Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

8 hours ago, Ten7 said:

Looks good are you going to also install there aero style crash protectors good alternative to crash bars I reckon 👍

I bought R&G engine case covers to have some protection mainly for the water pump. Sooner or later I'll drop my bike so better to be prepared. I don't wanna increase the weight of the bike too much and I'll rather install small crash bars to protect the radiator. Yamaha OEM crash bars look too heavy.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, erey said:

Few installations today:

- lithium battery -..............

IMG_20191101_155117.jpg

Nice, please, what make is the lithium battery ?

2 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Nice, please, what make is the lithium battery ?

JMT - HJTZ10S-FP-I

12V / 48 Wh

Fit perfectly

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, erey said:

JMT - HJTZ10S-FP-I

12V / 48 Wh

Fit perfectly

Cool.... Thanks.... JMT should perform great. Keep us posted 👍

52 minutes ago, slawmir said:

I bought R&G engine case covers to have some protection mainly for the water pump. Sooner or later I'll drop my bike so better to be prepared. I don't wanna increase the weight of the bike too much and I'll rather install small crash bars to protect the radiator. Yamaha OEM crash bars look too heavy.

Hepcko and Becker make a low crash bar.. Which looks nice in black or stainless.. I will either get these or just crash bungs as I don't ride off road. 

Cheers Aleks 

Screenshot_20191101-173838__01.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Hepcko and Becker make a low crash bar.. Which looks nice in black or stainless.. I will either get these or just crash bungs as I don't ride off road. 

Cheers Aleks 

Agree, they are nice. I prefer riding off road, so I'm going to install crash bars. I'll consider those above.

Thanks.

Edited by slawmir

7 hours ago, Oyley said:

Looking at mine I cannot see the OS base fitting with th Yamaha rear rack at all...I have both items unfitted and it's going to be one or the other.May consider altering the OS base by splitting and fitting some webbing straps to bridge the seat and go under the grab handles on the rack...the OS base is just not wide enough as it is...it was a quick trial fit so I will take another look soon.

Waiting eagerly to hear about this test.
If there are any nice soft bags then it is Kriega: as

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Cheers Aleks 

Someone posted the other day on a facebook page about an off with HB lower bars and they folded and bent the frame apparently, I'll be avoiding them that's fr sure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, cabby said:

Someone posted the other day on a facebook page about an off with HB lower bars and they folded and bent the frame apparently, I'll be avoiding them that's fr sure. 

Thank you for sharing this, definitely not good then. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I fitted a screen adjuster kit made by T7Rally.com

IMG_5758.jpeg

Keep us posted on how it is Bob 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, cabby said:

Good to know.

Thanks.

Does anyone have any experience with sw-motech crash bars for T7? I consider them but I'm not sure about the reliability.

https://sw-motech.com/en/products/protection/crash+bar/4052572179055.htm

Edited by slawmir

9 hours ago, slawmir said:

Good to know.

Thanks.

Does anyone have any experience with sw-motech crash bars for T7? I consider them but I'm not sure about the reliability.

https://sw-motech.com/en/products/protection/crash+bar/4052572179055.htm

This is the model I ordered for my Ténéré. I had one for my MT-09. It saved my bike during a road crash. Good quality and well designed - 3 attachement points, will protect the radiator. This with good handguards will help a lot. I installed the R&G carters protection. I still wait for a good skidplate and a water pump protection.

1 hour ago, erey said:

This is the model I ordered for my Ténéré. I had one for my MT-09. It saved my bike during a road crash. Good quality and well designed - 3 attachement points, will protect the radiator. This with good handguards will help a lot. I installed the R&G carters protection. I still wait for a good skidplate and a water pump protection.

Thanks for the info.

Today riding my Tenere I've noticed that my knees are in place where two bars are welded, close to the cylinder.

I'm 1,87 meters tall.

Maybe, if I would see sw-motech crash bars mounted on the bike from different angle, it would clarify if they are suitable for me.

sbl_06_799_10000_b_2_xl1.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Watched her turn 1500 miles today.

Edited by X Plane
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 8:28 PM, cabby said:

You're the chap on Farmer Torques YT page aren't you ?? 

Good catch, I am yes! As you can tell I'm a natural in front of a camera... 😂

9to5adv.com

On 10/9/2019 at 3:13 PM, Symon said:

Hi James..do you have a link to the lextek pipe?..thanks

It's due to be out this month some time, but not up on the site yet. I think they're launching it at the Motorbike show at the NEC this month.

View our great range of Lextek Exhausts, Silencers, Link Pipes with Silencer, Full Systems with Silencer, Link Pipes, Titanium Systems, Downpipe & Gasket, Servo Eliminators, Downpipe only, Exhaust Plugs, Baffles, Brackets, Emblems, Other

9to5adv.com

On 10/9/2019 at 9:59 AM, Aleksandar13 said:

Do the bags mount on a special plate? I will be traveling next year in Europe and was thinking just to strap a US 20 and US 20 on the back seat, but this looks good. 

Would you be able to post some more pictures when you get a chance. 

Aleks 

Hi Aleks, sorry for the late reply. With the OS Base, they just go straight over the seat, no mounting plates. But if you have the pannier racks you can get a Kriega plate which mounts to that. Here are a few pictures but I've also just done a massive review on the bags which have loads of pictures. 

20191020_114602.jpg?fit=4032%2C3024&ssl=

Tested on the Yamaha Ténéré 700 This review contains affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, you won’t pay anything more, but we do get a small commission from that website to help keep us riding. …

20191019_162701.jpg

20191101_1015552.jpg

• Like 3

9to5adv.com

6 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Hi Aleks, sorry for the late reply. With the OS Base, they just go straight over the seat, no mounting plates. But if you have the pannier racks you can get a Kriega plate which mounts to that. Here are a few pictures but I've also just done a massive review on the bags which have loads of pictures. 

20191020_114602.jpg?fit=4032%2C3024&ssl=

Tested on the Yamaha Ténéré 700 This review contains affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, you won’t pay anything more, but we do get a small commission from that website to help keep us riding. …

20191019_162701.jpg

20191101_1015552.jpg

Thank you so much for clearing that up for me.. I'm more relieved now that you can use the existing fixing points on the bike and don't have to drill at all. 

Deciding if I should go for the base with 2 x12 or use just os18 as a tail bag.. 

Just now, Aleksandar13 said:

Thank you so much for clearing that up for me.. I'm more relieved now that you can use the existing fixing points on the bike and don't have to drill at all. 

Deciding if I should go for the base with 2 x12 or use just os18 as a tail bag.. 

Either will do the trick. The side bags are very unobtrusive so you don't have to worry about filtering etc. You can also mount a tail bag to the top of the OS base if you need even more space!

• Thanks 1

9to5adv.com

On 8/30/2019 at 12:56 PM, Murska said:

Diy Oxford remote mount.

14719017.jpg

14729819.jpg

That looks like a very nice mount. How did you do it?

On 9/3/2019 at 5:35 PM, Motomad said:

I fitted Barkbusters also. Great guards. Removed them off my old XT660Z with Fatbars. Fitted perfectly with no touching at full lock.

E7AEB5FA-D920-4559-A58C-99E6F9C9B13B.jpeg

Question: Can these be fitted while keeping the original bar end weights in place? ... I would prefer to simply bolt the Barkbusters as a quick and easy replacement while still properly protecting hand and levers.