Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

2024 RedBull Romaniacs on T7s

Camel ADV

• Supporting Vendor
On 10/19/2023 at 4:07 PM, random1781 said:

@Camel ADV what are the logistics of getting the bikes over there?

Air Canada and West Jet fly bikes from Canada to Europe in the summer. We used Air Canada in 2009 for our around-the-world trip; it was pretty painless then—$ 1200-$2000 (each way), depending on the destination. 

There are likely other people from North America who are shipping bikes for the event... perhaps there's a sea can that we can get space in for cheaper than flying the bikes. There's lots of research to do and logistics to sort out.

• Like 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• Supporting Vendor
On 10/14/2023 at 3:02 PM, CoreCass said:

will there be live feed from the organiser or is it all after the fact ? [not that id mind]

Red Bull has their live feed, but that would be of the Gold class Pros, not the weekend warrior classes. We'll have helmet cams and that likely be all we get for video.

• Like 2

That video is a testament to the durability of the T7.

@Camel ADV I didn't think it was much more difficult than your 5MOH video. You'll fit right in with that crowd! 

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
31 minutes ago, Hollybrook said:

That video is a testament to the durability of the T7.

@Camel ADV I didn't think it was much more difficult than your 5MOH video. You'll fit right in with that crowd! 

Iron class will definitely not be tougher than anything on 5MOH but it's four back-to-back 80-120km days. The endurance part is as hard or harder than the difficulty of any of the obstacles. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Just now, AZJW said:

A very good advice. In regards of endurance nutrition, we can usually learn a lot from cyclists.

In his bestselling book, “Der Totale Rausch” (The Total Rush)—recently published in English as “Blitzed”—Ohler found that many in the Nazi regime used drugs regularly, from the soldiers of the Wehrmacht (German armed forces) all the way up to Hitler himself. The use of methamphetamine, better known as crystal meth, was particularly prevalent: A pill form of the drug, Pervitin, was distributed by the millions to Wehrmacht troops before the successful invasion of France in 1940.

Developed by the Temmler pharmaceutical company, based in Berlin, Pervitin was introduced in 1938 and marketed as a magic pill for alertness and an anti-depressive, among other uses. It was briefly even available over the counter. A military doctor, Otto Ranke, experimented with Pervitin on 90 college students and decided, based on his results, that the drug would help Germany win the war. Using Pervitin, the soldiers of the Wehrmacht could stay awake for days at a time and march many more miles without resting.

A so-called “stimulant decree” issued in April 1940 sent more than 35 million tablets of Pervitin and Isophan (a slightly modified version produced by the Knoll pharmaceutical company) of the pills to the front lines, where they fueled the Nazis’ “Blitzkrieg” invasion of France through the Ardennes mountains. It should be noted that Germans were not alone in their use of performance-enhancing drugs during World War II. Allied soldiers were known to use amphetamines (speed) in the form of Benzedrine in order to battle combat fatigue.

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

4 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

In his bestselling book, “Der Totale Rausch” (The Total Rush)—recently published in English as “Blitzed”—Ohler found that many in the Nazi regime used drugs regularly, from the soldiers of the Wehrmacht (German armed forces) all the way up to Hitler himself. The use of methamphetamine, better known as crystal meth, was particularly prevalent: A pill form of the drug, Pervitin, was distributed by the millions to Wehrmacht troops before the successful invasion of France in 1940.

Developed by the Temmler pharmaceutical company, based in Berlin, Pervitin was introduced in 1938 and marketed as a magic pill for alertness and an anti-depressive, among other uses. It was briefly even available over the counter. A military doctor, Otto Ranke, experimented with Pervitin on 90 college students and decided, based on his results, that the drug would help Germany win the war. Using Pervitin, the soldiers of the Wehrmacht could stay awake for days at a time and march many more miles without resting.

A so-called “stimulant decree” issued in April 1940 sent more than 35 million tablets of Pervitin and Isophan (a slightly modified version produced by the Knoll pharmaceutical company) of the pills to the front lines, where they fueled the Nazis’ “Blitzkrieg” invasion of France through the Ardennes mountains. It should be noted that Germans were not alone in their use of performance-enhancing drugs during World War II. Allied soldiers were known to use amphetamines (speed) in the form of Benzedrine in order to battle combat fatigue.

It was called "Panzerschokolade" - tank chocolate.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Iron class will definitely not be tougher than anything on 5MOH but it's four back-to-back 80-120km days. The endurance part is as hard or harder than the difficulty of any of the obstacles. 

Couple of my mates have done iron class twice. As you say, big issue is long days in the saddle, 8+ hrs and risk of being time barred. Other issue that you don’t face on trails is other riders blocking the line, hard enough on a 100kg enduro to navigate round, chances are you’ll only have the option of one line on the T7. Oh, and the other factor…..Martin is a bit of a sadist and hates when there’s too many class finishers, he just makes it harder 🙈😁.

A finish would be amazing but either way it’ll probably be one of the best things you guys will do on the T7. Big respect for entering on a T7👍👍👍

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor
2 hours ago, Hibobb said:

Crazy... not interested in becoming a meth addict to do well in a race 😉

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Crazy... not interested in becoming a meth addict to do well in a race 😉

There's always some sort of a sacrifice to make 😆 I know you're a winner !

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor

I'll be doing videos on YT about the project. The first one is up... nothing special, just an intro:

• Like 4

Are you going to dump your T7 afterwards and ship home a World Raid model? How about 5-10 of them? 
I would love to know if the Raid Tanks fit the Ralley model. Work your core strength and step turns. No more junk food and beer. 

5 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

I'll be doing videos on YT about the project

Cool.... This will be interesting to follow!

Premium Vector | Fat and slim man before and after weight loss muscular and  fat man sad fat and happy healthy

Just teasing.... I have huge respect for what you are doing and I truly wish you the best.

Your adventures are what people dream of!!

Bob

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• Supporting Vendor
4 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

Cool.... This will be interesting to follow!

Premium Vector | Fat and slim man before and after weight loss muscular and  fat man sad fat and happy healthy

Just teasing.... I have huge respect for what you are doing and I truly wish you the best.

Your adventures are what people dream of!!

Bob

Not too far off actually!

Is this you Corey?  I was going through some photos recently and came across this one. It was the start of my off-road riding; I'll be able to say I met you when...

DSC04552.jpg

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
4 hours ago, Hollybrook said:

I was wondering why Pol Tarres never posted video from the actual race. 

I was scouring the internet looking for race footage and found some but very little. I didn't realize there was a ban on it. Seems like it's because Red Bull wants exclusive rights to all footage. A few competitors have posted some video... not sure how they are doing it. I've emailed some of them to inquire. 

• Supporting Vendor
2 hours ago, Bruincounselor said:

Is this you Corey?  I was going through some photos recently and came across this one. It was the start of my off-road riding; I'll be able to say I met you when...

DSC04552.jpg

That's a blast from the past! Jimmy Lewis training in Parhump, Nevada, Dec 2018(?). 

• Like 1

• Camel ADV changed the title to 2024 RedBull Romaniacs on T7s

unfortunality air canada dont have this cheap motorcycle transport offer anymore 😔

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, Schegge said:

unfortunality air canada dont have this cheap motorcycle transport offer anymore 😔

It's offered only in the summer months. I'm sure it will be back in 2024.

• Like 1