Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Mod #1 Huzar exhaust

Guys

Order placed with the Huzar guys with a prompt response, communication and arrived safely and well packaged within 8 days to Glasgow, Scotland. 

Really straight forward to install, having to cut a hole into a brand new bike to accommodate the small bracket seemed wrong, but just psychological. I was initially concerned about how close the pipe was to the plastic rear, literally just missing it, but thankfully it hasn’t affected the plastic at all. 

I’m really pleased with the line of the pipe and the sound is kinda growly but I like it. 

There is a tiny wee leak at the connection but an easy fix with a sealant. 

Overall very impressed with the service and quality from the Huzar folk, they responded to a couple of queries after I fitted it so absolutely no complaints from me. 

Onto mod#2 

D59927E6-F5F8-4057-97AE-450EF9DC108D.jpeg

331FCA10-FD74-495E-B2B8-68E631201B74.jpeg

EF270F3D-58E0-4039-BD88-123EAF9DC34A.jpeg

BC3A62E6-82A1-449C-9A3C-5ECECD800C67.jpeg

9D946AE1-CA17-4FD3-8D19-420DEEC67C65.jpeg

9A85697F-B20C-4D3E-A185-5E3FCB6F3EC2.jpeg

E3AEFBE8-33FD-4B6A-BA73-4BDB9AF5C5AE.jpeg

2B887E60-6B36-4A27-898C-6737E230F8AE.jpeg

269F09C4-D78C-4B71-B7D0-45D6F4DFB080.jpeg

Edited by Guys
  • Like 1

That's super high and tight. Mine is leaving Poland en route to Colorado today. Not that I drop the bike a lot, but I push my abilities all the time and the swing arm is getting quite scuffed and I'm sometimes more tired from kicking the silencer back into place than from riding and I'm really looking forward to getting this mounted. 

• Like 1

7 days Poland to Colorado. I can't get a lot of domestic parts that fast.

poland.jpg

• Like 3

Only issue I had was a small leak where it meets the headpipe. A little high temp rtv fixed it. Still not too fond of the rear mount but I’ll leave it for now unless it becomes an issue then I’ll fab up something more substantial. 

Edited by mpatch
  • Like 1

That does the job and solves the issue... but they could work a bit more on how it looks, really.. 😄

Edited by Ziggy
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 8:37 AM, Ziggy said:

That does the job and solves the issue... but they could work a bit more on how it looks, really.. 😄

For the price range I think it’s pretty damn good. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 11:09 PM, CimarronEric said:

7 days Poland to Colorado. I can't get a lot of domestic parts that fast.

poland.jpg

Nice one, did you go for black or chrome? 

11 minutes ago, Guys said:

Nice one, did you go for black or chrome? 

Black

huzar.jpg

• Like 3

Nice man! I just ordered mine. Probably gonna see if I can sell the muffler it comes with and just use my own. Also want to look into mounting it possibly a different way (more sturdy) too.

In all honesty, after a lot of research, this is probably the cheapest midpipe I can find short of paying someone else to weld a custom midpipe. For $200, I think I'm hard-pressed to find something cheaper.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 3:37 AM, Ziggy said:

If you shortened the can just enough to get the tip closer to the end of the tail it would help overall looks a fair bit. 

Can just get some rally raid or adventure spec racks and you won’t even see it 😀B52BBCC1-B2AF-4E33-8AAD-AB124360282D.thumb.jpeg.768a2e9367828ebc924385709e1c7a17.jpeg

• Like 4

Mine just arrived today, but I can't find any installation instructions. Where did you guys find them?

1 hour ago, Cougar Bait said:

Mine just arrived today, but I can't find any installation instructions. Where did you guys find them?

There are none.  Look on the website for the pictures.  This is where Huzar does actually fail.  They expect you to figure out how to install it.  The only thing that really needs explanation is where to cut the opening for the mounting tab.  Use the pictures.

You;ll get a round disc with holes cut in it.  THat is the internal dB killer that goes in between the end can and the midpipe.  The outer dB killer attaches with a socket head cap screw and nylok nut.  There is a ring with welded nut on it to attach the midpipe/end can joint to the OEM exhaust hanger.  I found the supplied screw a little too long...it bottoms out on the pipe before tightening fully to the mount.

tlumik-owalny-50-cm-ze-stali-nierdzewnej

Tłumik owalny 50 cm, w całości wykonany ze stali nierdzewnej malowany proszkowo na czarno. Aby możliwe było zamontowanie wydechu górą, konieczne jest wycięcie otworu w elemencie plastikowym o wymiarach 30x20...

Shortly after posting, I found the pictures and got it all installed. I noticed the mid pipe won't fit on the gasket off of the cat... Is it supposed to just be clamped down to the header pipe as is? Because that's exactly what I did, lol. Haven't checked for leaks yet, and not too sure exactly how to do that, but oh well. Might take it off and put some high-temp gasket seal stuff on there.

1 hour ago, Cougar Bait said:

Shortly after posting, I found the pictures and got it all installed. I noticed the mid pipe won't fit on the gasket off of the cat... Is it supposed to just be clamped down to the header pipe as is? Because that's exactly what I did, lol. Haven't checked for leaks yet, and not too sure exactly how to do that, but oh well. Might take it off and put some high-temp gasket seal stuff on there.

Yes.  That's how it's fitted.  I found I needed to retignten after a few thousand miles.  You'll know if it leaks, it'll dribble black sooty moisture.  SOme have put high temp exhaust sealant on to fit it a little more snug.

J

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if you ordered the long mid pipe and the long muffler together, can you just cut the mid pipe to the length you’d like? I inquired to the Australian company that made the very nice pipe with the Black Widow muffler, asking for just the mid pipe. They said they’d be happy to sell me the mid pipe for $450 Australian ($326 American) plus shipping., and that made me swallow hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone fitted a spark arrestor to the Huzar exhaust? I'm lookin at installing the dominator catless headers and a 2WDW ecu reflash in the spring, but I'm currently relying on the cats to act as a spark arrestor.

• 4 months later...
On 7/30/2021 at 1:19 PM, CimarronEric said:

Black

huzar.jpg

CimarronEric......

What tail tidy is that?  Tusk?  I'm looking at a high exhaust kit, but also want to do a tail tidy.  Your setup looks like the LED indicators have no clearance/ melting issues.  Am I right?  

Thanks in advance from another Coloradoan that is patiently waiting for my 2022 to arrive!

Steven

2 minutes ago, BrooksSMC said:

CimarronEric......

What tail tidy is that?  Tusk?  I'm looking at a high exhaust kit, but also want to do a tail tidy.  Your setup looks like the LED indicators have no clearance/ melting issues.  Am I right?  

Thanks in advance from another Coloradoan that is patiently waiting for my 2022 to arrive!

Steven

It is the Tusk, correct.

39 minutes ago, BrooksSMC said:

CimarronEric......

Steven

When trial fitting my Huzar 400mm can with the Tusk tail tidy, it appeared my LED signals from 12 O'clock Labs would contact the muffler outlet. I fitted a 20mm longer muffler bracket than what Huzar supplied, and slightly bent the tail tidy signal mount points outward/upward. Final result was about 1" clearance between the signal and the outlet.

20220101_090725.thumb.jpg.dae6738d872b837eec739f357b5ab38a.jpg20220101_110147.thumb.jpg.d06bdf2513c73e5554829f2611038906.jpg20220101_110134.thumb.jpg.6f3f0daf832731683e57304f2a2593a9.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, CimarronEric said:

It is the Tusk, correct.

Ok....Thanks!!  I'm just trying to be sure I'm ordering all the right stuff....so I apologize in advance!  You ordered the 50cm pipe from Huzar with the corresponding mid pipe (not the short one) and the Tusk Tail tidy?  You had posted something about the Yoshimura turn signal bracket kit....did you need that too?

Thanks again!  

Steven

Doesnt look very rigid mounting and in some pictures(original mounting) looks like can is almost touching the brakelight plastics and will hit it. Havent read about any problem, so it hits and does no harm or doesnt touch bike at all?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 6:24 PM, SKunn said:

Doesnt look very rigid mounting and in some pictures(original mounting) looks like can is almost touching the brakelight plastics and will hit it. Havent read about any problem, so it hits and does no harm or doesnt touch bike at all?

I've not had any issues at all with mine and no damage whatsoever to the plastic near the tail light. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried Huzar with the Kriega OS Base and a 12/18L bag on the side?  

Am having to go the "heat shield+spacers" route with my DRZ/MRD exhaust and still melting a few expensive bags.

s-l400.jpg

R&G Racing Side Luggage Racks for the T700 - aset of powder coated, lightweight rear luggage racks designed to keep your soft luggage from folding under the back wheel on your Yamaha Tenere 700. Left Luggage Rack.
image_1024?unique=8efc294

A powder coated tough flat-plate rear rack incorporating pillion/strapping handles, 4 holes to mount a RotoPax water/fuel tank mount and edge strapping points.

I'll be fitting one of these to avoid that issue. I'm probably going for the enduristan saddle bags.

8 hours ago, T7MapleLeaf said:

Has anyone tried Huzar with the Kriega OS Base and a 12/18L bag on the side?  

Am having to go the "heat shield+spacers" route with my DRZ/MRD exhaust and still melting a few expensive bags.