Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Rapid Bike Evo exclusive for the T7

Anton P

Hi Everyone

I bought the Rapid Bike Evo fuel management system exclusive for the T7 and planning to install it this weekend.

I would like to invite everyone who has fitted one before to share their experiences and end results.

Thanks

I installed the rapid bike last year, took a little bit of thinking to get the wiring harness where I wanted it, best to strip off all bodywork and gas tank. Happy with its performance, snatchy throttle gone, smooth power everywhere

• 7 months later...

Hi Anton. Fitted the RB Evo Exclusiv to my T7 2022 yesterday. Went with soldering the TPS wire in place as didn't like the splice in the kit. Waterproof boot over plug still snugs up good now. Shortened the ground lead. No engine warning light afterwards, (battery disconnected for surgery). Test rode 30 miles today before weather closed in. Yuk! Reason for fitting: snatchy take off from zero throttle, (tried cable play - nope), a bit lumpy through the rev range after fitting Camel ADV high enduro pipe and Scorpion muffler, (factory tuning). No air filter mod. I looked at all the re-map stuff then discovered this little beauty so gave it a try. Very weird riding a bike that is learning stuff as I go! Also has the benefit of removing the unit if needed and no harm done. Initial results: Snatchy throttle diminishing, (need to complete 200km learning period), Noticed smoother power delivery through rev range. Conclusion: It is working! The ride quality was more pleasant. I just felt more "in tune" with the bike after only 30 miles. More tomorrow. Very interesting piece of kit. It feels like installing the personality module into the machine! Geeking out to the max. Oh dear.

• Like 1

I have 5 of these Rapid Bike units.  Yamaha R3, Yamaha XSR900, Yamaha Tracer 900GT, my MotoAmerica FZ-07 racebike, and have one for the Tenere 700 also.

It's a wonderful bit of kit.  Completely smoothes  out throttle response.  Can feel more power as well.    Ask my how I know 😉

- Paul

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pgeldz said:

I have 5 of these Rapid Bike units.  Yamaha R3, Yamaha XSR900, Yamaha Tracer 900GT, my MotoAmerica FZ-07 racebike, and have one for the Tenere 700 also.

It's a wonderful bit of kit.  Completely smoothes  out throttle response.  Can feel more power as well.    Ask my how I know 😉

- Paul

I'll bite... how do you know? 🙂

• Haha 1

I'm having a proper fight with myself in regards to tuning up my Tenere... After installing PCIII together with DNA filter, airbox mod and akra to my 701 difference was so marginal i swear to myself i will never waste my money on tuning bikes 🙂  All these power mods for T7 effectivelly giving marginal power gains, but they smoothing out the ride. Trouble is - i'm coming from KTM'a so to me T7 is super smooth anyway 🤔

...but i'm tempted to waste my money again 😄 In hope to improve power on high rev range, as this is where T7 is lacking in my subjective opinion, she just runs out of breath after 7k rpm.

Did some reading: (For Bartek): The RB Evo extends upper rev limit by 1200 rpm.

Also it may be that the jerky throttle is when the ECU switches from closed loop to open loop control. In closed loop the O2 sensor is used to control mixture for low emissions, (i.e. idle revs or low constant revs). As the throttle is opened the ECU swaps to open loop, (just squirt some fuel in there), and the transition causes the jerk. The RB Evo unit controls and smooths out this transition I think.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does anybody has a English installation manual vor the rapid Bike Evo?
I bought mine from Italy and these guys don't seem to understand that when you ship internationally that including only a Italian installation guide may not be very useful.
I probably will figure it out based on the pictures but it might be easier with understandable writing.

I fitted mine last Saturday together with the charcoal cannister delete an fresh sparkplugs.
It's a very strange experience because the extra power (have a K&N air filter and a MIVV Dakar exhaust) is noticeable but it's so smooth you almost doubt it and think it is just because you want it to.
Yesterday i rode about 100km and i never noticed any learning moments, maybe a improved base map?
Today i rode the highway to work and felt like he's calmer on higher speeds and on the way home i took the familiar (off)road home and one thing discovered is that you can control a slide so much better, like the throttle winds down and up not as fast and you can finetune it on the fly.
The Touratech suspension safed my ass once more so i think i'm pretty close to have the perfect bike.

• 3 weeks later...

+1 For the Rapid Bike Evo. Fitted this a couple of days ago, which wasn't a struggle - the biggest faff was removing/ replacing panels and tank. 

About 120 miles later I am noticing a subtle but nevertheless apparent  increase in power (it was never going to turn a T7 into an R1, was it?), And therefore friskier acceleration - in particular better pick up at lower revs, and a much smoother transition between closed and open loops (that sticky bit at around 3-3.5k rpm). I run a Scorpion exhaust and headers, and have now added a pipercross filter and no snorkel and it all works brilliantly - as we say in Yorkshire, I'm proper chuffed....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking of getting a RBE as they now do a euro 5 version. My main reason for getting it is simply to get rid or drastically improve the on/off throttle at slow speed (like riding into and around a mini roundabout etc) and smoothing out the engine (vibe) that are related to the fuelling. 

Can anyone who has the RBE on a euro 5 T7 confirm it does make a difference and how they are getting on with it after the unit has gone through the learning stage (the electronics adapting) and have done some decent mileage with it fitted. Are you happy with it etc? Any info would be much appreciated please. 

• 8 months later...
On 8/19/2022 at 12:07 PM, Wharfe said:

+1 For the Rapid Bike Evo. Fitted this a couple of days ago, which wasn't a struggle - the biggest faff was removing/ replacing panels and tank. 

About 120 miles later I am noticing a subtle but nevertheless apparent  increase in power (it was never going to turn a T7 into an R1, was it?), And therefore friskier acceleration - in particular better pick up at lower revs, and a much smoother transition between closed and open loops (that sticky bit at around 3-3.5k rpm). I run a Scorpion exhaust and headers, and have now added a pipercross filter and no snorkel and it all works brilliantly - as we say in Yorkshire, I'm proper chuffed....

I have just ordered 1 for my T7. is it OK if I pick your brains if I get stuck at any point?

Yes, happy to help if necessary though for what it's worth I have just sold the tenere (!) having stripped out the Evo loom, so I have only my memory to refer to... It came out as easily as it went in, and will shortly be appearing in the parts for sale section of this forum along with a load of other stuff.

Edited by Wharfe
Typo!

is it a self learning module, no messing about like with a power commander? I wish I would of known you were selling your stuff as I have just ordered full exhaust ,rapid bike evo and pipercross air filter

• 2 months later...

Anyone tried fitting euro 4 RB Evo kit on a euro 5 T7? Was dumb enough to click on the wrong item. Is it a software or hardware difference between the 2 Evo models? 

So will this unit cope with a retune for an hi end can, new headers, and air filter mods? 

1 hour ago, sunndog said:

So will this unit cope with a retune for an hi end can, new headers, and air filter mods? 

I believe it’s fine for “learning” simple stage 1 mods, you’d probably only need the adjustable version if you were a race tuner. Not got mine yet but it’s a definite. 

12 minutes ago, Dougie said:

I believe it’s fine for “learning” simple stage 1 mods, you’d probably only need the adjustable version if you were a race tuner. Not got mine yet but it’s a definite. 

Thanks buddy 

I've found bartaks post on power mods 

He Seems to be getting on well with it and saying it's reminding him of his 990 is selling it for me lol

• Like 1