Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Center stand comparison

Totti

On 11/7/2020 at 7:59 PM, TimG said:

Hmmm...... my Hepco Becker stand was a simple install and it fitted perfectly. 

Mine was easy to install. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HoboHighlander said:

H&B was pretty straightforward to install...other than the spring...goodness

Yes the SPRING fitting !!  I only managed to get the small one on and asked my dealer to fit larger one when having 600m service carried out. Great Quality item, I am super happy with it, and the TUV cert is a nice confirmation of quality !

1 hour ago, Spelldrummer said:

Yes the SPRING fitting !!  I only managed to get the small one on and asked my dealer to fit larger one when having 600m service carried out. Great Quality item, I am super happy with it, and the TUV cert is a nice confirmation of quality !

This is why I went with the SW Motech center stand. The spring is much easier to install and remove since it’s pulled into place by tightening a bolt.  Makes it about a 5 minute job to remove or put the center stand on the bike. It is so nice I can quickly remove it when I plan on going places where having a center stand is a detriment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liquidape said:

This is why I went with the SW Motech center stand. The spring is much easier to install and remove since it’s pulled into place by tightening a bolt.  Makes it about a 5 minute job to remove or put the center stand on the bike. It is so nice I can quickly remove it when I plan on going places where having a center stand is a detriment.

If you buy a spring puller, the type used for exhaust springs, its dead easy. Fitted two center stands on mine and brothers bike, without any issues. 

52E07C7D-5E78-4075-8EF8-064940C6449A.jpeg

• Like 3

On 11/29/2020 at 4:19 PM, Darrenheli said:

Works fine with plenty of clearance for the chain

IMG_20201129_145828_5.jpg

Hi Darren...looks like it protrudes a lot to the left when retracted. Does it stick more out then the side stand? 

Cheers Trollbiker

@FredBasset You must have biceps the size of my legs and vice-grips for hands, because there is nothing easy about pulling that big spring onto the peg, even with a spring puller. The whole bike was sliding backwards across the workshop floor until I threw a block of wood under the tire!

@Liquidape That would have been interesting to know before I made the purchase, so its good to have this discussion here for future buyers!

• Like 2

Just installed my SW center stand today. Took my time and was done in under an hour. The spring is a non-issue with the SW center stand. Great piece of kit!

Hepco Becker makes the most sense on paper. 

As far as a spring puller  I use a tire plugger with the notch in it. 

Little work with the Dremel  and it serves both purposes 😉 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2020 at 8:41 PM, wb22rules said:

Has anyone fitted the H&B center stand with the Outback Motortek skid plate?

Looking to do the same. Did you ever figure out if they'll work together?

On 12/26/2020 at 7:17 PM, darmahman said:

Just installed my SW center stand today. Took my time and was done in under an hour. The spring is a non-issue with the SW center stand. Great piece of kit!

I installed my SW Motech center stand today....pretty easy but requires some contortions to install the left side plate.  It is much easier if you remove the OEM skid plate.  It is a solid stand and works great.

• Like 2

On 10/21/2020 at 4:06 PM, MeefZah said:

Hepco Becker:

+ Slim to the bike, doesn't stuck out any farther than the sidestand; stays up on aggressive off road; well built;  looks good; fair price; easy up

- The chain runs pretty close to it (hasn't touched yet though); it retracts pretty hard... major "clang" as it folds up; partially blocks lowest suspension adjustment screw; blocks shift linkage

Unsure what skid plates this works with; I still have the stock one

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 11/7/2020 at 6:24 AM, Matth said:

Ive just fitted the hepco becker stand and tbh its wasnt an easy fit without changing parts. On the left hand side there are two spacers. Either it is too short or too long. 

One large spacer with very long bolt which is one inch too long.. unnecessary.   

one shorter spacer.

if u keep the orginal length there is a gap which if you tighten it will distort.

i had to add a washer to built it up so it sat straight.

also the pivot spacers are not long enough so if you tighten up it virtually locks the centre stand and the washers scrape against the paint.

your supposed to tighten the pivot bolts very tight without jamming the stand up or down

i had to release the bolt and use Shet loads of locktite.

all in all a bit crap!

Nice pics good job....

On 1/18/2021 at 3:53 PM, BoulderBret said:

I looked around a bit at that time and could not find confirmation of a fit, I haven't checked recently as I am still undecided on adding the center stand.

On 12/25/2020 at 2:24 PM, HoboHighlander said:

@FredBasset You must have biceps the size of my legs and vice-grips for hands, because there is nothing easy about pulling that big spring onto the peg, even with a spring puller. The whole bike was sliding backwards across the workshop floor until I threw a block of wood under the tire!

@Liquidape That would have been interesting to know before I made the purchase, so its good to have this discussion here for future buyers!

Hi Hobo, sorry to hear your difficulties but I honestly didn’t have a problem doing it (guess I’m stronger than I thought 😁). 

Edited by FredBasset

• 3 weeks later...

Having installed both original Yamaha accessories and aftermarket accessories on my Ténéré 700,  my hard learned experience is that in general the Yamaha accessories is made to a different, higher standard than many of the aftermarket parts. I have had to modify aftermarket parts made by companies that you would think had standards... But that is why we have tools and paint! 🙂

I installed the original stand, and it is extremely well made! I have used it for quite a while now, and have had zero issues with it.

center stand - chain.jpg

Edited by orbsurfer
  • Like 9

On 12/27/2020 at 2:07 AM, Christoph said:

Hepco Becker makes the most sense on paper. 

As far as a spring puller  I use a tire plugger with the notch in it. 

Little work with the Dremel  and it serves both purposes 😉 

The dealer that assisted me fitted 'impossible' spring 2 Minutes, and he didn't look particularly muscular, must be a technique...

On 1/18/2021 at 1:53 PM, BoulderBret said:

They work fine together. I have both on my T7

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bighopper said:

I just took a look at HP & SW & this stand looks the same.

I agree. In the end I went with a Hepco Becker one just to be sure. 

• 5 months later...
On 2/9/2021 at 1:37 PM, orbsurfer said:

Having installed both original Yamaha accessories and aftermarket accessories on my Ténéré 700,  my hard learned experience is that in general the Yamaha accessories is made to a different, higher standard than many of the aftermarket parts. I have had to modify aftermarket parts made by companies that you would think had standards... But that is why we have tools and paint! 🙂

I installed the original stand, and it is extremely well made! I have used it for quite a while now, and have had zero issues with it.

center stand - chain.jpg

How about a pic looking straight down to see how much it sticks out?...Thanks