Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Do you still plan on getting a Tenere 700?

Cruizin

Are you getting a Tenere 700?  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting a Tenere 700

• Yes, when Yamaha decides to actually let me I will get one
    • No, they lost my business on this bike
    • Not sure yet, waiting for other's reviews
    • I just came to vote for beer and titties

• Cruizin pinned this topic

Yes I plan on it, I’m not pre-ordering one though, that’s like buying a bike unseen and hopefully get a demo ride first just to make 100% sure, it looks the part but it needs to feel it also. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Tenere 700 is definitely on my watch list for purchase. Of course I would like to know the issues that would surface from rough ownership and if they are easily resolved, hehe...

• Like 1

Riders here in the U.S. are normally happy to let the EU guys sort out new cycles but Yamaha, please release a 48 state production model now! (California and Hawaii can wait) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• Members

Possibly, but I'll have to see what else is out there in the future when it is actually available. 

• Like 1

the T7 lost its 1st "new bike" option ? so I am now 100000% committed to option number 2 which is another Yamaha bike ? ... T7= Lost City Of Atlantis type of mystical bike 

• Haha 1

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

• Premium Member

I’m waiting for it! I’ve technically been waiting since 2011 when I got rid of the KLR. Even with the 685 kit, still needed more balls.. The 1200 Super Tenere has kept me more than happy in the 76000 miles while I wait. I know it’s good for another couple years and several thousands of miles. 

The T-700 is the bike I’ve really wanted all along. 

• Like 5

Maybe.

I've made it a habit of not buying a motorcycle unless I've had a chance to test ride it. So I'll have to wait until my local dealers manage to grab a Tenere (which is actually who-knows-when since it's never been officially announced in Japan).

In the Poll I said I will definitely get one.  It ticks more of my boxes than any other bike, but not all.   Fortunately, for me price is not a concern.  I don't care that the KTM790 is a lot more expensive.   Technically it's a better bike on paper but in the real world the Yamaha makes more sense.  So yes, in due course I'll calm down from my consumer indignation and accept that we are all just plugged into the Matrix and accept my lot: you have to eat what they dish up to you.  Theres always an F850GS or Africa Twin....or a plain old Tracer....

Sigh....

It is far and away the motorcycle that excites me the most.  Providing that doesn't change prior to the motorcycle and the funding being available, it will be mine!

If you look at Yamaha's history of Teneres, the 750, 660, 1200,  this seems to be a logical evolution, and I would have thought a simple one - why this long drawn-out process still surprises me.  From the old 660 to this 700 is not such a huge change.  They look similar, mechanically.  There is nothing novel in the 700.  Is there????  it is fortunate to have a delightful engine, which just happened to be lying around...

Long ago Guys were putting TDM 850 and 900 engines into the 750 Tenere frame. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2018 at 3:13 AM, XTJD said:

Yes, waiting, but trying to decide what to get in the mean time, not many options 😞

DRZ400e, cheap and bullet proof and it will have its resale value when your done ready for the T7, the price doesn’t seem to change on them even with a big variance of K’s or the year and tell me you won’t have fun on it, I went looking at the bike shops last week myself to fill the void and nothing was value enough and close enough gap to fill from my DRZ to make it worth it.

• Like 1

I have a feeling Yamaha will reward the early adopters with an early delivery. Perhaps they won't be available in big numbers but if you put your order in and deposit down a month ago like me then you might get one sooner than you think. If you hold out to see what they are like, and the same applies for the 790, then you could be in for a very long wait. The back orders for both bikes I think will be historic for motorcycles. A bit like the Ford Mustang with a 12 month wait from when they started being delivered.

On 11/13/2018 at 3:01 PM, prwatts said:

In the Poll I said I will definitely get one.  It ticks more of my boxes than any other bike, but not all.   Fortunately, for me price is not a concern.  I don't care that the KTM790 is a lot more expensive.   Technically it's a better bike on paper but in the real world the Yamaha makes more sense.  So yes, in due course I'll calm down from my consumer indignation and accept that we are all just plugged into the Matrix and accept my lot: you have to eat what they dish up to you.  Theres always an F850GS or Africa Twin....or a plain old Tracer....

Sigh....

I probably speak for a lot of riders when I say that the 850GS, Africa Twin, 800 Triumph, 1090 ktm etc are just too heavy. I would go down to a KTM690 before going up to a bigger bike. The issue for me is confidence to ride a back track or beach ride on my own. When I finally get the T700, I will still put it on a diet to squeeze more weight out of it.

On 12/3/2018 at 7:12 PM, TimeMachine said:

I have a feeling Yamaha will reward the early adopters with an early delivery. Perhaps they won't be available in big numbers but if you put your order in and deposit down a month ago like me then you might get one sooner than you think. If you hold out to see what they are like, and the same applies for the 790, then you could be in for a very long wait. The back orders for both bikes I think will be historic for motorcycles. A bit like the Ford Mustang with a 12 month wait from when they started being delivered.

I think your right but these is no way I could put a deposit on something that I have never seen or sat on or know when it’s released or how much it costs

• Like 1

T, you are right in general principle, but this is going to be a standard Yamaha. 

I have owned 12 Yamahas, 1 honda, 1 suzuki and 1 BMW since I started riding at 22.  And riding a Yamaha is like driving a Toyota - they just kind of all feel genetically the same.  Lately I had an XTZ750 and TDM 900 and they look so different, yet feel like cousins when you ride them ....  so I do not feel so bad just ordering one and I never even saw it except here on the Forum  🙂  plus my back-up plan is that if my feelings change, I am sure I can offload my order on the guy who waited too long - the deposit was only £250.

The more I look at this Tenere the more I think it is so standard - only the engine is new.   So standard it doesn't even have switcheable maps !!

I owned the XTZ750 and TDM 900 simultaneously and I wished they had put the TDM900 engine in the XTZ ( a few guys did)  now I think this Tenere will be the Tenere I always wanted.  Time will tell. 

Don't forget  "to dream is better than to possess" ha ha

Oh, and another thing - we who placed orders are gambling on what the selling price will be.

In England, a Tracer 700 costs about £7,500 and a Tracer 900 is £9,500.

So let us see how Yamaha position this T7 ...  I am guessing about £9,000.

Peter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

Im still getting one, but will get another bike to ride until the Tenere 700 comes to the USA. 

What bike you thinking for the interim?