Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Camel Tank $389

Camel ADV

@Camel ADV Will the black colour fade and does the black tank run hotter than the white coloured tank?

Cheers

Edited by Yammybound88
added username

• Supporting Vendor
8 hours ago, Yammybound88 said:

@Camel ADV Will the black colour fade and does the black tank run hotter than the white coloured tank?

Cheers

The both colors have very high UV resistance. The black will definitely heat the fuel up more in direct sunlight. Usually, people have panniers over the tank and aren't riding with direct sun constantly on one side or another.

I think the black looks better but the translucent is a bit more functional.

• Like 2

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

20 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

T7 Camel Tank intro video:

Excellent video, was curious about the vacuum feed.

would the black rank feed better since it will get more pressure 😀

that whole setup looks awesome. Also neat how simple that is to install.

good work as always!

Mike

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

The install video is up and there is stock on the webpage!

IMG_5576_medium.jpg?v=1607664460

6554b6be8c0d829a8bf63ae0c82cf121_link.pn Yamaha T7 Camel Tank Auxiliary Fuel Tank CT-T7

Since the 700 Tenere was officially announced in late 2017, it’s created quite a stir in the adventure bike community. Boasting a great list of features and specs this bike seems ready to conquer the ADV world! However, as the saying goes, “When you’re exploring, you can never have too...

• Like 4

Cory:  you now offer 2 versions of the tail tidy 1) gen 1 with 10 mm turn signal mounting holes & 2) gen 2 with oem turn signal mounting holes.  Will the Camel Tank mount with oem rear turns signals/gen 2 tail tidy?

• Supporting Vendor
On 12/15/2020 at 1:44 AM, prowlnS10 said:

Cory:  you now offer 2 versions of the tail tidy 1) gen 1 with 10 mm turn signal mounting holes & 2) gen 2 with oem turn signal mounting holes.  Will the Camel Tank mount with oem rear turns signals/gen 2 tail tidy?

The giant North American signals won't clear the tank. The Euro incandescent signals should be OK.

Camel Tank is a great achievement. Big thumbs up. Only the fact that it needs a Tail Tidy is a bit annoying (for me). Maybe I’m in the Minority but I like the looking and protection of the stock Tail🤓

• Like 1

• Premium Member

273.5 miles to empty (on the side of the road) with Cory’s tank.. Your mileage WILL vary! 

f9fbeecd-adb3-4b6d-99b1-fe8b27d5adc6-e16

The plan for the experiment was to run to empty....for meat pies😋. I started the day with 4.2 gallons in the main tank and 1.3 in the Camel ADV Camel Tank for  5.5 total gallons. An extra rotopax with 1 gallon was packed for when I ran out of gas on the side of the road.…

• Like 5

On 12/19/2020 at 10:45 AM, bikeever said:

Camel Tank is a great achievement. Big thumbs up. Only the fact that it needs a Tail Tidy is a bit annoying (for me). Maybe I’m in the Minority but I like the looking and protection of the stock Tail🤓

You're not the only one.  I don't plan to run a tail tidy.  I've been able to fit accessories to bikes that were not compatible.  I still feel this solution is out there.  It just didn't fit with Camel's desired approach.  Debating weather to order the kit and see what I can come up with.  I just haven't needed the extra range yet.

J

• Like 1

£291.00 + P&P from the USA then import duties,  then Parcel force who collect behalf of Customs & excise will add their fee then VAT applied @ 20% I learnt this when i imported  a Kermit chair and don't want another kicking off the Tax man.

It's brilliant simple solution but for approx 75 miles and i have to buy the tail tidy as well it's not worth it, when 

Camel develops a bracket that works with the standard tail unit i don't think they will be able to make them fast enough.  If some enterprising soul imports into the UK i might take a look. 

uk

Edited by Mapbook
  • Like 1

ANY UPDATE YET ON WHICH PANNIERS WILL FIT WITH THE TANK ? I HAVE GIVI TREKKER OUTBACKS 

THANKS 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mapbook said:

£291.00 + P&P from the USA then import duties,  then Parcel force who collect behalf of Customs & excise will add their fee then VAT applied @ 20% I learnt this when i imported  a Kermit chair and don't want another kicking off the Tax man.

It's brilliant simple solution but for approx 75 miles and i have to buy the tail tidy as well it's not worth it, when 

Camel develops a bracket that works with the standard tail unit i don't think they will be able to make them fast enough.  If some enterprising soul imports into the UK i might take a look. 

uk

Actually they are shipping from Canada if that helps.

1 hour ago, Mapbook said:

uk

All in I make it >£120 per extra litre of fuel. Neat solution but works out rather expensive 

1 hour ago, Limey said:

Not sure still get import duties + VAT

17 hours ago, Pozik3085 said:

ANY UPDATE YET ON WHICH PANNIERS WILL FIT WITH THE TANK ? I HAVE GIVI TREKKER OUTBACKS 

THANKS 

I think you mean Pannier Racks, and the product page states the OEM Yamaha ones will fit - I was under the impression that Givi made the pannier racks for Yamaha?

Also all caps is like yelling on the internet, and makes things harder to read. 

Hope this helps!

Mike

image.thumb.png.a80aba5ea6503dc95bf95272f5f82d0a.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MikeCMP said:

I think you mean Pannier Racks, and the product page states the OEM Yamaha ones will fit - I was under the impression that Givi made the pannier racks for Yamaha?

Also all caps is like yelling on the internet, and makes things harder to read. 

Hope this helps!

Mike

image.thumb.png.a80aba5ea6503dc95bf95272f5f82d0a.png

Sorry the program I use at work requires all caps haha but GIVI does make the OEM ones so i would assume these would would 

48 minutes ago, Pozik3085 said:

Sorry the program I use at work requires all caps haha but GIVI does make the OEM ones so i would assume these would would 

No worries. I would bet any rack that’s out and away from the bike will work fine. It’s the rally raid or other close ones that might need spacers people something to work right. 

Mike

• Supporting Vendor
On 12/19/2020 at 11:45 AM, bikeever said:

As explained in the intro video, the stock licence plate mount makes it very tough to get a solid the tank mount with any amount of triangulation in it. We're working on it but it's by no means a simple fix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That tank in black looks outstanding!!!  What an awesome addition this is going to be!

YouTube - RIDER GUIDER - check out my T7 playlist and say hello 😀 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Ride to empty #2... your mileage will vary 😉 

fc6885bf-e36b-462c-98a9-e2a1649c156b-e16

Yesterday I took off to meet up with Richard in Ragley La. on my way to get some BBQ is Jasper Tx. It was a chilly day, never breaking 60F. Burrrrr I was able to make it 292 miles(469km) with the 5.5 gallons/20.8 L of regular unleaded 87 octane in the main tank and  #CamelADV Camel…

5C81B59D-3C26-4E44-948C-31DE675185C1.jpeg

03080FDA-2E6E-4E06-8DF1-8C9C7DEA0A7C.jpeg

• Like 4

On 12/22/2020 at 8:14 PM, Limey said:

And now we have to pay import duties and VAT for goods from the EU, plus their local tax. I'm looking at another 45 quid for my TT (Germany) crash bars. Not surprised that Adventure Spec upped sticks and moved to the EU, the UK will be a small market for them and their goods as expensive as those from the US

• Like 1