Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Center stand comparison

Totti

On 2/13/2021 at 12:09 AM, Unzy said:

Has anyone tried one of these Chinese centrestands yet?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/254854543326

Got one, works good with outback motortek skid plate.  1 bolt has to be exchanged for same length but less shank.  I used the Hepco Becker install instructions as they are the same,

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody knows if the SW-Motech centrestand is compatible with the Touratech bash plate (Engine Guard ”Expedition” for Yamaha Tenere 700)?

Edited by oodbash

• 2 weeks later...

Weight wise the lightest centre stand that I can find numbers on is the AltRider aluminum center stand, with a claimed weight of only 2.6Kg / 5.7lbs total weight (OEM weighs 11lbs, competition weighs 8-10lbs). As noted on the first website below.

Canada supplier Dualsport Plus.

Altrider Seattle, WA, USA Website

AltRider Aluminum Center Stand for the Yamaha Tenere 700 - The Yamaha Tenere 700 is a great machine for those looking for a nimble, lightweight platform. Adventure riding can often...

Edited by Rocky_Mtn_T7

On 8/1/2021 at 4:59 PM, Neil said:

Anybody know if the H&B centrestand is compatible with the Adventure Spec bash plate?

Cheers.

Yes. 

• 1 month later...

I wasn't keen on throwing a center stand on the T7 - thought I would try the Tirox SnapJack XTrail Pro instead and I'm 100% pleased.

It's a high-quality, well-constructed product. The weight is OK - especially when compared against a center stand that would offer the same utility. I can easily lift both the front and back tire off the ground and the bike is very stable. I place the jack underneath the foot peg to lift the rear and use the holes in the stock  skid plate to lift the front. 

Just cleaned and lubed the chain and had no issues. A tire change would be just as stable. There is a slight trade off in that the bike when elevated sits at a slight angle versus being completely vertical on a center stand. I can live with that trade off for the weight and cost-savings.

4 hours ago, Camstyn said:

Has anyone tried the Altrider stand yet?

Considering the Availability is listed as "In development" , I'd guess the only people to try it are working for AltRider.

Altrider lists the center stand as "New" now, so it must be available.  Was looking at it the other day.

I was at AltRider in Seattle on November 17th.  I picked up the upper and lower crash bars.  I ask them if they had a center stand I could pick up.  They said, “ No not at this time.”  However, I did get to see and hold a preproduction model.  VERY lightweight.  Quality appeared to be nice, like all AltRider products.

My next visit, I plan on picking up the center stand and bash plate.    

25679DDF-AC47-4A45-9296-7F4D5FD23F6F.jpeg

FA59E3E8-3D00-4010-8411-1B007CA13C06.jpeg

FC61DB69-3287-4F18-B584-6F3837CAF458.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 12/24/2020 at 4:44 AM, HoboHighlander said:

H&B was pretty straightforward to install...other than the spring...goodness

On 12/24/2020 at 1:33 PM, Spelldrummer said:

Yes the SPRING fitting !!  I only managed to get the small one on and asked my dealer to fit larger one when having 600m service carried out. Great Quality item, I am super happy with it, and the TUV cert is a nice confirmation of quality !

A wee tip for centre stand spring fitting from an auld feller........

Install the stand without the spring on.

Put your loose spring in a vice.

Flex the spring until the rings begin to open.

Force coins (mine were €0.20 cent pieces) or thick washers between the rings.

You'll need to get a coin between all of the rings.

With the bike on the side stand, lift the new centre stand into its 'up/folded' position.

Hook the spring into place.

Pull the centre stand downwards to secure the spring and bring it under tension. then, pull out the coins.

spring.thumb.jpg.93fd319ca186959b21bab6f590b0aee0.jpg

Saves lotsa time, swearing, and skinned knuckles!

Edited by Toppie
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Riding faster than everyone else only guarantees you'll ride alone.....        

42 minutes ago, Toppie said:

A wee tip for centre stand spring fitting from an auld feller........

Install the stand without the spring on.

Put your loose spring in a vice.

Flex the spring until the rings begin to open.

Force coins (mine were €0.20 cent pieces) or thick washers between the rings.

You'll need to get a coin between all of the rings.

With the bike on the side stand, lift the new centre stand into its 'up/folded' position.

Hook the spring into place.

Pull the centre stand downwards to secure the spring and bring it under tension. then, pull out the coins.

spring.thumb.jpg.93fd319ca186959b21bab6f590b0aee0.jpg

Saves lotsa time, swearing, and skinned knuckles!

That's too easy!  Great tip "Old Fella".  I had a good chuckle.

9 hours ago, Landshark said:

That's too easy!  Great tip "Old Fella".  I had a good chuckle.

Lots of old folks know pretty cool stuff.

I've got a couple of late-teen grandson's that in recent times discovered a tremendously wonderful thing 

You'd think they'd invented it. 

How else they thought they'd got here I don't know.

I bonked their auld grannie and their dad bonked their Mum.

They seem to find that a tad distasteful!

😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just ordered one of these from Motea

€111 inc postage to Ireland.

constands_hauptstaender_204640-01.jpg

Motorcycle centre stand for easy jacking up and safe standing even on difficult ground Enables chain care, cleaning, maintenance and repairs without the need for a paddock stand Perfect addition to the side stand for longer...

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 6:25 PM, KidX said:

I wasn't keen on throwing a center stand on the T7 - thought I would try the Tirox SnapJack XTrail Pro instead and I'm 100% pleased.

If you just want a rear wheel jack you can knock one up for about 4 bucks € inside of an hour.
Here's one I made years ago for a Versys 650 and modified for my xt660z

(Details in a previous video)

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 4:40 PM, Toppie said:

If you just want a rear wheel jack you can knock one up for about 4 bucks € inside of an hour.
Here's one I made years ago for a Versys 650 and modified for my xt660z

(Details in a previous video)

That's a great option. I don't have the equipment necessary to fabricate something like that - buying the Tirox was more cost effective.

• Like 1

I also mounted the Constand taken from the Motea website, it is an excellent compromise between quality and price, less expensive than the original but well built, price shipped in Italy 145 €
  • Like 1

okay, hepco's central stand feebback

1) guys,  hallf-missing dirty-made thread is not good, but fixable. For that money - booooo, shame!

2) installing spring was fun 🙂

3) I am 78 kilos and have decades of experience with central stands of all sorts - this is not easy to lift a bike with HB stand

4) feels very solid and not so heavy. In general ok, now need to find to find out which bashplate is compatible...

1658829286_HEPCOSSHAME.thumb.jpg.56c01d075a2e88df9263ad20fb73b0cc.jpg

Edited by Goshary
  • Like 2

Shame on them for the mis-cut thread!

So do you think lifting the bike is not easy due to the HB stand, or due to the design of the bike?

1 minute ago, Tenerider said:

Shame on them for the mis-cut thread!

So do you think lifting the bike is not easy due to the HB stand, or due to the design of the bike?

It's all about balance and levers... longer lever as one at OEM one would works better but i don't like it (so huge!) and OEM central sand is heavy and expensive

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I haven't decided yet, but that  will be SW Motech or Hepco-Becker. Please help to choose. ;)

I chose Hepco and Becker, because of its look and compatibility with quite a lot skidplates (especially AXP skid for me).

• Like 1

I have the Hepco Becker stand. It was an easy fit and it works well. It takes more effort to put the T7 up on that stand than it does on my Super Tenere. I'm sure that the longer foot of the OEM stand would make it easier. Part of the problem is that I have nothing convenient to grab at the rear of the bike to assist the lift.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 1/29/2022 at 10:29 PM, Toppie said:

I just ordered one of these from Motea

€111 inc postage to Ireland.

constands_hauptstaender_204640-01.jpg

Motorcycle centre stand for easy jacking up and safe standing even on difficult ground Enables chain care, cleaning, maintenance and repairs without the need for a paddock stand Perfect addition to the side stand for longer...

Hello Toppie, are you satisfied with the stand?