Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Mod #1 Huzar exhaust

Guys

5 hours ago, Ede-DE said:

Tnr_Heat_Shield.jpg.da8357b71d3f7a39e3afb830741d64ca.jpg

Exactly. Convenient Yamaha included it on the bike! It and two hose clamps work great 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Huzar claims that the reported small leak at the connection of the header to the mid pipe is by design:

I sent this to Huzar:
On the forums there are some reports of your exhaust having a small leak at the connection of the header to the mid pipe due the lack of a gasket. Do you include a gasket with the kit now?

They replied with this:
No, this is a normal phenomenon with a flexible connection, a small outflow of water vapor and soot. 
It does not cause anything, and thanks to the flexible connection of the two elements, there are no stresses in the exhaust system that could result in the breakage of an element during thermal shock. For example, when you enter a river with a very hot exhaust system.

Edited by RobS

23 hours ago, RobS said:

Huzar claims that the reported small leak at the connection of the header to the mid pipe is by design:

I sent this to Huzar:
On the forums there are some reports of your exhaust having a small leak and the connection of the header to the mid pipe due the lack of a gasket. Do you include a gasket with the kit now?

They replied with this:
No, this is a normal phenomenon with a flexible connection, a small outflow of water vapor and soot. 
It does not cause anything, and thanks to the flexible connection of the two elements, there are no stresses in the exhaust system that could result in the breakage of an element during thermal shock. For example, when you enter a river with a very hot exhaust system.

Yeah I had a tiny leak but never did anything about it. It doesn’t leak all the time tbh and I dont feel any loss of power compared to the stock exhaust. Black exhaust pipe is still on the to do list. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Guys said:

Yeah I had a tiny leak but never did anything about it. It doesn’t leak all the time tbh and I dont feel any loss of power compared to the stock exhaust. Black exhaust pipe is still on the to do list. 

Same here. Still think the Huzar is one of the best dollar for dollar mods I did on the T7…the hardest part was getting over the pain of cutting the plastic, but that’s much better then cutting the frame hanger IMO. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, adv_bobby_b said:

Same here. Still think the Huzar is one of the best dollar for dollar mods I did on the T7…the hardest part was getting over the pain of cutting the plastic, but that’s much better then cutting the frame hanger IMO. 

I run the AltRider rear rack, and am able to mount the exhaust to it instead of having to cut the plastic so 👍🏼

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2024 at 6:21 PM, RobS said:

I run the AltRider rear rack, and am able to mount the exhaust to it instead of having to cut the plastic so 👍🏼

I did the same.

20240214_205127.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Are you guys using the Huzar 40 cm or 50 cm version. I've heard there's both. I have an opportunity to buy a 50cm one but concerned about the fit and look. I also have a tail tidy on my bike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danno said:

Are you guys using the Huzar 40 cm or 50 cm version. I've heard there's both. I have an opportunity to buy a 50cm one but concerned about the fit and look. I also have a tail tidy on my bike

I went with the 40cm Huzar. Looked much better on the bike to me, as I thought 50cm looked too long with no benefit. I wanted to keep my bike as quiet/close to stock dB as possible, and with both dB killers installed Huzar advertised the 40cm was 1 dB quieter IIRC.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danno said:

I went for the black 50cm. No real reason why plus I’m happy with a loud exhaust 🤣

On 2/21/2024 at 6:34 PM, Fagro said:

I did the same.

20240214_205127.jpg

Nice idea, I never thought of that. 👌