Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

"The Fix" T7 Rear Brake Pedal

Camel ADV

On 11/16/2022 at 2:47 PM, AZJW said:

tumblr_n8efyjlU6b1tdfr61o1_r1_1280.jpg.11210d31004bae0068d7ea60b6196506.jpg

What a difference!   Test rode mine today, no comparison between "The Fix" and the long travel oem "light switch" pedal.   The Camel brake gives a tactile feel within the expected travel to bring the bike to a stop predictably.   I'd venture to guess it has reduced my stopping distance on pavement as well as dirt, it's that good!

Yes, my bike is starting to look like a Camel-ADV ad, but you can't find better stuff IMHO. Great job Cory!

20221116_114806.jpg.a0785be9aa576b70c4464d76e05cc38e.jpg

Note:  If installing on a T7 with a first Gen Gut Guard, you'll need to drop the Gut Guard down to access and properly torque the engine support bar bolts. 

You need to add the Camel ADV tail-tidy!

I really like the red and white bikes… 

43 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

Update 2 (18/11/2022)

Gilfer brake pads have now replaced the stock pads front and rear. However, the problem I see is the pedal bottoming out on the main bracket due to the Bosley pegs being 20mm lower. I have new AltRider pegs arriving Tuesday and once installed, I believe this setup should resolve all issues. Update 3 will come next week.

Shoot. I’m guessing there’s no way this will work on my bike. 
I have peg lowering brackets and lower pegs. 

1 hour ago, Hollybrook said:

I think @Camel ADV is working on a fix for lowered pegs. 

I hope they are. I think there are a lot of riders out there that are over 6', that have gone to lower pegs. I have and I won't be going back to standard pegs no matter how good this "fix" is - my knees are much happier on my lowered pegs.

On another note for those of us whose bikes are starting to look like "T7 Camel Adv Editions" (me: enduro exhaust, bash plate, anti-booble-head, kickstand, 1-finger clutch, and tail-tidy) shouldn't we get the "fix" as a free customer appreciation gift? 🤣😆😂.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Arrived in Italy too !

16687866178620.jpg

16687866179211.jpg

16687866179552.jpg

Edited by 365moto.eu
  • Like 3

On 11/18/2022 at 8:45 AM, YukonPete said:

I hope they are. I think there are a lot of riders out there that are over 6', that have gone to lower pegs. I have and I won't be going back to standard pegs no matter how good this "fix" is - my knees are much happier on my lowered pegs.

On another note for those of us whose bikes are starting to look like "T7 Camel Adv Editions" (me: enduro exhaust, bash plate, anti-booble-head, kickstand, 1-finger clutch, and tail-tidy) shouldn't we get the "fix" as a free customer appreciation gift? 🤣😆😂.

He's said they're looking into it - hopefully it's not a long time out, as I'd really love one of these kits.  I kind of hate the rear brake as it is, it's my biggest complaint about the bike.  But, like you, I couldn't go back to standard pegs - lowered pegs are so, so much better on my knees transitioning back and forth between standing and seated, and how it lowers the rest of your body while standing has a substantial impact on the positioning and posture of your upper body vs the handlebars.  

Yeah, you can ride the bike as a tall person, but you aren't riding it as it was designed - it feels normal, because you're too big for every bike you ride and that's just "normal" to you - but when designing the bike for rider ergonomics, they're doing it assuming a substantially shorter rider.  Lowering the pegs gets you much closer to the designed rider ergonomics, putting your knees and various bends where Yamaha intended they be.  And man, does it ever make a difference.  I've got the 30mm lowered pegs, 41mm taller SC Tall Rally seat, and 30mm raised bars.  Puts the bars 11mm lower than stock while seated (relative to your body; much sportier feeling) but 60mm taller than stock while standing allowing you to actually stand upright instead of always being hunched over (way easier on the back if you're standing for a long time).  

Also, it's really funny when someone who's 5'8"-5'10" tries to ride your Tall Person Modified T7 😃  They have to start moving off the bike and hop on, because they can't get the kickstand up while seated and not moving.    I like to think of it as theft deterrence.  If you can't ride my bike, it's a lot harder to steal it 🙂

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I didn’t touch the pedal height when I put on my lowered Pivot Pegz, hopefully the new pedal can go to the stock position for me.

• Like 3

• Moderators

We now have two " fixes" in the family. 😀

20221121_184524.jpg

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

16 minutes ago, AZJW said:

We now have two " fixes" in the family. 😀

20221121_184524.jpg

Congratulations on the new additions to the family, they are so handsome...

• Thanks 1

I have to say, I'm so very impressed with this. Corey, you're doing an amazing job! Thank you! I was able to test it out both on road and off. Ist a drastic improvement from stock. 

20221116_162530~2.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Accident_prone said:

I have to say, I'm so very impressed with this. Corey, you're doing an amazing job! Thank you! I was able to test it out both on road and off. Ist a drastic improvement from stock. 

20221116_162530~2.jpg

Amen to that Brother !

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 12:20 PM, DuncMan said:

I'm 5' 10" mate. 😄 The thing is, the T700 is by default designed for tall folks. It's too high for us normal guys so we have to lower it a tad to make things work so all of this kit you'd have thought would be designed for guys who are at least 6' plus?

I'm not sure it's necessarily designed for tall people, it's just that with a twin motor and 7+ inches of travel, you end up with seat height which is pretty high for a lot of folks.

• Like 3

I have a tendency to dump my bike on the right side, and within a couple weeks of having my Tenere I had mangled the brake pedal pretty good. We just did a pretty gnarly (for us!) dual sport ride with the new pedal, and despite a good half dozen drops on the right side, there were no issues. On that note, this brake pedal is completely unnoticeable. I mean that in the sense that, as a rider, you really shouldn't be putting that much thought into your brake pedal. It should just work. The stock one didn't, but this one does, so "The Fix" is a pretty apt name for it.

PXL_20221120_165046769.jpg.8c8207253ea854378f83f3582dddaf46.jpg

• Like 6

advgoats.com

19 minutes ago, random1781 said:

I have a tendency to dump my bike on the right side, and within a couple weeks of having my Tenere I had mangled the brake pedal pretty good. We just did a pretty gnarly (for us!) dual sport ride with the new pedal, and despite a good half dozen drops on the right side, there were no issues. On that note, this brake pedal is completely unnoticeable. I mean that in the sense that, as a rider, you really shouldn't be putting that much thought into your brake pedal. It should just work. The stock one didn't, but this one does, so "The Fix" is a pretty apt name for it.

PXL_20221120_165046769.jpg.8c8207253ea854378f83f3582dddaf46.jpg

It is tucked in pretty tight and should only bend with a direct hit. I am feeling that just dumping on the right side it won't be touched. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SO_Rider said:

I'm not sure it's necessarily designed for tall people, it's just that with a twin motor and 7+ inches of travel, you end up with seat height which is pretty high for a lot of folks.

I wish people would actually use their brain before bitching about seat height. With longer suspension travel comes seat height if you want something that is even remotely comfortable. 
It’s pretty simple, more travel means a taller bike. 
I’m sure there’s a magic minimum distance between pegs and seat that all the manufacturers know.

It’s pretty simple math, you need more ground clearance than you have suspension travel and your pegs can’t be lower than the bottom of the bike and you can’t have your heels touching your ass yada yada yada. 

Edited by mpatch

• Supporting Vendor

Thank you all for The Fix feedback! It's great to hear that other riders get what we do! I have a huge favor to ask... if you have not already PLEASE post a product review on our site. It doesn't need to be in depth, a few words will do. Simply click the link on the product pager and off you go! These reviews are a huge help to us and to people that are considering purchasing this (or any other product).

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 1.07.03 PM.png

• Like 4

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

On 11/20/2022 at 1:20 PM, DuncMan said:

I'm 5' 10" mate. 😄 The thing is, the T700 is by default designed for tall folks. It's too high for us normal guys so we have to lower it a tad to make things work so all of this kit you'd have thought would be designed for guys who are at least 6' plus?

So, the problem when talking about the T7 and tall vs. short folks is that there's two totally different things that people smash together.

There's ergonomics while riding, and then there is seat height and it's relevance when stopped with feet on the ground.  Seat height does impact ergos of course, but only relative to the heights of the bars and pegs, not really relative to the ground. 

The T7 is a very tall bike, for sure.  But it's not a bike made for tall people any more than any other, not really.  The relationships between footpeg:seat:handlebars are absolutely no more open than on more "accessible" lower-seat height adventure bikes, and that's what's really important once your riding for actual comfort. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 2:28 PM, mpatch said:

I wish people would actually use their brain before bitching about seat height. With longer suspension travel comes seat height if you want something that is even remotely comfortable. 
It’s pretty simple, more travel means a taller bike. 
I’m sure there’s a magic minimum distance between pegs and seat that all the manufacturers know.

It’s pretty simple math, you need more ground clearance than you have suspension travel and your pegs can’t be lower than the bottom of the bike and you can’t have your heels touching your ass yada yada yada. 

Exactly!  

"I’m sure there’s a magic minimum distance between pegs and seat that all the manufacturers know."

This is what I'm saying.  The peg:seat:bar ratios are designed around a specific rider size.  Every bit taller you are, the more bend you'll have in your knees and hips, the higher your knees will be relative to your hips and the more difficult it'll be to transition between standing and sitting.  Likewise with bars to the seat.  Most bigger people adapt to this by getting bar risers, which help your upper body, but do nothing for your lower body.  As a result, the taller you are, the less you're going to be in the position the manufacturer  intends your body to be in while riding, and that's the important factor.  

It often seems the differences are small, and for most bikes they are - you tend to just get used to however a bike holds your body or that bike just isn't for you.  Adventure bikes are a significant outlier here, however, because we stand a lot.  The way I like to demonstrate this is getting someone to sit on a low chair - one where their knees are higher than their hips - and to stand up and sit down without using your their hands.  The "very comfy couch" factor, if you will, where it becomes strikingly more difficult to stand up again without levering yourself up with your arms or throwing your upper body weight forward.  Then sit on a taller chair (or stack a couple books there to make it so), with your knees below your hips and stand up from there.  It's trivially easy, and you can do it without having to pull with your arms or move your body weight around.  Both are crucially important particularly when riding a motorcycle offroad, as applying pressure to the bars and moving your weight around have real impacts.  

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 11/24/2022 at 3:02 AM, DuncMan said:

Done!!

Appreciated! Thanks for the review updates as well.

• Like 1

Waiting, waiting. Must be a long way from Canada to Australia 🤣

With a bit of luck Adventure Moto will have them in time for the jolly red man to deliver.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

1 minute ago, Rider 101 said:

With a bit of luck Adventure Moto will have them in time for the jolly red man to deliver.

Worth the wait. 

• Like 1

Mine is send of this evening from Rally Motor together with the Camel footpegs.
The app says it will be delivered next Tuesday.
Next weekend i'm going to change te tyres and this can be done at the same time.

Can't wait to get some control over the rear brake.

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor
8 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

Shipping from Canada to Australia is absolutely painful. Thanks for your patience.

2 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Shipping from Canada to Australia is absolutely painful. Thanks for your patience.

6days for me. Can rarely get something that quick from 2hrs away.

Great product and great service and the little goodies so thank you very much!

• Like 2

It supposed to come in on Tuesday but apparently they also work on Sunday and this was delivered just a moment ago...
IMG_20221127_151043.jpg.367325de3d235251a8a8f8c37547ba4c.jpg

I think i retreat to the garage...

• Like 3