Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Euro 5 Chat

NomadLad

Greetings from the cold Finland.

I got a bike yesterday that i ordered in November.

100km test drive and i love it.Motor is good..no problem with throttle.

I have oem Yamaha heated grips and they are normal in this weather +5CNot too hot but i can drive with these.

Waiting SWmotech engine guard..they are already doing them(euro5)

Today raining snow so no driving.Good day to install supplies..and adjust levers etc.

IMG_20210408_144447040_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

@Juulia congratulations! SW Motech is already making it Euro5? 😮 

I commented under one of their recent youtube videos and they answered that it was not ready yet ...

Thank you.I mail and ask..they make it yes but dont know when it come to shop.I have time to wait.maybe Yamaha make also..dealer dont know what is euro5 rally skid plate..and others certainly do already..I like SW motech look and that it has separate support below.it is strong.Sorry my English:)

I got my EURO 5 Tenere a few weeks ago (2 or 3) and I love the bike. Did around 2000 kms, crazy off road, on road, track, snow, mud, everything basically.

It runs super smooth and it feels very light. I love the exhaust sound also, stock as it is. Coming from a Ducati Scrambler with Termignoni Race Exhaust and a F850 GSA with Akrapovic, I can say the sound is super nice in the low revs (up until 4000-5000rpm) after that it gets silenced. But is has this nice rumble, like a dirt bike, I just love it.

If you guys have any questions about the E5 version let me now and I'll be super happy to share my experience with it. 

I will post some pics also.

CA40BB6C-A78B-46A0-80F3-39E7ECFE59A7.JPG

IMG_6466.jpg

IMG_6560.jpg

IMG_6573.jpg

• Like 3

@bctz123 congrats! Looks great! I also ordered red and white one. Should get it soon... 

Did you have any info from your dealer about OEM rally skid plate availability?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, didier said:

@bctz123 congrats! Looks great! I also ordered red and white one. Should get it soon... 

Did you have any info from your dealer about OEM rally skid plate availability?

They know nothing yes about this. But to be honest I will fit an AXP Racing one. They will have one ready in 1-2 months. 

Looks a lot better and offers more protection. Also, cheaper. Aroun 250-300 euros

• Like 1

I also have got my Euro5 Tenere standard model and my friend has got his Rally on Friday. The exhaust header is a pain but on the Rally it isn't visible as it sits behind the bash plate.
First I thought the bash plate is bolted to the catalytic converter but after taking it off we found the two mounting positions where the little cover sits on the standard model covered by a thin piece of sheet metal. The distance between the catalyst and the bash plate is about 5 to 6mm and I fear that a hard hit from the front -though unlikely- may push the plate vs the catalyst damaging the header or in worst case the cylinder outlet. One reason more why I want to get a race header without catalytic converter.

I hope the pics help you to understand what I mean. Sorry for my not so good English.

Doc

motorschutz er5_1.jpg

motorschutz er5_2.jpg

rallybashplate0.jpg

Rallybashplate1.jpg

rallybashplate3.jpg

rallybashplate5.jpg

rallybashplate4.jpg

• Like 4

On 4/18/2021 at 11:41 AM, Doc Brown said:

I also have got my Euro5 Tenere standard model and my friend has got his Rally on Friday. The exhaust header is a pain but on the Rally it isn't visible as it sits behind the bash plate.
First I thought the bash plate is bolted to the catalytic converter but after taking it off we found the two mounting positions where the little cover sits on the standard model covered by a thin piece of sheet metal. The distance between the catalyst and the bash plate is about 5 to 6mm and I fear that a hard hit from the front -though unlikely- may push the plate vs the catalyst damaging the header or in worst case the cylinder outlet. One reason more why I want to get a race header without catalytic converter.

I hope the pics help you to understand what I mean. Sorry for my not so good English.

Doc

<images..>

I see I'll put my new angle grinder to good use when my Rally arrives 🙂

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 12:41 PM, Doc Brown said:

I also have got my Euro5 Tenere standard model and my friend has got his Rally on Friday.

Is the Akra exhaust on your friends Rally same as on Euro4 Rally? I've seen some picture that it was delivered with a bit different one but I'n not sure if it's the case for all Rallys.

Mine should arrive on 10th of May.

1 hour ago, Wizna said:

Is the Akra exhaust on your friends Rally same as on Euro4 Rally? I've seen some picture that it was delivered with a bit different one but I'n not sure if it's the case for all Rallys.

Mine should arrive on 10th of May.

No, the 21 Euro5 come with a very different Akra muffler. Have a look...

Akrapo Rally.jpeg

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

No, the 21 Euro5 come with a very different Akra muffler. Have a look...

Thanks, I like this one much more since it's more modest.

46 minutes ago, Wizna said:

Thanks, I like this one much more since it's more modest.

Yes, I think it looks way better than the previous one and it also sounds very nice. Not too loud but with a nice bass sound.

Cheers Doc

• Like 1

I got my Euro 5 today in Isére, France. Ordered it on Feb 20th, My original delivery date was April 15th... then it was pushed to mid-May but then the dealer said it showed up early! 

I have been one of the biggest sceptics of the effects of Euro 5 on the bike, but I must say, the sound is still great

I'll reserve any decisions on performance and whether modifications need to be made to the exhaust, airbox or fuelling until after the break in period when I can push the bike properly... but for now... I'm very happy!

20210422_143923.jpg

• Like 8

@NomadLad Felicitations! Hope mine will arrive sooner too 🙂 The dealer announced it strait away mid May here in Toulouse. Do you have some OEM accessories?

4 minutes ago, didier said:

@NomadLad Felicitations! Hope mine will arrive sooner too 🙂 The dealer announced it strait away mid May here in Toulouse. Do you have some OEM accessories?

Merci! 

I hope your bike will be early too!

I asked for no accessories at all! I wanted no delays and a blank canvas 😂

• Like 1

Wahoo Yamaha finally did it ... they finally updated the website 😄 At least the french one. For the last 4 months they still had EURO4 bike photos. 

cq5dam.web.2000.2000.jpeg

Découvrez la gamme Motos Adventure Yamaha : Motos.

And it looks like the rally skidplate got some inflation. It was around 275€ if my memory is good and it is 318€ now.

Edited by didier

Hi all!

Still waiting for my bike, should arrive late june. Does someone here have only slipon with original eu5 headers? Im wondering what a difference it would make in sound. 

Atm i can't flash/retune my bike. These eu5 bikes must run pretty lean from factory so full system without remap would be harmful for the bike?

Cheers.

My Rally finally arrived on Wednesday after ordering it in mid December. Obviously, I’m super happy with my purchase after 350km.

I was bit surprised and disappointed to see the 2020 models exhaust on it, but I can live with that.

Dealer changed the spring for Rally Raid one and also installed Oxford heated grips for me. I have bunch of stuff already piled up to add on this bike, like tail tidy, USB charger, Kriega OS, Barkbusters, tire pressure monitors, etc..

Since I’m 192cm it means I have to hack my way through wind noise as well.

Probably gonna make separate topic for my bike with some better photos to keep some sort of blog.

All in all looks like there is going to be a lot of fun this bike. Funny coincidence, I got to be a father to my son the same day this bike was delivered to me. Looks like I can never sell this bike now 😊

tenere1.jpg

tenere2.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Much as I didn't really want to, I decided to take an angle grinder to my cat mounting lugs on the euro5 downpipes. I've already been fully sideways up the trails on this bike, and no protection on her. My only real concern is the exposed water pump if I drop her on the right side so had to do something. The rest of my protective parts just arrived so figured we'd make an effort at fitting them..

I don't know how near the euro4 bashplate will fit the euro5 yet, or if it can be modified / persuaded to fit, but I know for sure it won't fit with the cat's little heatshield/guard still attached, so it had to go.

IMG_20210507_123443.thumb.jpg.8a28a1d6b9a13c61c74c9c109df65eb4.jpg

IMG_20210507_124520.thumb.jpg.9255031068daf9c8328a67a26112260f.jpg

Will find out if we can make it fit soon enough I guess.. 

Edited by Tony_ruane
  • Like 2

Which Euro 4 parts are you trying to fit Tony? Have a euro 5 on the way and a E4 Touratech plate in the shed so Intrigued to see how you get on...

Been very busy lately, but eventually got to it. 

The short answer is that the Euro4 bashplate does not fit the Euro5 bike, but I managed to get mine on with a little persuasion, an angle grinder & a lump hammer. 

IMG_20210518_183920.thumb.jpg.f291162381fd59364823fa70b18ca1d7.jpg 

Even with the mounting points removed from the cat and the front of the bashplate pulled out about 20mm, I could only get three of the four bolts to find home, and had to be creative with the washers to even get that.

The frame under the motor might be *slightly wider on the Euro 5 bike ? Don't have a Euro4 to compare it to but it seemed wider than the holes in the bashplate. 

IMG_20210518_183944.thumb.jpg.d4b33889845927ea9e815d3044c3b273.jpg

I've a few rivnuts and some waste aluminium in the garage and will tidy this disaster up later in the week. Could also reverse the polarity on the TIG machine and go to town on it, but then it'd be even uglier. 

Probably wouldn't recommend anyone else actually doing this.

Edited by Tony_ruane
  • Like 1

Hi

Anyone who ordered this bike this year already gotten it?? Reserved a bike in January and estimated arrival time changed from march to april to may and is now beginning of June. And this in Finland.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Priesta said:

Hi

Anyone who ordered this bike this year already gotten it?? Reserved a bike in January and estimated arrival time changed from march to april to may and is now beginning of June. And this in Finland.

Hi,

Preordered mine on 5th december 2020 with estimated delivery in fabruary 2021.  But actual order went to yamaha only on 20th of january with 300€ increase and new estimate for May. Past saturday I was called by the dealer, they finally got the bike! Will get it next week probably, after all accessories are installed and I get the insuarence.

When I talked to the dealer in March I was toled that actually only few parts wer lacking to complete a few hundreds of Teneres already assembled in the factory. Corona + Suez canal incident ...  So someone ordering in january has to wait till May, but someone ordering the bike in March would get it June.

Hope you get yours very soon.

Edited by didier

I ordered in January and got mine in April.  I'm also in Finland.

12 minutes ago, didier said:

Hi,

Preordered mine on 5th december 2020 with estimated delivery in fabruary 2021.  But actual order went to yamaha only on 20th of january with 300€ increase and new estimate for May. Past saturday I was called by the dealer, they finally got the bike! Will get it next week probably, after all accessories are installed and I get the insuarence.

When I talked to the dealer in March I was toled that actually only few parts wer lacking to complete a few hundreds of Teneres already assembled in the factory. Corona + Suez canal incident ...  So someone ordering in january has to wait till May, but someone ordering the bike in March would get it June.

Hope you get yours very soon.

hi

Sure do hope so, the bikes had been preordered to the shop already when i reserved one...but hopefully will arrive within weeks:)