Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

3D Printed Parts

ClutchXT

On 1/7/2022 at 12:19 PM, Wizna said:

Has anybody done mirror mount 3d model? Something similar to Rottweiler mounts.

I have mirrors from Aliexpress but the mounting method could be better.

image.png.b0c89ca0e624ba4ed207803c910efad5.pngimage.png.b722aae6f242917bbeb9d39c1aac413a.pngimage.png.c4cfbf7bba416ca347e4b49515a3a0b6.png

I made this for the Acerbis X-Factory black Handguards and ali express mirrors. No drilling required, just remove the OEM mount and replace it with this. Printed in PCTPE and is holding up well. "Should" survive a fall but that's untested so far. 

3636.JPG

PXL_20230712_193732881.MP.jpg

Edited by Deviant

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, JessieJim said:

Which do you use? I’ve read the article https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/10-best-3d-printers-get-comprehensive-buyers-guide-david-bronson-x5zce and tend to Creality Ender 3 but still can't decide.

If you have the money, nothing beats a Bambu Lab printer!

Do it right the first time. Creality is aincient technology. BambuLab does it a lot better for a little more money.

https://eu.store.bambulab.com/en-nl/collections/sale

4 hours ago, Chris1974 said:

If you have the money, nothing beats a Bambu Lab printer!

Do it right the first time. Creality is aincient technology. BambuLab does it a lot better for a little more money.

https://eu.store.bambulab.com/en-nl/collections/sale

BambuLabs indeed raised the bar significantly for hobby 3D printers. The newest Prusa models are also really good. Or Creality K1.

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

• 5 months later...
On 7/25/2021 at 10:44 PM, ClutchXT said:

Anti-Bobble bracket with Ram Mount

Designed this Anti-Bobble bracket for the Tenere 700, it also has the bolt spacing to accept a Ram Mount Adapter, adapter can be spaced to either side of the bracket or centered.

there are 2 versions of the bracket in the file,

version 1 takes threaded 10-24 threaded inserts found at ace-hardware/ lowes
version 2 takes hex nuts

Hardware:
You will need 2x M6x25mm bolts to attach the bracket to the back of the cluster, you can however substitute M5 hardware in place of the SAE parts below.

10-24 x 1.0-1.25"
10-24 x 1.5"
10-24 threaded inserts x 6 (if not using Locknuts)
10-24 Locknuts x 6 (if not using thread inserts)

Step files are in the download if you want to remix for your use case

948592387_BlankCover.thumb.JPG.e5b6a4febd6b8b4c13b39ed8371af21e.JPG

1814729864_RamBallAttached.thumb.JPG.07b4ef780307643e82f9a7cdcc0e12d3.JPG

1569702760_BracketFrontshowingthreadedinsert.thumb.JPG.3cdc91726ad5c0348532f2b48df16fa7.JPG

featured_preview_Short_Top_Clamp_v3.png

Designed this Anti-Bobble bracket for the Tenere 700, it also has the bolt spacing to accept a Ram Mount Adapter, adapter can be spaced to either side of the bracket or centered. there are 2 versions of the bracket in the...

I have been using this mount printed just in PLA for a couple of years and it works great. Big difference in the wobble. Now I want to mount a Garmin Zumo XT2 to the top bar and wanted to keep it mouted without using a ram mount. Has anyone seen a 3d printed version that had the same bolt pattern as the Garmin? I can find the garmin mount and the anti wobble but not both together and my CAD skills are not any good. 

On 4/28/2024 at 7:48 AM, Thriller said:

I have been using this mount printed just in PLA for a couple of years and it works great. Big difference in the wobble. Now I want to mount a Garmin Zumo XT2 to the top bar and wanted to keep it mouted without using a ram mount. Has anyone seen a 3d printed version that had the same bolt pattern as the Garmin? I can find the garmin mount and the anti wobble but not both together and my CAD skills are not any good. 

i have a zumo XT i can grab some measurements off of the power mount, i can draw the top plate to take some heatset inserts and allow direct mounting, would mounting it directly to the mount face work for the angle? I wont be able to check as i sold the T7 and went back to a shorter bike last fall after breaking my leg

This thing is designed to mount your Garmin zumo XT to the BMW 12 mm accessory bar. As a special feature, Garmin's unlocking mechanism is covered and you need to insert your bike key to release the navigation unit...

I used this until sold my XT last week. great mount with an added security feature. Wrap a small bit of tape on the crossbar to increase stiction

As for a rear brace i broke my 3d printed ones so bough an alu one.

NICECNC Blue Dash Stabilizer Compatible with Yamaha Tenere 700 XTZ700 2019-2022,Tenere 700 Rally Edition 2020-2022 : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

Edited by john_aero