Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

"The Fix" T7 Rear Brake Pedal

Camel ADV

I consider it a "must have" item.

You have a Sterling Reputation with all of us...

• Like 3

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

My riding buddy and myself just had a conversation last week regarding this with our Tenere's.

• Like 1

Galfer pads were only a “10%” improvement for me.  The kind of thing that if someone swapped them in the night, I wouldn't have known.

Pumped to see what you’ve done here.  Changed the pivot point between the two ends of the pedal?

• Like 2

This is great news. I’ve recently installed your Galfer pads and they were a huge improvement for me. However the improvement  was in “bite”.  The pedal still seems to move waaay to far. I’m hoping this will fix that?

• Like 1

• Moderators

Following this like a dog to a bone.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Sounds intriguing.

• Like 1

"What the hell's a 'farkle'? Oh... I... have all the farkles." 😑🤦🏻‍♂️

• Supporting Vendor
15 hours ago, T7MapleLeaf said:

Galfer pads were only a “10%” improvement for me.  The kind of thing that if someone swapped them in the night, I wouldn't have known.

Pumped to see what you’ve done here.  Changed the pivot point between the two ends of the pedal?

You'll have to wait and see 😉

• Like 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, kainic said:

when?

2-3 weeks.

• Like 5

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Count me in for one of these.  I just picked up my T7 2 days ago and after only 150 miles I realized that the rear brake is really crappy.  Looking forward to this mod.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

The pedal travel is cut substantially. It's nice and firm rather than the mushy OEM feel.

The T7 isn't going anywhere, it's my favorite of the bunch!

Now that the cats out of the bag, 2-3 weeks is going to be a long wait! 

I can’t imagine how your going to accomplish these improvements with just a pedal.  But this should save me a bunch of winter work as I was planing to put all new seals in the master and caliper just to see if I could make an improvement. So thanks!

• Like 1

Breaking news! 

I thought I was going crazy, even had my buddy get on the bike and see if he could actuate it better. Coming from the WR250R which has crazy rear stopping power, can't wait for this. It will go on the shelf of "I wish I had more time for these projects" just like the one finger clutch I bought 😂

• Like 1