Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Euro 5 Chat

NomadLad

5 minutes ago, HugoB said:

as far as I know only difference is the extra cat on the header pipes. 

otherwise bike and everything is the same. 

if it potentially bothers you so much you can just get decat headers so that bashplates will fit + maybe less ugly. 

should not be a big deal actually this euro 5 t7. 

https://www.acem.eu/new-euro-5-environmental-standard-for-motorcycles-and-mopeds-to-enter-into-force-in-2020

This article mentions the changes regarding the ECU and on board diagnostics in Euro 5 motorcycles. 

The ECUs have been made more "complex".

Also...

introduction of a second stage on-board diagnostic (OBD), allowing advanced identification and flagging of malfunction and deterioration of emission control systems.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, johnneyflyguy said:

This is the 2021 Tenere.

Thanks for the video Johnney. When you see pictures of the catalyser in isolation it can make you forget how beautiful the rest of the bike is. Seeing the whole picture makes me feel better.

• Like 1

A potential glimmer of hope here lads. This guy has the new Euro 5 MT07 and appears to have de-catted it without any issues. No remap or fuelling change though.

He says the sensor for the exhaust air flow has moved to a different location from the older model. Not sure if that means much for the Euro 5 Ténéré though.

• Like 2

The thing is to void waranty, risk police control and maybe problems with insuarence in case of accident ... but it's up to each one to take the risk.

In France in some places there are even new sound radars that scan for dB level ...

I don't think it will bother me other then in terms of estetics. So will kip it but mask with some skidplate.

8 minutes ago, didier said:

The thing is to void waranty, risk police control and maybe problems with insuarence in case of accident ... but it's up to each one to take the risk.

In France in some places there are even new sound radars that scan for dB level ...

I don't think it will bother me other then in terms of estetics. So will kip it but mask with some skidplate.

Very good points Didier.

I hope that it doesn't feel restricted/smothered when it comes... so I will be happy to leave it stock. 

Is your delivery date still May? I have been told mine is now in May, it was April.

Edited by NomadLad

8 minutes ago, NomadLad said:

Very good points Didier.

I hope that it doesn't feel restricted/smothered when it comes... so I will be happy to leave it stock. 

Is your delivery date still May? I have been told mine is now in May, it was April.

Last week I went to the dealer after I saw first pics. But they had no more news. But the dealer is worried himself as I make an exchange with my Tiger 800 and it continues taking kilometers...

5 minutes ago, didier said:

Last week I went to the dealer after I saw first pics. But they had no more news. But the dealer is worried himself as I make an exchange with my Tiger 800 and it continues taking kilometers...

Hopefully we get good news soon 🙏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NomadLad said:

Very good points Didier.

Same fears here. I will leave it like it is if it runs smooth and cover the exhaust with a bash plate. Soon we will have adapted bash plates available.

As yours mine will be delivered later. It had delivery date March (second week) but dealer informed me that it will arrive second week of April hopefully 😞

28 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Same fears here. I will leave it like it is if it runs smooth and cover the exhaust with a bash plate. Soon we will have adapted bash plates available.

As yours mine will be delivered later. It had delivery date March (second week) but dealer informed me that it will arrive second week of April hopefully 😞

When did you place your order?

I ordered mine in mid December and the dealer doesnt tell me when it's going to arrive.

Hi all 

THAT IS U G L Y ... but as stated there might be issues with local restrictions when changing/modifying the headers...

I will be getting my T7 later this month ... and was not aware of the Euro 5 part ... Sooo glad I did not purchase a skidplate as I had planned!! ... so this forum has already saved me a headache!! ...

I ordered mine last september here in Denmark... And I cannot wait ( even though I need to take pictures from her goodlooking side that is ... 😄

\Gufle

Geeeez, I'm preety shocked reading you guys are waiting that long to get your bikes, I wasn't aware it was that bad. I have to say, I just went to the dealer and bought one, by the time I went there (November last year), the dealer had around 18 T7's on stock, so.........

6 hours ago, Wizna said:

When did you place your order?

I ordered mine in mid December and the dealer doesnt tell me when it's going to arrive.

Early January. He probably doesn't know. My dealer is always vague too.

Mine was initially due in April, now May. If that estimate goes to June I'll be making other plans... I'm not going to bin half my summer waiting on it. 

I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing the new 2021s appearing on the forum though 👍👍

Spoke with my dealer today and he has been told by the Importer that my bike should be delivered in mid March. He thinks that the bike will be Euro 5.

Does anyone know if there is any performance drop at all with the Euro 5 specs..?

33 minutes ago, electric_monk said:

Spoke with my dealer today and he has been told by the Importer that my bike should be delivered in mid March. He thinks that the bike will be Euro 5.

Does anyone know if there is any performance drop at all with the Euro 5 specs..?

It is barely -1hp and -0.5Nm from peak performance, so no dramatic change.

When did you preorder yours?

14 minutes ago, didier said:

It is barely -1hp and -0.5Nm from peak performance, so no dramatic change.

When did you preorder yours?

That's good news, I ordered mine on January 11th. I know it's not that long a wait but they took my old bike as a trade in and I have been without a bike for the first time in well over 20 years. I've never bought a new bike before and I have only sat on a T7 just over a year ago.....no test ride.

One of my riding buddies test rode one last year and loved it, the first thing he said after getting off it was that it would be the ideal bike for me. I am buying the bike based on his comments and the looks of the bike.

It feels like waiting for another child to be born.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, electric_monk said:

That's good news, I ordered mine on January 11th. I know it's not that long a wait but they took my old bike as a trade in and I have been without a bike for the first time in well over 20 years. I've never bought a new bike before and I have only sat on a T7 just over a year ago.....no test ride.

One of my riding buddies test rode one last year and loved it, the first thing he said after getting off it was that it would be the ideal bike for me. I am buying the bike based on his comments and the looks of the bike.

It feels like waiting for another child to be born.

The difference is that there is an estimate date of arrival for a child 😄 And usually you don't want him to arrive sooner!

Hope it will be in march. My order was on january too. Tested it and although it is not the most comfortable bike, I really like it's behavior and simplicity.

Edited by didier

13 minutes ago, didier said:

The difference is that there is an estimate date of arrival for a child 😄 And usually you don't want him to arrive sooner!

Hope it will be in march. My order was on january too. Tested it and although it is not the most comfortable bike, I really like it's behavior and simplicity.

Yeah, the lack of electronic interference equipment is certainly a big plus point for me.

I just got info from my dealer that my Rally arrives in beginning of May. This gives me two months to prepare all my upgrades and extras.. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wizna said:

I just got info from my dealer that my Rally arrives in beginning of May. This gives me two months to prepare all my upgrades and extras.. 

Do you know whether it is an Euro5 for instance I have only seen some pics of standard models. I wonder how the skidplate is. It is upgraded as standard on Rally version.

2 minutes ago, didier said:

Do you know whether it is an Euro5 for instance I have only seen some pics of standard models. I wonder how the skidplate is. It is upgraded as standard on Rally version.

It should be Euro5 model. I haven't seen any pics about the skidplate also and I'm very interested to see.

Hopefully someone gets delivered soon and we have some pics.

I am wondering how is the stock exhaust sound of the €5 vs €4.

Also the power of the overall bike, is it dif?

I think they might have changed a bit the soft to give it more power vs €4, because it takes more now to produce the same amount of figures.

The header looks ugly, but hope some aftermarket bash plates will be out soon to cover that ugly part.

• Like 1

This is the thing that will cause a lot of problems besides being ugly.   

• Sad 1