Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Acerbis bigger tank 23lt

365moto.eu

6 minutes ago, Simmons1 said:

1. Not really if you use the cap that comes with the tank.

2. The vent is built into the locking locking gas cap so there would be no need for a hose.

Awesome.  I got a screaming deal on the tank so I got it and then picked up the locking cap with a gift card I had to Revzilla.  Looking forward to getting them!

14 hours ago, eddylindenstein said:

I'm looking at doing this Acerbis project on my 22.  Two things I can't seem to find an answer to:

1.) Is there a way to have the vent tube elsewhere?  I don't really like the look of it coming out of the gas gap like that

2.) I see that you can buy a locking cap (though not sure what size applies here) - how would a locking cap work without ventilation?  I don't see the vent tube on the locking cap

1) You don't have to install the vent tube onto the caps nipple if you don't want to, but of course the nipple's vent hole would have to remain unobstructed and any gas that leaks out isn't going to be diverted anywhere.

2) The Acerbis locking cap is vented internally, allowing a tankbag to sit directly on top of it with no issues.

On 1/17/2022 at 5:42 PM, Engineer said:

Hi,  where do you find tthis wrapping sheets? Very interesting !

IMG_20211117_145728 (Copy).jpg

• Like 1

Hi. @365moto.eu

The decal kit I used on the Acerbis tank is from Crispy Designs.

The kit is for the standard tank and needs to be ordered with perforations to go on a plastic tank. Be warned that as the kit is for the standard tank you will need to modify it a bit to fit the Acerbis tank.

Good luck

Do any of you Acerbis tank owners have different handlebars?  I have the Pro Taper Adventure Evo and I'm wondering if full lockout will be a problem since they have more sweep than the stock bars.