Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lets see your new Tenere 700's, world!

Cruizin

Just click "choose files" when creating a new reply below to add pics from your device. 

This forum works very similar to FB and other platforms. Your phones can do most everything here easy once logged in. 

You can also create your own Gallery in, well, our gallery. Click around top of the forum. 

Hi B Enduro,

Lucky you..

Good to hear that you are getting your T7 so quick. 

Nice to see that you are getting the Akra exhaust, what other accessories are you putting on?

Please share more photos and your opinion on the bike after you have ridden it.

Thanks on behalf of everyone. 

Marty 

Caboolture QLD 

Australia 

• Like 1

Very nice congratulations when I get mine in December I am going to leave it stock for awhile  until the aftermarket vendors  catch up 👍

Hi B Enduro, 

Where are you in the World that your T7 has already arrived? 

Congratulations, I'm sure you will enjoy riding it very soon. 

Cheers 

Marty 

Caboolture QLD Australia 

Hi B Enduro, 

Have you picked up your Tenere yet?

Hopefully you have and you are busy riding it.  and you've got it booked in for its 1st service soon.

I plan to try to pick mine up on a Saturday afternoon in December and book it in for its 1st service on the Monday after riding the 1st  1000km on the Saturday and Sunday. We'll see how it goes. 

Marty 

Hi Marty,

Heres my bike by the sea and on a track. It’s as good if not better than you’ve read and heard. 

Rob

6D480999-2049-48B2-A10E-21182CABA067.jpeg

C6052021-9B1F-45E3-8CE6-3B477F7DF4E7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Rob,

Congratulations. An thanks for sharing the photos and your opinion on the bike. 

I'm sure you'll be enjoying riding it as much as you can. 

Where are you in the World? Hopefully the weather is staying dry for you to get out and explore and you have lots of great roads and trails to ride.

Cheers 

Marty

Caboolture QLD Australia 

Hi everyone, 

Although I have to wait until December to get my pre-ordered  Tenere, as I am in Australia.  I am still excited for you all in Europe and the U.K. to be getting your bikes over the next few weeks and to hear from you all via the forum as you get confirmation of when  you are getting your bikes and where you are in the world. 

Cheers Marty 

Caboolture QLD Australia 

Not mine, but a video on YouTube titled: Yamaha Ténéré 700 Unboxing, first run, first ride 4K  by JF Motorcycles in Czech Republic.  Well done.

• Like 1

New Tenere owners, in case you havent noticed yet, when you go in and create your free bike album, your last few images show up on the top of the front page of the forum.   Lets please get some real T7's up there. 

Also, when you work on /upgrade something connected to your bike, please consider taking a few well timed pics, upload em from your phone to our tech tip section, and I promise your posts will be read by thousands of new owners for year to come around the world. 

They dont get buried like on Facebook and this place has real admins. 

Thanks again for being members and even virtual mates. Please post lots of pics for those of us who cannot get our t7's yet. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, yeendy said:

Hi Rob, which dealer did you get your bike from ? and at least the rain kept the dust down !

Hi Yeendy,

the bike came from Flitwick Motorcycles. I had to wait for Yamaha to get the ordering system working on day one to place the order. There a great dealer I’ve used them for 35 years. 

The bike is much bigger the I thought it would but having had big GSs and KTMs for 15 years for me that’s no bad thing. 

Its as easy to ride of road as a CRF 250 and I’ve done a whole tank of fuel without stopping on road, 170 miles. 

Rob

On 7/30/2019 at 6:19 AM, Midfield Rob said:

Hi Yeendy,

the bike came from Flitwick Motorcycles. I had to wait for Yamaha to get the ordering system working on day one to place the order. There a great dealer I’ve used them for 35 years. 

The bike is much bigger the I thought it would but having had big GSs and KTMs for 15 years for me that’s no bad thing. 

Its as easy to ride of road as a CRF 250 and I’ve done a whole tank of fuel without stopping on road, 170 miles. 

Rob

I reckon I was there looking at their other one when you were trying to squeeze it in the van. Glad you got it home ok. Enjoy!

Edited by Doogle
Grammar

Hi B Enduro, 

Thanks for sharing the pics of your bike in its natural Habitat, on and off road. It looks great.. 

Especially the 3rd photo, very creative photo opportunity. 

Hopefully the weather fines up for you to get out more on it. 

Although its great to see that you are not a fair weather rider and you are still getting out there 

in the rain as well.

For me any ride is a good ride, rain, hail or shine. the daily commute to work or a weekend blast..

Have fun, 

look forward to see more pics and ride reports. 

Cheers 

Marty

Hi Rob, 

Did you have to refuel after 170 miles, how many litres did you have to put in the tank to refill? 

How are the tyres? confidence inspiring on the road and not too much vibrations? 

Please share ride reports and more pics. 

Have fun.. 

Cheers 

Marty 

Hi Rob, 

How was the comfort of the seat after riding 170 miles with out stopping? 

is the bike comfortable to ride such distances non stop? 

Was it all mostly Highway riding? or some city traffic and mountain twisties and off road sections? 

I can't wait to get my Tenere in December and ride it on all kinds of roads and trails as I have a great mix of 

all of the above roads all with in a short distance from home.. 

In the mean time I am counting Teneres to fall asleep at night.. 😴

Hi Marty,

Its a great bike for doing a tank of fuel non stop. It was all on road and took 3 1/2 hours through villages and back roads as well as 50 miles on main roads. Comfort was fine, I’m 1.75m and 100kg, there was a small amount of wind buffeting but the screen is much better than its size suggests. 

The bike is still being run so ‘most’ of it was at less than 70mph. 

I cant find the bad fueling at low revs that people talk off and I do find my leg resting on the clutch cover that has been commented on but it’s not as issue just the first thing it gets to. 

Sorry about you wait but it’s worth it. 

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob, 

Thanks for your reply and for the good rap of the bike as I expected.. 

99% of the reviews so far are very positive for the bike and I am really looking forward to getting mine.. 

I am 164 cm tall and only 70 kg with riding gear. I got to sit on a Tenere here on its Trans Tasman Tour this month

and I am on the ball of my foot sliding a little off the seat on one side as I am on my current WR250R , which is fine for me.. 

Thanks again for the review and info. 

Have fun riding yours and keep us all posted with more pics.. 

Cheers Marty 

Hi all. Great to be aboard! Collect mine on Friday. Can’t wait. ❤️🏍

E61C2912-632B-41DF-BD64-5CF0C5757351.jpeg

• Like 7