Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

I got a hwy trip planned (1320km round trip), then I am doing a burn out and swapping these out. 

image.png.c23aff1a10200acbfb801a60789a4576.pngimage.png.e20b6e1c1a3cac1082b150e50dbf3c20.png

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, nullsson said:

That sounds like a much better approach and less risk of harming the engine, I'll try that next time! 🙂

Is idling for 10~ minutes necessary? I think I only let it idle for like 1-2 minutes max when I was doing it

No I didn't fill it with oil all I did was dipping my finger in some oil and put it on the o-ring of the new filter. I should try that as well, thanks!

No, 10 minutes is ruff estimation but you need enough time for the oil to go through the whole system, (I don't know the exact amount of time required for that) and yeah the o-ring is the important part, I saw some mechanic putting oil and his filter and it made sense to me has he explain the slight benefits of pre saturate of the filters and your oil level wont vary as much after the start up so I started doing it with all the filter I changes regardless of the filters. I should say with the tenere since the filter is horizontal there is no point putting too much in it as it will leak while you are screwing it on.    

Edited by maddog123
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, maddog123 said:

I got a hwy trip planned (1320km round trip), then I am doing a burn out and swapping these out. 

image.png.c23aff1a10200acbfb801a60789a4576.pngimage.png.e20b6e1c1a3cac1082b150e50dbf3c20.png

What brand tires are these?

Look like some fairly aggressive dirt riding planned?

Edited by SXXP

4 hours ago, SXXP said:

Looks like Pirelli mt21

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SXXP said:

pirelli MT21 rallyecross … yes i am planning on doing lots of dirt riding and I want to experience the off-road capability of the bike. In my region we have a very extensive dirt road network and I can just see myself whipping out with my stock slick tires so I went with something pretty aggressive at least for this set, I might tone it down on my next one we will see.

Edited by maddog123
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, maddog123 said:

pirelli MT21 rallyecross … yes i am planning on doing lots of dirt riding and I want to experience the off-road capability of the bike. In my region we have a very extensive dirt road network and I can just see myself whipping out with my stock slick tires so I went with something pretty aggressive at least for this set, I might tone it down on my next one we will see.

Would you mind sharing the profiles of the tires? 

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a spare set of wheels for dirt only duty so educating myself on tire  options available. 

Edited by SXXP

6 minutes ago, SXXP said:

Would you mind sharing the profiles of the tires? 

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a spare set of wheels for dirt only duty so educating myself on tire  options available. 

I am not home right now and wont be for a week or so but I found these on Google

also here is a review about them and there is tones of pictures 

Pirelli MT 21 Rallycross Review: These highly dirt-biased ADV motorcycle tires are a huge step up from stock for off-roading.

image.png.3eada8572f71fe14874305bba99d6211.png

image.png.8964ed1daaef1383ef8a0a261d9943ab.png

• Like 1

Here is my GYTR build finally done after almost 3 months.

GYTR Air Filter Kit
GYTR Chain and Sprocket Kit (15/48)
GYTR Front Brake kit (300mm disc) with brembo master cylinder
GYTR Front High Fender Kit
GYTR Haan Front Wheel with high strength Excel rim 1.85x21
GYTR Haan Rear Wheel with high strength Excel rim 2.50x18
GYTR KYB Front Forks 48mm, 270mm stoke
Tractive Suspension Shock X-TREME PRO +25mm Long Travel with remote adjuster
GYTR Rear Brake kit (270mm)
GYTR Triple Crown Handle Assy (for 48mm forks)
Scotts Steering Damper with BRP SUB mount
HP Corse 2-in-1 Racing head pipe
HP Corse exhaust SP-1 Titan Black
Seat Concepts Tall comfort seat
2 Wheel DynoWorks ECU flash
Camel Adv T7 - 1 Finger Clutch Kit
Camel Adv T7 Rear Brake Pedal
Camel Adv Side Stand Safety Switch Bypass
ASV clutch lever
Shorai Lithium Battery
Racetorx gear shift support
TST LED Flushmount Turn Signals
Renthal 602-01-BK Fatbar Black 1-1/8" Aluminum Handlebar
S3 Footpegs RALLY / ADVENTURE
OTR Carbon Fiber Engine guard
Acerbis Chain guide
Acerbis X-Power Engine Protection cases
Acerbis X-factor handguards
Adventure Spec Aluminium Crash bars
Yamaha Radiator Guard
Perun Moto rear rack & top handlebar clamp
FTECU ABS Delete Plug (removed ABS pump)
Charcoal Canister removed completely.
KTM license plate holder ( saves a ton of weight)

The weight of the bike with the above configuration is as follows. This is with the ADV Spec aluminium Crash bars but without the Perun Moto Rack. Tires are Motoz Desert H/T 90/100-21 & Motoz Desert H/T 140/80-18 with Tusk heavy duty 4mm tubes.
Front - 217
Rear - 223

Total - 440 lbs.

IMG_5506.jpg

IMG_5508.jpg

IMG_5509.jpg

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

small oem led indicators

rtech license plate

oem rally seat

moto.jpg.188315dcb88b89fd6ef3e58678d2711b.jpg

Edited by NicoNicoNii
  • Like 3

On 4/29/2024 at 10:29 AM, maddog123 said:

I am not home right now and wont be for a week or so but I found these on Google

also here is a review about them and 

What the?? Lol. 

Screenshot_20240501_222151_SamsungInternet.jpg.7c21f47aaa2c026e8ca0ce26777bb3f6.jpg

5 hours ago, DT675 said:

What the?? Lol. 

Screenshot_20240501_222151_SamsungInternet.jpg.7c21f47aaa2c026e8ca0ce26777bb3f6.jpg

lol you attention to detail is impressive ... 

two pic stitch together 

image.png.5acdd64a5fcfbc44f91c0eb62a7ffa3b.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/21/2024 at 4:46 AM, jdub53 said:

Installed a new rear brake disc and my second set of new rear pads. The OEM disc was worn to 4.3mm at just under 18k miles and would be rejected at the bike's upcoming annual state safety inspection because min thickness is 4.5mm. At last year's inspection it was right at 4.5mm, so it passed then.

While doing research for a disc that should last longer than the OEM Brembo item,  based upon positive reviews from others on this forum I decided to give this disc a try. Although not advertised for T7 fitment, as others had found it fits the T7 perfectly and I wonder if the vendor just never got around to updating their ad. While I'm normally not inclined to use less expensive Chinese items in critical applications, all of the positive feedback swayed me to try this.  

For YAMAHA 900cc XSR900 Abarth ABS 2018-and up. For YAMAHA 900cc XSR900 ABS (MTM850A) 2016-2017. For YAMAHA 900cc XSR900 ABS (MTM850A) 2018-and up. For YAMAHA 700cc MT-07 non-ABS (MT07)...

Because they made such a difference when switching from the disappointing OEM Brembo rear pads at 8k miles, I installed another set of the Galfer semi-metallic FD165 pads recommended by Camel ADV.

Well worn OEM disc, with very noticeable wear visible around the outer edges on both sides:

20240320_084450.jpg.81e34d7af63f6828eaf5bcae1d4be947.jpg

New disc overlaid on old:

20240320_084539.jpg.e1ddde281cc2e9d28cdbdc48e85368b8.jpg

Installed and ready to go:

20240320_092649.jpg.c438c42e36d4fd0a0d12fdde8a05d401.jpg

I am in the process of putting a second wheel set together for mostly off-road use and have purchased the above rear rotor that  @jdub53 used.  I reached out to the seller asking if he had a front rotor set and he replied with the below questions.  I wont have access to my bike for some time and was hoping someone has their front wheel off or a front rotor lying around to take measurements. 

eBayimpression?mkevt=4&siteId=0&mkpid=0&emsi

New message from: racingboy8261 (15,097YELLOW_SHOOTING_STAR Star)

Hello,
Please check below detailed sizes,
Outside diameter: 282mm
Inside diameter: 133mm
Rotor Thickness: 5mm
No of holes:5
Hole Size: 8.5mm
Bolt Pattern: 150mm
Are these correct for your front?
Wait for your reply.

Your previous message

Thank you!

I have a question for you - Do you carry Front Brake Disc Rotor for a 2021-2024 Yamaha Tenere 700?

racingboy8261:

Dear Customer,
thanks for your order!
We have shipped the order for you today, shipped by:
courier:UPS , tracking number:1ZE356F8YW37022261,
it will take serveral days for delivery. If there’s any problem during the transportation, please feel free to contact us!
Thank you!

Edited by SXXP

On 4/29/2024 at 1:21 AM, maddog123 said:

I loved the offroad grip of the MT 21's but the front tire was so loud on the freeway that  I pulled it off at about 1500 miles. 

• Like 1

Installed a screen protector on the TFT. For a few bucks, if it helps save that pricey piece, I’ll spend it.

Waiting impatiently for my new rear spring to show up. Hoping to get it in tonight before we hit some single track tomorrow!

• Like 1

Received my new rear spring and spring compressors, but didn’t pay attention to which compressor I ordered… ears are way too big, so after getting the shock all the way out, I had to reassemble everything… ugh.

New compressor will be here Monday.

Mounted Mivv de-cat headers and flashed with Powervision3 🙂

440572348_10159475719731901_541229473352248373_n.jpg

440460929_10159475860051901_6615770621121126506_n.jpg

• Like 1

did some preventive maintenance before I left for a 3 day trip in the Nord of France called "Reet D'Opale" with MotoMentals

- lubricated the dogbones - and a good thing I did

- putted on a new chain and sprockets front and back

- some new aggressive tires - and they proved themselves during the event!

During the event my mate (riding a KTM 990) had a puncture - so we had to replace the inner tube on the road side - what an adventure.

AD0FF86B-F6F6-4BE0-8CB0-50413CD231A6.jpg

D9D6FB15-DEA9-4516-8F91-B6342359D062.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3307.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hornetjo said:

did some preventive maintenance before I left for a 3 day trip in the Nord of France called "Reet D'Opale" with MotoMentals

- lubricated the dogbones - and a good thing I did

- putted on a new chain and sprockets front and back

- some new aggressive tires - and they proved themselves during the event!

During the event my mate (riding a KTM 990) had a puncture - so we had to replace the inner tube on the road side - what an adventure.

AD0FF86B-F6F6-4BE0-8CB0-50413CD231A6.jpg

D9D6FB15-DEA9-4516-8F91-B6342359D062.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3307.jpg

I think I can tell simply from those pictures that your tire choice was right!

40 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

I think I can tell simply from those pictures that your tire choice was right!

I was reluctant to change my nobby-to-me tires with these beasts. But the co-organizer of the event (who ownes a motorcycle shop) talked me into these bad boys.

But have to say - best decision made even. As I have a second wheel set - these type of tires will be fitted again. They gave me confidence to ride hard on the trails - and to climb up steap, muddy hills without a lot of fishtailing.

• Like 1

Took the T out for some dirt initiation… So much fun. 

Nothing crazy this time, just some dirt roads through the mountains, but can’t wait to do some more.

GPTempDownload.jpeg

• Like 1

Installed a 90n race tech spring for the rear. Should improve the ride with luggage and my daughter.

also installed the Camel ADV Minimalist rack on n the rear. Good spot for a milk crate 😉

ordered the Camel tail tidy as well. Sadly wasn’t available so I could install it with the rack while I had the tail apart already. 

Keep in mind that the Chinese copy the form and not the material. You have to check periodically for damages.

• Like 7