Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New T7 Raid from Yamaha

James

Just happened to be on my T7 Rally at the right Moroccan petrol station (near Merzouga) at the right time to witness Pol Tarrés and Alessandro Botturi turn up on these experimental T7's.

They also had duel tanks up front and duel saddle tanks giving a total capacity of 33L.

They forbid us to take pictures...

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/en/news/2022-yamaha-tenere-700-raid-prototype--racing-for-the-next-horiz/#/

cq5dam.web.1200.1200.jpeg

Edited by James
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wow!  That would never happen to me...  Although I did end up at a bar in Peru with the Scotland National team after a pre-WC friendly.  They let me take pics.  Two thumbs up for the camo graphics on those bikes!   👍👍

scotland.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, James said:

Just happened to be on my T7 Rally at the right Moroccan petrol station (near Merzouga) at the right time to witness Pol Tarrés and Alessandro Botturi turn up on these experimental T7's.

They also had duel tanks up front and duel saddle tanks giving a total capacity of 33L.

They forbid us to take pictures...

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/en/news/2022-yamaha-tenere-700-raid-prototype--racing-for-the-next-horiz/#/

cq5dam.web.1200.1200.jpeg

Holy crap, this is some major news. Who knows when we'll get this bike, but god damn look at that spec sheet.

--

Ténéré 700 Raid Prototype Technical Highlights

Engine

• Full titanium Akrapovič race exhaust
  • GYTR ECU
  • High performance airbox and filter
  • 48 teeth final drive sprocket
  • Oversize radiator
  • Dual cooling fans
  • New water pump cover
  • New oil cooler
  • Rekluse heavy duty clutch
  • Two-piece clutch cover
  • New clutch lever

Suspension

• 48mm long travel front forks – 270 mm
  • CNC triple clamps
  • New long travel rear shock – 260 mm
  • New rear suspension linkage

Brakes

• High specification single front disc – 300 mm
  • Racing brake pads
  • Upgraded front brake master cylinder
  • New front brake lever
  • Oversize 267 mm diameter rear disc
  • New caliper mounting bracket
  • Steel braided front and rear brake hoses
Edited by loneranger700
  • Like 1

Hi. Called the local dealer and reserved a Raid bike. Looks like they are coming around May. Price will be a bit over Rally but nothing crazy.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kalle said:

Hi. Called the local dealer and reserved a Raid bike. Looks like they are coming around May. Price will be a bit over Rally but nothing crazy.

You reserved a bike for which you have not seen any pictures or know the price of?

3 minutes ago, Stabilo_Boss said:

You reserved a bike for which you have not seen any pictures or know the price of?

Yes. Life is short.

• Like 6

On 11/23/2021 at 6:46 PM, James said:

"They forbid us to take pictures..."

I don't think they had any right to do that. Take development bikes out in public and that is a risk you take isn't it? 🤔

On 11/25/2021 at 8:34 AM, Kalle said:

You seriously believe a bike that there are currently only two of will be sold at a dealership next May?  

I hate to burst your bubble but you are dreaming.  

Most dealers on both sides of the pond will likely only get stock bikes by the spring.  That bike as you see it will probably never be offered by Yamaha.  A significant redesign of the current model is at least 4-5 years out, with BNG the only likely change over the coming years.

Your dealer doesn't understand what you are asking about.  The only bike you might see in the spring is a rally version.  But hey it's fun to dream.

With a username K and only these 2 posts to your name, I feel a KTM user is just having a bit of fun.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, williestreet said:

You seriously believe a bike that there are currently only two of will be sold at a dealership next May?  

Most dealers on both sides of the pond will likely only get stock bikes by the spring.  That bike as you see it will probably never be offered by Yamaha.  A significant redesign of the current model is at least 4-5 years out, with BNG the only likely change over the coming years.

Your dealer doesn't understand what you are asking about.  The only bike you might see in the spring is a rally version.  But hey it's fun to dream.

With a username K and only these 2 posts to your name, I feel a KTM user is just having a bit of fun.

Well ofcourse it will not be 100% the proto but there will be a Raid bike. Europe just call your Yamaha dealer and ask. No clue on US. 

I'm with @williestreet

I think your dealer understood you asking for a 2022 Rally and i would not be surprised they don't know what a Raid version is.
The 2022 is higher in price and that's whet they meant with not crazy over a Rally but then the current Rally.
Looking at the specs of the Raid it would be at least 1,5 time the normal price and if not it probably will be just a Rally + with only a bigger tank. That might be a real scenario as there is chatter form Yamaha about a bigger tank but still not confirmed and definitely not on the market... yet. Just maybe it will have some updated suspension as well.

Hi. There will be updated suspension, bigger tank, steering damper at least. Yamaha wants to get these bikes to races. The prototype is just a regular Tenere with loads of extras. Anyone with money can pretty much build a similar one today. Its not like it has a titanium frame and a jet engine. They promised me more details when they get them. Not 100% it will come in May but that is the best quess today. With covid not 100% you are allowed to leave your flat tomorrow... 

The video clearly says that its a race bike.  Where does it say they are building any to sell to the public?  I've missed that part.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 8:36 AM, Kalle said:

Not 100% it will come in May but that is the best quess today. 

They didn't tell you the year... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/30/2021 at 6:14 PM, Idarex said:

The video clearly says that its a race bike.  Where does it say they are building any to sell to the public?  I've missed that part.

The extra travel suspension on the T7 Raid bikes is available from stock from us at Rally Raid, Yamaha Europe tested our race-developed suspension some months ago in Sardinia Rally and some MX tracks, against other big brands, and chose ours , then bought 3 sets....quality always shows

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Ktmmitch said:

The extra travel suspension on the T7 Raid bikes is available from stock from us at Rally Raid, Yamaha Europe tested our race-developed suspension some months ago in Sardinia Rally and some MX tracks, against other big brands, and chose ours , then bought 3 sets....quality always shows

Hi. Is there any real advantage on the 48mm ones? Or only the pleasure of spending alot more. Can't find prices on 48mm KYB. Öhlins always great but big bucks.

8 hours ago, Kalle said:

Hi. Is there any real advantage on the 48mm ones? Or only the pleasure of spending alot more. Can't find prices on 48mm KYB. Öhlins always great but big bucks.

Obviously there is a benefit with a larger diameter cartridge, that you would get in a 48 mm fork, but the external diameter of the tubes necessitates that you would need new triple clamps  and more likely a new disc caliper mounting. It is not an easy or cheap option, that is why we decided to stick with the OEM forks and just increase the cartridge  diameter and fit a proper hydraulic stop on the spring guide 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
tenere_world_raid_3.jpg

Yamaha have unveiled a long distance, off-road adventure focused version of their Ténéré 700, which joins the BMW F850GSA in the land of the supertankers. Until now, if you wanted a really long range middleweight you had to go...

• Like 2

On 11/27/2021 at 7:31 PM, williestreet said:

On 11/29/2021 at 8:36 AM, Kalle said:

Hi. There will be updated suspension, bigger tank, steering damper at least. Yamaha wants to get these bikes to races. The prototype is just a regular Tenere with loads of extras. Anyone with money can pretty much build a similar one today. Its not like it has a titanium frame and a jet engine. They promised me more details when they get them. Not 100% it will come in May but that is the best quess today. With covid not 100% you are allowed to leave your flat tomorrow... 

Told you so! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

new/different graphics, maybe a cheap steering stabilizer and more money to buy it! Buy a regular model and make it the way YOU WANT IT! Bigger tank is about all they really need to address, but that is gonna be hard without some serious re-design as the current tank with the shrouds and all is way wide and the bike is already tall-everything I have seen is they just took an already wide set up and made it a bit wider for more fuel-no thanks

Edited by Firebolter
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Kalle said:

Told you so! 😉

Your original post said you ordered one and would have it in May.  

Hey I am happy to be wrong and see things are progressing faster than I initially expected.  It would certainly be great to see another model, but we all know how long it can take to bring these to market.  

The estimated price jump they state is significant.  I will be curious to see what that equals for us here in North America.  I can see a staggered rollout for this as well.  Probably a year after Europe gets delivery will we be able to buy one.

No big deal for me either way.  A price jump like they estimate will put  it beyond what I would likely be willing to shell out for a toy, but you never know.    I certainly wouldn't buy a KTM, but if the price gets up that high many will just go orange.  

As mentioned post of a pic of the bike you ordered in May. We will be watching. 🙂 

• Like 1