Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Right Side of T7 Burns The Calf

Rickywt

3 hours ago, whisperquiet said:

I removed the plastic cover that was placed over the clutch actuator to allow for more calf room + I have SW Motech ION foot pegs mounted which are bigger/longer than the stock Yamaha pegs.

Doesnt that make the  clutch lever in an uncomfortable higher position?

7 hours ago, Redneckj said:

Fits the Following Models: 1999-2021 Yamaha YZ851999-2022 Yamaha YZ1251999-2022 Yamaha YZ2502016-2022 Yamaha YZ250X2001-2014...

I have these pegs and they are outstanding.   When you order direct from IMS, tell them you would like a set of heavy duty springs too.  They will throw them in at no charge.   

Thats def some pricey foot pegs. but the quality looks great.

5 minutes ago, Rickywt said:

Doesnt that make the  clutch lever in an uncomfortable higher position?

It doesn’t change the clutch lever position on the handlebars……it gets rid of the protective cover on the engine case.

29 minutes ago, Rickywt said:

i feel tall boots will def solve it. But wearing each time tall boots to go for errands is a hassle

Forma Adventure motorcycle boots, adv touring motorbike footwear, quality riding gear, black, riding protection and comfort, safety leather waterproof, support warranty help in Australia.

find these locally and problem solved, can walk all day in mine.

• Like 1

YouTube - RIDER GUIDER - check out my T7 playlist and say hello 😀 

41 minutes ago, RIDER GUIDER said:

Forma Adventure motorcycle boots, adv touring motorbike footwear, quality riding gear, black, riding protection and comfort, safety leather waterproof, support warranty help in Australia.

find these locally and problem solved, can walk all day in mine.

I like this! Buying a boot kills two bird with one stone. Boots needed and fixes the burning problem as well 🙂

4 hours ago, DuncMan said:

I had this problem and there is a simple fix. If you're experiencing heat on the right calf, as I was, this cover is the problem:

HEAT-1.jpg.3fc886bacf744875609823e4dd689d10.jpg

I have Bosley Rally pegs and they didn't help alleviate it. However, on the walls of my workshop I have this insulation material:

HEAT-2.jpg.e42c58eaa63ff96f76255ca9ee9bebb0.jpg

I cut out a small piece, glued it behind that cover and the problem is no more. It seems to take the heat and not pass it on to the cover. Have had it in place a few months now and it's worked flawlessly. The cover now gets warm but not hot and my leg is very grateful. 

Ser can you send me the material hahaha. What is that? so that I can get some and do the same.

• Like 1