Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

9 hours ago, MGG said:

That looks like a very nice mount. How did you do it?

I am a machinist and made a manual milling machine. Material POM plastic.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Murska said:

I am a machinist and made a manual milling machine. Material POM plastic.

I was hoping for an easier way or maybe some hacking of a bracket. The results look quite nice, maybe you should start a side business. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MGG said:

I was hoping for an easier way or maybe some hacking of a bracket. The results look quite nice, maybe you should start a side business. 🙂

3d printing could be an option. 

12 minutes ago, cabby said:

Fitted a set of up and back risers, not test rode them but they feel good. 

Hi can you let me know what make they are and where to get them please Thank you Bill

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bill said:

Hi can you let me know what make they are and where to get them please Thank you Bill

Bill, they are just a random set I've put on my last four bikes. 

10 hours ago, cabby said:

Bill, they are just a random set I've put on my last four bikes. 

Thanks cabby That`s just the sort of thing i am looking for, not easy to find for the T7 Thanks again Bill

On 11/1/2019 at 6:17 PM, erey said:

Few installations today:

- Yamaha aux lights (PIAA)

- lithium battery

- gps mount (ram-mount)

- doubletake mirrors

- Yamaha light protector

- fork stickers T7 Rally

- Yamaha radiator protection

- Footpegs Rade garage

- R&G covers

- Acerbis handguards

- Yamaha chain guard

- screen protector T7 Rally

- Screen adjuster kit T7 Rally

IMG_20191101_154951.jpg

IMG_20191101_155117.jpg

IMG_20191101_155132.jpg

IMG_20191101_155138.jpg

IMG_20191101_155145.jpg

IMG_20191101_155155.jpg

IMG_20191101_155201.jpg

IMG_20191101_155205.jpg

IMG_20191101_155215.jpg

IMG_20191101_155241.jpg

IMG_20191101_162042.jpg

IMG_20191101_163553.jpg

Which lithium battery? Dealer told me that if I opt to install a different than oem battery in case of an electrical fail then they won't refund, because lithium battery would void the warranty...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

^ Real nice mods. Looking like low mileage use. All tidy and tasty. 

Can someone please explain to me if I would need a chain guide for road use only? 

I'm not entirely sure about the role of this item... Never had it before. 

Al

Cheers

Aleks 

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Can someone please explain to me if I would need a chain guide for road use only? 

Al

Cheers

Aleks 

No.... Nope is a short answer; but its true. Trust on that. All essential items are already on the bike.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, al700 said:

Which lithium battery? Dealer told me that if I opt to install a different than oem battery in case of an electrical fail then they won't refund, because lithium battery would void the warranty...

Sure, it's your own responsibility. It's why Honda change to a lithium battery for the Africa and BWM prupose it for few models as an option.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Al

Cheers

Aleks 

Sorry I can't explain to you. I use my bike off the road 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, erey said:

Sure, it's your own responsibility. It's why Honda change to a lithium battery for the Africa and BWM prupose it for few models as an option.

Is it only me that considering ditching a brand new battery for a lithium one is not worth the hassle and the money... You could use that money to get a titanium exhaust and lose the same weight. 

On a brand new bike I wouldn't bother but this is me 😎

Edited by Aleksandar13
  • Like 1

Just now, Aleksandar13 said:

Is it only me that considerea ditching a brand new battery for a lithium one is not worth the hassle and the money... You could use that money to get a titanium exhaust and lose the same weight. 

On a brand new bike I wouldn't bother but this is me 😎

My money, my wishes. I have a titanium exhaust too 😉 I like to have the freedom to do what I want in my country.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, erey said:

My money, my wishes. I have a titanium exhaust too 😉 I like to have the freedom to do what I want in my country.

No offence intended, good luck in finding the battery you want and let us know what the weight saving is. ☺️😊

11 minutes ago, erey said:

Thank you. I asked in case Yamaha released an approved lithium...which model did you choose? JMT? SHORAI? SHIDO? ANTIGRAVITY?I am interested to know if it works flawlessly..

Edited by al700

2 minutes ago, al700 said:

Thank you. I asked in case Yamaha released an approved lithium...which model did you choose? JMT? SHORAI? SHIDO? ANTIGRAVITY?I am interested to know how it works...

JMT - HJTZ10S-FP-I

12V / 48 Wh

But you have so many model now.

22 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Al

Cheers

Aleks 

I always had a chain guide in my bikes. For road use you don't need it, but for off road riding it's useful. I broke a chain guide twice. Some time ago when riding my DR650 a piece of wood, short stick got between drive chain and a chain guide. The chain guide prevented the stick from getting  between  drive chain and a rear sprocket. If it would happen, probably the drive chain would brake. Second role of chain guide is to help drive chain to get properly on rear sprocket while there is sometimes biger slack of the chain and it moves up and down while you ride on bumpy off road track.

Edited by slawmir
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2019 at 10:34 AM, Murska said:

Diy chain roller with ball bearing.

14741558.jpg

This looks nice, can you provide links and size for bearings and rollers?

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 6:40 AM, slawmir said:

I always had a chain guide in my bikes. For road use you don't need it, but for off road riding it's useful. I broke a chain guide twice. Some time ago when riding my DR650 a piece of wood, short stick got between drive chain and a chain guide. The chain guide prevented the stick from getting  between  drive chain and a rear sprocket. If it would happen, probably the drive chain would brake. Second role of chain guide is to help drive chain to get properly on rear sprocket while there is sometimes biger slack of the chain and it moves up and down while you ride on bumpy off road track.

Good explanation ... also 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 11/9/2019 at 8:52 AM, erey said:

Jeezo, you're a bit sensitive aren't you petal 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MGG said:

This looks nice, can you provide links and size for bearings and rollers?

The bearing is 608 2RS, the roller is self made.

• Like 2