Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

3D Printed Parts

ClutchXT

Figured we were getting a few threads started with different printable parts I would start to compile the parts links here and update the main post with links for quick reference.

If the mods want to move this post to a different section that is cool. 

T7 Frame Plug - remix I did of X_NRG's design

Tank Side Grip Pads - posted up by TheFirePT 

Tank Top Pad - posted up by TheFirePT

Wahoo Element Nav Bar Mount - posted up by Rtadlock

T7 Hinged Fuel Cap Adapter - posted up by TheFirePT 

Anti-Bobble Bracket and Ram Mount- ClutchXT

T7 Keychain- posted up by Chris1974

Airbox Lid Remix  - posted by Wizbang

-Lid no snorkel

T7 Airbox Lid w/Pre-filter horn - ClutchXT

Twin 30oz MSR Fuel Bottle Bracket - ClutchXT

T7 Chain tension guide - Chris1974

Edited by ClutchXT
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

As posted on the first post:

I printed a set of the T7 frame plugs about three weeks ago at work with ABS plastic.

NqFQXyH.jpg?1

TxsHj5e.jpg

buXrGS6.jpg

Edited by REDHORSECA
  • Like 3

On 7/17/2021 at 10:30 AM, REDHORSECA said:

As posted on the first post:

I printed a set of the T7 frame plugs about three weeks ago at work with ABS plastic.

NqFQXyH.jpg?1

TxsHj5e.jpg

buXrGS6.jpg

Who makes these frame protectors ?

thanks,

huero

Has anyone thought of printing some replacement abs rings to get the speedometer accurate? I see they make them out of metal. I would design them if I knew how but not smart enough with fusion 360….yet

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thriller said:

Has anyone thought of printing some replacement abs rings to get the speedometer accurate? I see they make them out of metal. I would design them if I knew how but not smart enough with fusion 360….yet

An ABS ring would be a great design to get to know Fusion 360 a bit better. It could probably be done with a single sketch. Use parameters for any value that you need to enter and circular pattern for the bolt pattern and the hole pattern on the ring.

With the parametric design you could draw one sketch that can be used to make any type of ABS ring for any bike by simply changing the parameters to fit.

• Like 2

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

8 hours ago, Thriller said:

If you want them to work, I suggest using a 3D Metal printer. They are metal to 'cut' the sensor's lines of flux to induce a pulse, hence a reading. Plastic (unless HEAVILY filled with metal) will not work.

• Like 2

I think I have Yamaha disease...

14 minutes ago, Canzvt said:

If you want them to work, I suggest using a 3D Metal printer. They are metal to 'cut' the sensor's lines of flux to induce a pulse, hence a reading. Plastic (unless HEAVILY filled with metal) will not work.

Well great to know. Thanks for that! 

11 minutes ago, Canzvt said:

I was just about to say the same. I think the sensor is regular hall sensor, which means that not even all metals work (ie. aluminium). So I think the ABS rings printed even with metal 3D-printer might not work properly. Replacement ABS rings need to be laser cut from proper stainless alloy or steel with rust protection. So filaments with metal in them won't work either. Just wanted point that out, if some one is thinking of that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thriller said:

I have a friend who can cut this out in stainless on the plasma table. So still need to design it. 

Not any stainless will work. It needs to be magnetic (ferretic stainless steel). Google suitable stainless alloy that people have used for replacement ABS rings. As a side note. Odometer in T7 is fairly accurate. Only speedo has ~10% error. Fixing the ring to show correct speed will mean that odo will show about 10% more mileage. It might be an issue if/when selling the bike.

8 hours ago, Hobes said:

will show about 10% more mileage

Wouldn't correcting the bike show "less"?

As in currently: I drive 100 MPH for an hour, the bike shows I drove 100 mile but I actually only went 90 miles.

Edit: @Hobes Just got back from a ride. My old Garmin hand-held hiking GPS showed me at 62-63, while the bike had me at 65 on the speedometer, so that is around 4%. The MPG thingy on the bike shows 54.9 MPG but the gas fill-up had me at 61.5 mpg (171 miles, 2.77 gallons). No big deal on any of this.... Happy with the bike!

Edited by Hibobb
Just because
  • Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Anti-Bobble bracket with Ram Mount

Designed this Anti-Bobble bracket for the Tenere 700, it also has the bolt spacing to accept a Ram Mount Adapter, adapter can be spaced to either side of the bracket or centered.

there are 2 versions of the bracket in the file,

version 1 takes threaded 10-24 threaded inserts found at ace-hardware/ lowes
version 2 takes hex nuts

Hardware:
You will need 2x M6x25mm bolts to attach the bracket to the back of the cluster, you can however substitute M5 hardware in place of the SAE parts below.

10-24 x 1.0-1.25"
10-24 x 1.5"
10-24 threaded inserts x 6 (if not using Locknuts)
10-24 Locknuts x 6 (if not using thread inserts)

Step files are in the download if you want to remix for your use case

948592387_BlankCover.thumb.JPG.e5b6a4febd6b8b4c13b39ed8371af21e.JPG

1814729864_RamBallAttached.thumb.JPG.07b4ef780307643e82f9a7cdcc0e12d3.JPG

1569702760_BracketFrontshowingthreadedinsert.thumb.JPG.3cdc91726ad5c0348532f2b48df16fa7.JPG

featured_preview_Short_Top_Clamp_v3.png

Designed this Anti-Bobble bracket for the Tenere 700, it also has the bolt spacing to accept a Ram Mount Adapter, adapter can be spaced to either side of the bracket or centered. there are 2 versions of the bracket in the...

Edited by ClutchXT
  • Like 4

On 7/25/2021 at 6:15 PM, Hibobb said:

Wouldn't correcting the bike show "less"?

As in currently: I drive 100 MPH for an hour, the bike shows I drove 100 mile but I actually only went 90 miles.

Edit: @Hobes Just got back from a ride. My old Garmin hand-held hiking GPS showed me at 62-63, while the bike had me at 65 on the speedometer, so that is around 4%. The MPG thingy on the bike shows 54.9 MPG but the gas fill-up had me at 61.5 mpg (171 miles, 2.77 gallons). No big deal on any of this.... Happy with the bike!

Ah... Total brain fart from my end. Yes it will show less not more 🤦‍♂️

Interesting my 2020 euro model is showing 90kmh with actual speed of 81. Odo seems to be about 1%. Of course tires will make a big difference too. Haven't checked current tyres though.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheFirePT said:

@ClutchXT 

featured_preview_upper_tank_pad.png

Upper tank pad for a yamaha tenere 700, similar looking to the original but not 100% same measures. Never printed it yet.

Not yet printed it, but will do soon just to see the final thing, since i have the original.

Got it added to the list,

I'm think I'm going to have a go at the pads one of these days, gotta decide on a color first, and decide on what adhesive to use that won't harm the paint

• Like 1

@ClutchXT nice, let me know when you do, to see the results 🙂
maybe some days down the line i will put the yamaha letters on the top pad, and then let the 2 options avaliable.

Already printed 1 top pad, and looks good close to the original, will upload the image on thingiverse soon.

Edited by TheFirePT
  • Like 1

I assume you are printing this with TPU??

5 hours ago, TheFirePT said:

@ClutchXT 

featured_preview_upper_tank_pad.png

Upper tank pad for a yamaha tenere 700, similar looking to the original but not 100% same measures. Never printed it yet.

Not yet printed it, but will do soon just to see the final thing, since i have the original.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thriller said:

I assume you are printing this with TPU??

yep, here are some of the details on the print from his listing

image.png.e451e1a3df7b10bf78ec35a9f13727a8.png

• Like 2

@Thriller Yes, i confirm the above info @ClutchXT posted 🙂 Already printed 1 later will post on thingiverse, and done a update on the side panels to include the real YAMAHA logo fonts, will do the top too soon with the YAMAHA fonts, didnt updated them on thingiverse yet.

Edited by TheFirePT
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, TheFirePT said:

@Thriller Yes, i confirm the above info @ClutchXT posted 🙂 Already printed 1 later will post on thingiverse, and done a update on the side panels to include the real YAMAHA logo fonts, will do the top too soon with the YAMAHA fonts, didnt updated them on thingiverse yet.

Thanks I am running a Flashforge Adventurer 3 so am not able to print TPU yet because of having to push the filament but great to have options for the future. Thanks for your work in design of this part. 

• Like 2