-2020-21-t700-sport-touring?rq=yr_2021~mk_yamaha~md_t700

https://seatconcepts.com/products/yamaha-2020-21-t700-comfort-tall?rq=yr_2021~mk_yamaha~md_t700

When can we expect the 1-piece-seats? Thanks in advance! 

One more question: is the sport-touring seat that much more comfy than the normal low comfort seat? 

Edited by venok

1 minute ago, venok said:

When can we expect the 1-piece-seats? Thanks in advance! 

Ditto, what is listed now is just the foam kits for the 2 piece seats correct? 

Standing by for the 1 piece comfort low (preferred) or normal if low not avail!

Thanks

What would be the std. height comfort??

Height on the sport touring?

I don't need the low and tall is too tall. 

Edited by jetdr21