Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

CLOSED: MWR Air Filter, Air Box Cover, and Gilles Titanium Axle Nut GROUP BUY!!!

BellissiMoto

• Supporting Vendor

UPDATE #13

MWR is here!  We're in the process of shipping now!  You should receive tracking numbers in the next 24-36 hours (check your spam folders if you don't see it)

109938699_2491519004472193_2136886076904354353_n.thumb.jpg.b27de8e0b39d3e1bdf03d2e6417a2564.jpg

116224614_596941984353326_6867232511464021114_n.thumb.jpg.94d0301f7f20a3345e0a933b024de932.jpg

====================================================================================

UPDATE #12 (Jul 28)

MWR tracking info has been updated and shows them now arriving Wednesday!

======================================================================================

UPDATE #11 (Jul 22)

MWR Shipped!  Due to arrive to us on Monday!  Whoo hoo!!!

🙂

- Paul

========================================================================================

UPDATE #10 (Jul 15th)

Just got word that the MWR Filters are shipping to us Monday or Tuesday of next week!!!  Not too much longer now!

================================================================================

UPDATE #9 (Jul 13th)

Remember when I said the rest of the Gilles axle adjusters would ship to us on July 24th?

Well, not true...THEY'RE HERE!  Just showed up!!!

107550565_330163031341081_1081775531571286832_n.thumb.jpg.38907704ba0e6ab571180e472dacfa54.jpg

107732059_1001931443585928_7996677231503833407_n.thumb.jpg.51bd289c503f6478ea5e480c18ca7c18.jpg

I'm a man of my word,  and the one I ordered for me personally will be used to fill customer orders.

We're just waiting now on the MWR filters and filtercovers, which are in the next shipment coming to us.  As soon as I have tracking I'll update this thread 🙂

Thanks again for everyone's patience.

- Paul

========================================================================================

UPDATE #8 (Jul 6th)

I have news on Gilles and MWR...

Gilles sent us all the Gold Chain Adjusters to fill customer's orders.  They informed me that the Black adjusters will be ready to ship (to us) on the 24th of July.  My guess is that with COVID-19 hitting Europe hard, they are consolidating their anodizing into one very big batch of Black, because we received all Gold, and zero Black.

107102642_924190811391450_555865604333829330_n.thumb.jpg.81e19b87a64ace4d67bc3a6be499e701.jpg

For the people who ordered Gold Chain adjusters, we are are still waiting on your air filter and air box cover to arrive from MWR. 

MWR - the frames arrived and they are getting our order ready to ship.  As soon as I have tracking, I'll pass it on.

If anyone who ordered a Gold chain adjuster doesn't want to wait for the MWR items to arrive, we could ship the chain adjusters out now for $7.  PM me if you'd like this option.

Thanks for everyone's patience and understanding in these strange times.

=========================================================================================

UPDATE #7 (June 19th)

I was waiting on tracking numbers from Europe before I posted another update to the original thread, but because I've had people PMing me asking, I figured I'd post the status of things as they sit now:

Gilles:  We have received about 70% of our Gilles order, but still waiting on the rest to come. 

MWR:  It is supposed to be shipping next week to us.

Rapid Bike (for those who also ordered these):  Expected to be here in the US by Jul 1st. 

I understand everyone's frustration.  COVID-19 has really hit Europe hard.  Most of these manufacturers are operating at 50% capacity, and the workers in place have to main a 1.5 meter distance from each other.

I think the lead times are highlighted more with certain group buys, because the structure of a group buy, and the reason I'm able to do these incredible prices means I have to have a minimum amount of people to make it cost effective to offer in the first place - which sometimes means longer lead times because we have to wait until the minimum amount of people commit, and then when I do place the order, its usually in giant quantities that take the manufacturers longer to produce.

This, combined with the global COVID-19  situation has made it frustrating for many.  I understand all to well.  I personally have some parts on order for myself but when they arrive I'm actually going to use them to fulfill customer orders since I can't ride my Tenere until Oct due to a recent surgery.

At these incredible prices, there isn't enough margin to ship items as they arrive, so we wait until everything is here for a customer, and ship all at once.

I really appreciate everyone's patience with all of this, and hope the wait times don't tarnish your experience or actual service you are getting from BellissiMoto, as we are also waiting for all these products as well.

As soon as I have more info I'll pass it on.   With all I wrote above, it looks like we should be able to start fulfilling everyone's order in about two weeks 🙂

Please hang in there everyone, it'll be worth the wait!

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

=======================================================================================

UPDATE #6

As promised, I have some info.

As far as Gillies parts go, they will have the AXB-RN29 Axle Adjusters back in stock on the 12th, then they will start shipping.  The ACM Ti Axle Nuts are all part of the last shipment which is currently on its way to us.

MWR - The main reason fort the delay are the frames for the airfilters.  They had stock which was gone in a few days when everyone found out the Tenere 700 was the same fitment as the FZ-07, and then I came along and ordered 50 pieces.  They had to order new frames and that will take a bit before they get them, and now, specially now with this crisis , all factories work at 50% because they need to have their employees more then 1,5 meters otherwise their factory could be shut down.

The first batch of frames is just about ready, and should take care of everyone who ordered.  MWR asked me to "please be patience in this exceptional times ,,,,, nothing is normal at this moment."

==========================================================================================

UPDATE #5

Quick heads up on status...

I know many of you have asked me when your items will arrive.  Just wanted to let everyone know I've e-mailed all the companies involved in our Group Buy for status updates, and I'll let everyone know the outcome as soon as I find out.

We've placed ginormous order with these companies, much bigger than normal.  It's taking a bit for them to fill, and with COVID-19 it isn't helping.

I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I have info 🙂

Thanks for your patience.

- Paul

=======================================================================================

UPDATE #4

The Group Buy has ended.  Parts have been ordered from their respective manufacturers, and will be shipped out to customers respectively upon arrival.  Thank you everyone!

======================================================================================

UPDATE #3

Due to popular demand, I'm letting this Group Buy run until the weekend is out before I start invoicing everyone.

=====================================================================================

UPDATE #2

Minimum number of participants met!!! I'll be sending invoices starting tomorrow, but more can join in if they want, until the group buy is over. 

=====================================================================================

UPDATE!!!

Since everyone committed to the Gilles Ti Axle Nut, many people have contacted me about getting the Gilles chain adjuster to go along with it.

I am EXTENDING THE OPTION TO ADD IT TO THIS GROUP BUY!!!

Beautifully machined, the unique and innovative AXB Chain Adjuster by Gilles Tooling allows for high precision chain adjustments via graded scale to dial in the perfect amount of chain tension, as well as account for any production tolerance inconsistencies of your motorcycle.  In addition, the AXB chain adjuster stays in the swing arm, making real wheel installation much easier.  

• Precise positioning by graded scale
  • Special bolt enables axle adjustment in both directions
  • Acts as an axle brace against compressive and tensile loads
  • AXB stays in the swing arm during rear wheel installation
  • Works with OEM or Gilles Ti axle nut
  • Unique, innovative axle block
  • Easier rear wheel installation
  • Available in 3 hard anodized colors (Black, Gold, or Red)
  • Unique Gilles design

AXB_Black_Set_12f1d40f-96f7-4152-a80c-17a199156eb7-600x600.jpg.cabed09c1d1f297fda7d30ff09ac0448.jpg

AXB_Mounted_rot_be_0500cb81-fb09-4571-976f-7b2fedef0f35-800x800.jpg.7438aec442c99206d870934551fa16ff.jpg

Gilles AXB Chain Adjuster - Retail is $102.00, GROUP BUY Price - $86.00 (Please specify Black, Gold, or Red)

Note:  Pics are generic and may not reflect the actual item, although it will be similar.

Shipping for this item is FREE with purchase of any MWR item or Gilles Ti Nut advertised in this Group Buy.  Otherwise, for US customers it's $12, for International customers, it's $35 flat rate. 

=========================================================================================

Hello everyone!!!

I'm excited to bring you BellissiMoto's first GROUP BUY!

I knew I had to make this first Group Buy special, so not only is it going to be on MWR's Air Filter, but MWR's Air Box Cover or any combo of the two!!!

Before we get to the incredible pricing, lets break down on what's on offer:

MWR Air Filter and MWR Air Box Cover:

The MWR Air Filter and Air Box Cover is a great addition to your Tenere 700.  MWR filters are used in World Motorsport, and have won with the Factory Kawasaki's in World Superbike last 5 years in a row.  They are also used in the wining Factory Yamaha and Suzuki MotoAmerica Superbike that won the last 3 years, as well as many other teams around the world.

The MWR filter has been testing against the best paper filters in the world, and beat them hands down.

But what about the new foam filter by Yamaha?

From the looks of it, the opening is smaller, and it looks to be just foam, where MWR's filter has more surface area for more filtration, and is coated with anti-flammable material for the utmost in safety.

Well, what about DNA's combo?  It might be a paper filter, but they have a Filter Cover to go with it.

Sure they do, I've had BOTH on my FZ-07.  The MWR filter alone with the DNA cover, made .6 hp more than the DNA combo with the existing DNA tune I had.  When tuned specifically for the MWR filter (since it breaths much better), it made 1.1 hp more.  That wasn't even with the MWR Air Box Cover, as it wasn't released until after I did my dyno testing.

So that's 1.1 hp MORE than the leading paper filter, which is supposed to give 1-2 hp over stock to begin with.  Depending on the components you have (slip-on, full system, engine management, hi octane gas, tune, etc.), I'd expect you to gain anywhere from 1.5-3.0 hp from MWR's Filter and Air Box Cover.

So not only did the MWR filter outperform the best paper filter on the market, it's also anti-flammable, and has a matching Air Box cover to go along with it, which has a leg up on the competition.

MWR's Air Box Cover design is genius, and incorporates 3 key features over the competition:

1)  The opening of the Filtercover is not only radioused to allow smooth airflow into the airbox, it also matches the square opening of the MWR Air Filter, MAXIMIZING airflow entry as well.

2)  This new design is half the thickness of the competition, so instead of having a thick piece of material and having to mill two of the corners down, MWR's Filtercover does the exact opposite and is half the thickness, but builds up the two corners where needed.  This saves weight, and also allows the air going into the opening to reach the filter sooner, rather than the double thickness of the competition which restricts incoming air from reaching the filter material.

3) Price.  MWR's Air Box Cover is less expensive than the competition, even at full retail.

Before we get to the special pricing, here are some pictures of the MWR Air Filter and Air Box Cover:

1622735779_MC-090-13MC-95-13-kopie.jpg.d4c2c2f8ecee2d52d1888f1f162c1879.jpg.c0a415c05bdc3b752a1a1510b1e005f6.jpg

1153960728_CoverMT0701-kopie-kopie.jpg.1721f14f631ad91fb0fffbcd815c012e.jpg.ba6a250de40ce84190d8729fb701467c.jpg

95251314_MC-090-13MT07007-kopie-kopie.jpg.0fa03d6f1cd1e1ea61b5982190982e47.jpg.831e09f69decd8ca1d6d22a167a96da9.jpg

384454310_MC-090-13MT07011-kopie-kopie.jpg.9bdd93ef3a4f8e2a6c06b2a8645dc307.jpg.b2ee04ed950b806cd4ce9e1a64948f53.jpg

72702343_AirboxMT0703kopie-kopie.jpg.a92de08e0d9c623f103f5276dd4122d2.jpg.3c94521c712186102ebb9d750b0782a4.jpg

Special pricing is as follows:

MWR Air Filter:  Retail is $87.00, GROUP BUY Price - $69.00

MWR Filtercover:  Retail is $68.00, GROUP BUY PRICE Price - $54.00

MWR Air Filter/Filtercover combo:  Retail is $155.00, GROUP BUY PRICE Price - $116.00

I need just 10 people to commit for this special pricing.  Shipping is FREE for US customers, $35 flat rate for international customers.

You know we aren't gonna stop there!  This is BellissiMoto!  And we're known for our group buys!

We are also offering the Gilles Titanium Axle Nut!!!

Many of folks on the Tenere 700 will be out adventuring, and off roading, and mostly likely carring tools to change your tires in case of a puncture, flat, etc.

As many Yamaha FZ-07 owners already know (it takes the same OEM rear axle nut), the stock rear axle nut has been prone to causing problems...the two large metal flanges that act as the locking mechanism sometimes jam up on the threads of the axle and almost weld themselves to it.  When trying to loosen it for tire changes, chain adjustments, etc., either the threads strip, or the axle block that holds the axle in place breaks.

The issue is with those large metal flanges on the stock nut. The solution is to use a different nut - The Gilles ACM Titanium Axle Nut.

One of the lightest axle nuts on the market, the ACM Titanium Axle Nut by Gilles is one of the safest too. The patent pending pin-lock safety technology secures the ACM Titanium Axle Nut in place, making it bomb-proof while allowing it to be loosened faster than a split pin secured nut. It weighs just 20 grams, which is less than 3/4ths of an ounce.

It's design is inspired and derived by factory racing teams, and has been used by professional racers such as Cal Crutchlow to become a World SuperSport Champion. 

A product of award-winning precision engineering makes the ACM Titanium Axle Nut TUV and ISO certified, and will no doubt give your bike that ultra-premium look. 

M18x1.5

Material: Titanium ti6alv4

Ultra lightweight at 20 grams (less than 3/4ths of an ounce)

Innovative pin-interlock security w/ high locking characteristics

Perfectly compliments chain adjuster kits by Gilles Tooling

Plastic-pin accomodates thread form and locks with friction

Simple security through interlock system

Easy assembly with a Included hex tool

DzDYQrVl.jpg
S9FWG6Ul.jpg

You can see the locking mechanism here...a plastic threaded insert comes out and locks against the threads when you tighten the set screw on the face of the nut.  Pretty ingenious.  I've had mine on and off over 50 times now without issue.  

Because the shipping cost is getting absorbed into a much bigger order, I'm able to pass the savings on to everyone and offer it at a fantastic price.

Retail is $80.00, GROUP BUY PRICE Price - $60.00

Shipping for this item is FREE with purchase of any MWR item above.  Otherwise, for US customers it's $10, for International customers, it's $35 flat rate.

I'll start the list, and populate it with user's screen name as appropriate:

1.  @tenerecanada - MWR combo, Ti Nut, and chain adjuster (Red) - PAID

2.  @Jack - MWR combo and Ti Nut -PAID

3.  @MGG - MWR combo and Ti Nut, (plus other items not in Group Buy to save on shipping) - PAID

4.  @Cruizin - MWR Filter,  Ti Nut, and chain adjuster (Gold) - PAID

5.  @pgeldz - MWR combo and Ti Nut -PAID

6.  @Subsea - MWR combo, Ti Nut, and chain adjuster (Red) - PAID

7.  @MBWLTD - MWR combo and Ti Nut - Invoice Sent

8.  @SantacruzT100 - MWR combo and Ti Nut - PAID

9.  @Craig - MWR combo - PAID

10.  @Moto_adventure - MWR combo, Ti Nut (x2) and chain adjuster (Black) - PAID

Minimum number of participants met!!! I'll be sending out invoices, but more can join in until the group buy is over. 

11.  @slakdawg - MWR combo, Ti Nut, and chain adjuster (Red) - PAID

12.  @SKYFLIX - Ti Nut, and chain adjuster (Gold) - PAID

13.  @RRM512 - Ti Nut, and chain adjuster (Red) - PAID

14.  @Ride & Shine - Ti Nut, and chain adjuster (Gold) - PAID

15.  @TimeMachine - MWR Filter and Ti Nut -PAID

16.  @dpippin - Ti Nut, and chain adjuster (Black) - PAID

17.  @Idarex - Ti Nut, and chain adjuster (Gold) - PAID

18.  @Limey - Ti Nut, and chain adjuster (Red) - PAID

19.  @johnnygolucky - Ti Nut, and chain adjuster (Red) - PAID

20.  @Yammybound88 - MWR combo, Ti Nut, and chain adjuster (Red) - PAID

21.  @Alkali  - MWR combo, Ti Nut, and chain adjuster (Red) - PAID

22.  @close range - MWR combo, Ti Nut, and chain adjuster (Black) - PAID

23.  @turnbyturn - MWR filter, Ti Nut, and chain adjuster (Black) - PAID

24.  @millesecond - MWR combo, Ti Nut, and chain adjuster (Red) - PAID

25.  @TeriyakiBlaster - MWR filter - PAID

107102642_924190811391450_555865604333829330_n.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

I will commit to that! Epic deal cheers pal 👌

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

• Supporting Vendor
6 minutes ago, tenerecanada said:

I will commit to that! Epic deal cheers pal 👌

I'll put you down.  You want just the filter, the cover, or both?

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, BellissiMoto said:

I'll put you down.  You want just the filter, the cover, or both?

Ha, whoops. So excited I forgot to clarify. Both boss!

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
7 minutes ago, tenerecanada said:

Ha, whoops. So excited I forgot to clarify. Both boss!

Done, and annotated!

🙂

• Supporting Vendor
2 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

@pgeldz Does the snorkel need to be removed to install either the filter or the cover? 

The MWR filter is a replacement for the stock filter, and can be used with the stock air box cover/snorkel. 

The MWR Air Box Cover is a complete replacement for the stock cover/snorkel.

Hope that clears it up!

🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor

I've extended the Group Buy to the Gilles Titanium Axle Nut!!!  See details above 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm in for the MWR Air Filter/Filtercover combo and that tasty Titanium Nut

Jack Lowry

• Like 3

Only need six more people to get this going!  They are not joking about the rear axel nut jamming up and the threads strip and or even worse, the axel block breaks! This has been very common on the MT07 forum, we have seen it happen multiple multiple times.  The Gilles rear nut comes off really fast, making tire changes and chain adjustments a breeze, and it locks down solid and easy.  Getting this for only $60 instead of $80 is a no brainer.  

Some of you are gonna read this, ignore it and then in a year or two wish like hell you had gotten it after you strip your axel threads. 

So, get in on this killer deal for at least the Gilles nut.  Don't say I didn't warn ya! 

• Like 1

I'm a strong maybe at this point. Will come back to read the details later tonight. Gotta go fix dinner now 🙂

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
23 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Only need six more people to get this going!  They are not joking about the rear axel nut jamming up and the threads strip and or even worse, the axel block breaks! This has been very common on the MT07 forum, we have seen it happen multiple multiple times.  The Gilles rear nut comes off really fast, making tire changes and chain adjustments a breeze, and it locks down solid and easy.  Getting this for only $60 instead of $80 is a no brainer.  

Some of you are gonna read this, ignore it and then in a year or two wish like hell you had gotten it after you strip your axel threads. 

So, get in on this killer deal for at least the Gilles nut.  Don't say I didn't warn ya! 

@Cruizin isn't telling stories...

Look here's proof:

https://fz07.org/thread/2583/paulies-fz-07-motogp-edition/?do=findComment&comment=91317

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor
1 minute ago, Cruizin said:

Took ten grinding wheels to cut the broken axel block off, right? 

Folks, dont let this be you. We are warning you! Get the Gilles rear axel nut and this wont happen to you!

dVSa72zl.jpg

Yes 😞

There are more pics in that thread showing the carnage.  It's not pretty folks.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

Threaten me with a shitty repair eh! Sold! Put me down for a nut as well and let’s get this bad boy to 10. 

• Like 2

So is there no snorkel used with the new cover? Is it just an open cover as picture shows?

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
38 minutes ago, DWEL700 said:

So is there no snorkel used with the new cover? Is it just an open cover as picture shows?

Yes.  However, it's covered by the seat, and since your sitting on the seat, it's well protected 🙂

• Supporting Vendor
31 minutes ago, MBWLTD said:

Put me down for the filter, cover and nut. 

Thx.. 

Done!