Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

"The Fix" T7 Rear Brake Pedal

Camel ADV

I have zero welding experience, but I think I can tell this is awesome work.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

Welding started today... lots of work ahead of us but I'm very happy with how things are coming along! I hate to bury that weld under powder coat..

IMG_3586.JPG

Is that robotic weld?  If not wow! Beautiful welding

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
56 minutes ago, Liquidape said:

Is that robotic weld?  If not wow! Beautiful welding

Yup, a robot named Matt 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

2 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Welding started today... lots of work ahead of us but I'm very happy with how things are coming along! I hate to bury that weld under powder coat..

Dumb question: does it have to be?

advgoats.com

3 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

IMG_3586.JPG

Passivate and electropolish. I presume that was a pulse TIG done by a steady hand.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, Rider 101 said:

Passivate and electropolish. I presume that was a pulse TIG done by a steady hand.

Yup, pulse TIG on a rotating weld positioner (with a steady hand).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

a robot named Matt

Matt welding...

image.png.27c28fa0f95715e13e9e7cf92ae7d2c5.png

"Klaatu barada nikto"

• Haha 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• Supporting Vendor
20 hours ago, random1781 said:

Dumb question: does it have to be?

If the main body material was a brushed finish we wouldn't powder coat it but the standard dull finish is, well... dull. 

Can certainly attest on the welding.    My Enduro mid-pipe arrived today, and the welds on it are a sight to behold.

Looking forward to see what this brake pedal is about!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Look at what just appeared on YT. 

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Supporting Vendor
13 minutes ago, AZJW said:

Look at what just appeared on YT. 

It caught me off guard! It was scheduled for later today... stupid timezones 🙃

• Like 3

• Moderators

Matt is an absolute craftsman.   I might buy an extra for wall art!  

@Camel ADV sorry Cory, didn't mean to steal your thunder posting your video.  I just ordered two brake pedals to help the cause!  

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

@Camel ADV With the new profile of the pedal, can it be lowered about 1.5" below stock to accommodate lowered foot pegs?  It looks like it will work, and if not, a plate between the pedal and the pad would be sufficient.

My background is in product engineering and manufacturing support and I want to commend you guys on an outstanding job with this design.  It sure looks like you have not only covered all the potential issues, but you have also thoroughly tested it before releasing to the public.

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, jk94 said:

Best UK distributor anyone? 😀

Rugged Roads already has some pre-ordered. We'll get dealers orders sent out as soon as we get stock built.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, Hollybrook said:

@Camel ADV With the new profile of the pedal, can it be lowered about 1.5" below stock to accommodate lowered foot pegs?  It looks like it will work, and if not, a plate between the pedal and the pad would be sufficient.

My background is in product engineering and manufacturing support and I want to commend you guys on an outstanding job with this design.  It sure looks like you have not only covered all the potential issues, but you have also thoroughly tested it before releasing to the public.

Thanks for your kind words. I truly enjoy the problem solving aspect of my job. 

1.5" lowered pegs... I'm not sure how that will work, it's a big drop. Your idea of a drop plate maybe the easiest (and best solution) as it will keep the pedal tip parallel to the ground. Rotating the pedal down that much will create a bit of an angle on the tip itself.

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, AZJW said:

Matt is an absolute craftsman.   I might buy an extra for wall art!  

@Camel ADV sorry Cory, didn't mean to steal your thunder posting your video.  I just ordered two brake pedals to help the cause!  

You didn't steal my thunder at all. I scheduled the video for 2pm MST (or so I thought) so I was a bit surprised when I started getting emails about the video at 12:15pm. I was hoping to get pics and info posted here and on our site at the same time as the video appeared.

This is a generation or two old so the usual, "Actual product my vary from photo" applies but it's basically the same.

IMG_3621.JPG

• Like 7

I knew this was coming but this blew my expectations out of the water. Imo this has to be the best T7 mod to date(after suspension). Watched the video and ordered immediately, solely on the promise of less pedal travel.  I hate slamming my oe lever into the dirt only to catch my toes on a stump or rock. Also not being able to push the brake through the stroke while sitting was an issue. Plus side I got way better at riding the tight stuff standing. Thank you Cory, other testers, and team for making this happen. 

• Like 1

Placing an order now. Very impressed with the video Cory! I wait anxiously for the folding lever. I know I'm probably going to beat the crap out of this lever already 😁

• Like 1

Looks pretty cool. Since the brake tips are replaceable, is it safe to assume you would be offering those as well? Any chance of you offering large-ish brake tips in the future?

I appreciate the time to explain the design choices/process behind everything. Mine is pre-ordered!

• Like 1

advgoats.com

@Camel ADV Looks super duper. Quality materials.

I got lost a bit on the increased leverage but less ankle movement.... Same pivot point, and same position of master cylinder... I wish that Archimedes guy was a member here. Maybe a lightbulb will come on for me when I get it in my hands!

Being stiffer (less flex), stronger spring, and less friction are all easy for my wee mind get have a handle on. Well done!!

Do we get an autographed picture of Matt with the first 100 sold?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Would love to order but with the monopoly money Aussie dollar postage for the brake and clutch lever comes to $113 which is a bit of a deal breaker.

• Like 1

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.