Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

"The Fix" T7 Rear Brake Pedal

Camel ADV

On 2/22/2023 at 12:12 AM, Camel ADV said:

No ETA at the moment. It won't be a dropdown bracket ...we have a box of them... they look like garbage so it'll be a new tip.

So, any updates? Would love to give the fix a try, but it needs to work with my lowered Bosley's.

Just want to say thanks to Corey & Camel ADV - I ordered various items (including 'the fix') which were dispatched from Canada a day or two prior to Christmas & they arrived today in Adelaide, South Australia. I was expecting freight to take around 6 weeks - maybe longer due to Christmas. All items were very well packaged, arrived safe & unmarked, & appear great quality. 

Will hopefully have time to install the goodies sometime over the coming week - depending on my working hours. Instructions for the 'fix' also appear to be very clear & straight forward. 

Will update when all installed & trialled 😀

• Like 7

• Supporting Vendor
On 1/1/2024 at 8:36 PM, Petefix said:

Just want to say thanks to Corey & Camel ADV - I ordered various items (including 'the fix') which were dispatched from Canada a day or two prior to Christmas & they arrived today in Adelaide, South Australia. I was expecting freight to take around 6 weeks - maybe longer due to Christmas. All items were very well packaged, arrived safe & unmarked, & appear great quality. 

Will hopefully have time to install the goodies sometime over the coming week - depending on my working hours. Instructions for the 'fix' also appear to be very clear & straight forward. 

Will update when all installed & trialled 😀

Great to hear! What was the transit time? If the times have come down, I'll adjust the note on our site.

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Shipped from Camel on 23rd December, delivered to my door 2nd January. Amazingly quick - I think it might have been a random 'one off' event 😀  Be great if this is the 'new normal' for shipping from Canada to Oz!

I have installed 'the fix' (you do the best instructional videos) - simple job. Also fitted the Galfer rear brake pads & the Camel fork shrouds/protectors. Last thing to do is the Galfer front brake pads - oh, & take it for a spin to see how it all comes together. Will be a few days before that happens - working from 'WTF-o'clock' to 'you got to be kidding me' 14 hour shifts for a couple more days yet..

• Supporting Vendor
14 hours ago, Petefix said:

Shipped from Camel on 23rd December, delivered to my door 2nd January. Amazingly quick - I think it might have been a random 'one off' event 😀  Be great if this is the 'new normal' for shipping from Canada to Oz!

I have installed 'the fix' (you do the best instructional videos) - simple job. Also fitted the Galfer rear brake pads & the Camel fork shrouds/protectors. Last thing to do is the Galfer front brake pads - oh, & take it for a spin to see how it all comes together. Will be a few days before that happens - working from 'WTF-o'clock' to 'you got to be kidding me' 14 hour shifts for a couple more days yet..

Wow, that is quick; especially over the holidays. It shipped postal?

Delivered via courier at this end (DHL maybe?) but they partner with our postal service so not sure. Have thrown out the delivery docket / waybill so cant be sure. It takes longer for our postal service to deliver from city-city here.. 

• Like 1

Finally got out for a ride yesterday - no dirt, tar only (was with a Triumph Street Triple 765RS & a Harley of some sort..), about a tank of fuel distance wise. Beautiful day, mix of hills & coastal riding. The new brake pedal is great - minimal movement now needed & a brake that actually works! Should be even better once the rear pads bed in properly. Have not yet replaced the fronts with the Galfers but that will happen soon.

Apart from installing 'the fix' & rear Galfer pads, since the last ride I also removed the crash bars, tank bag, & tightened the loose engine mounts. The bike felt a lot better this time - much less 'squidgy' on the road. I put this down to the correctly torqued engine mounts (LH side was very loose prior), tyres inflated to suit sealed roads, & a couple of kg's less weight up high. Even pushing the bike around in shed the balance feels better - might just be psychological, but I like it!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Petefix said:

Finally got out for a ride yesterday - no dirt, tar only (was with a Triumph Street Triple 765RS & a Harley of some sort..), about a tank of fuel distance wise. Beautiful day, mix of hills & coastal riding. The new brake pedal is great - minimal movement now needed & a brake that actually works! Should be even better once the rear pads bed in properly. Have not yet replaced the fronts with the Galfers but that will happen soon.

Apart from installing 'the fix' & rear Galfer pads, since the last ride I also removed the crash bars, tank bag, & tightened the loose engine mounts. The bike felt a lot better this time - much less 'squidgy' on the road. I put this down to the correctly torqued engine mounts (LH side was very loose prior), tyres inflated to suit sealed roads, & a couple of kg's less weight up high. Even pushing the bike around in shed the balance feels better - might just be psychological, but I like it!

Regarding the lost weight: I've removed my crash bars recently as well and noticed the same thing in the garage - slightly improved handling, I didn't trust my feeling as well 😂

Still thinking whether I'll get the Fix for myself or not. Problem is that the bi-annual inspection (similar to the DOT inspection in GB I think) might not like it, since it's a non-certified part. And removal isn't as easy as, for example, a front brake lever.

8 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Regarding the lost weight: I've removed my crash bars recently as well and noticed the same thing in the garage - slightly improved handling, I didn't trust my feeling as well 😂

Still thinking whether I'll get the Fix for myself or not. Problem is that the bi-annual inspection (similar to the DOT inspection in GB I think) might not like it, since it's a non-certified part. And removal isn't as easy as, for example, a front brake lever.

@Camel ADV  Cory do you have any information about The FIX and GB DOT?

6 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Don't remove the brake pedal. Just remove the Camel logo (sorry for that, Cory) on it and nobody takes care of the brake pedal at the "HU" (Hauptuntersuchung, german general inspection for security reasons on all street legal and registered vehicles)

Edited by Ede-DE
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Ede-DE said:

Don't remove the brake pedal. Just remove the Camel logo (sorry for that, Cory) on it and nobody takes care of the brake pedal at the "HU" (Hauptuntersuchung, german general inspection for security reasons on all street legal and registered vehicles)

That's what I had in mind already. Getting the Fix without the riveted logo would be even more stealth (no holes).

To think you’d have to concern yourself with the safety police rejecting “non-certified parts” that are actually improvements to more hazardous oem equipment, epitomizes the ironic absurdities of the 21st century nanny states we’re being coddled by. Utter, bureaucratic regulatory, BS.

Edited by Hammerhead
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Hammerhead said:

To think you’d have to concern yourself with the safety police rejecting “non-certified parts” that are actually improvements to more hazardous oem equipment, epitomizes the ironic absurdities of the 21st century nanny states we’re being coddled by. Utter, bureaucratic regulatory, BS.

I couldn't agree more.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Supporting Vendor

I know, I know... about f'n time!

Finally, we have folding Fix pedal tips available. You can order a new pedal with the folding tip option, or if you already have a pedal, you can order just the tip.

The base, pin, and spring are all stainless steel; the tip is billet aluminum. I tested several versions of this part on our T7 for most of last season. When I reached this iteration, I knew we had a winner. I abused the hell out of this thing and it took it all.

Pedal with tip:

https://camel-adv.com/collections/yamaha-700-tenere-t7-parts-and-accessories/products/the-fix-t7-rear-brake-pedal?variant=47990554919231

Just the tip:

https://camel-adv.com/collections/yamaha-700-tenere-t7-parts-and-accessories/products/replacement-tips-for-the-fix-brake-pedal?variant=47990757785919

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_8437.jpeg

IMG_4436.jpeg

• Like 3

Looks great!

Did you ever come up with a solution for those using lowered pegs?

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

Perfect timing! Was about to order The Fix yesterday. @Camel ADV Any idea when you'll have Tail Tidy, LED conversion kit and 1-Finger Clutch back in stock? I would like to place the order all together.

• Supporting Vendor
13 minutes ago, Tseven said:

Perfect timing! Was about to order The Fix yesterday. @Camel ADV Any idea when you'll have Tail Tidy, LED conversion kit and 1-Finger Clutch back in stock? I would like to place the order all together.

Tail Tidies are being welded today, then powder coating... back mid-next week. 1FC kits are being assembled tomorrow/Monday.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
47 minutes ago, Simmons1 said:

Looks great!

Did you ever come up with a solution for those using lowered pegs?

We're doing some testing.

• Like 1

Thank you!

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750