Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

"The Fix" T7 Rear Brake Pedal

Camel ADV

• Supporting Vendor
On 12/12/2022 at 3:15 PM, Firebolter said:

got mine today, nice piece of gear Cory. I love the riveted Camel tag, looks handmade and quality. Nice bearing in the pivot-Installing this weekend!

Great to hear, I'm glad you're happy with it!

• Like 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

I'd like to say I love mine but..............................................................................................😴

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

On 12/8/2022 at 6:54 PM, Hollybrook said:

I think the only way to lower the pegs without pushing your foot away from the bike is to change the mount rather than the foot peg.  I may look into that in the future.

I have been staring at that mount for ages.  It seems reversible, might have to swop sides,but it should be lower.  I have lower pegs so don't need to fiddle.

On 12/13/2022 at 6:19 PM, Camel ADV said:

The new larger tips are being welded this week. They will be optional on the site. You will have to select the size you want in the drop down menu. All the kits are shipping with a revised spring.

Cool. I watched the update video this morning. Once the adapter for lower pegs and the larger peddle size are available, I'll be ordering.  I don't see it anywhere on the site, but are replacement tips going to be available? I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to have one around as a spare.

On 12/8/2022 at 10:54 AM, Hollybrook said:

I think the only way to lower the pegs without pushing your foot away from the bike is to change the mount rather than the foot peg.  I may look into that in the future.

I hate to mention another vendor in Cory's thread, but...

I have the Kedo mounts on my bike.

Tenere 700 Lowered Footpeg Bracket

Great guy to deal with, long story, but he went above and beyond to fix an issue. I see just the mounts are sold out, so if you need pegs too, you could get the entire set up.

BTW, I'm 5'9" with about a 29-30" inseam. I lowered my pegs because of a lowered seat and arthiritic knees. It also effectively raised my bars, so it opened up my seating position and made going from sitting to standing easier.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 9:57 AM, norton73 said:

I hate to mention another vendor in Cory's thread, but...

I have the Kedo mounts on my bike.

Tenere 700 Lowered Footpeg Bracket

Great guy to deal with, long story, but he went above and beyond to fix an issue. I see just the mounts are sold out, so if you need pegs too, you could get the entire set up.

BTW, I'm 5'9" with about a 29-30" inseam. I lowered my pegs because of a lowered seat and arthiritic knees. It also effectively raised my bars, so it opened up my seating position and made going from sitting to standing easier.

Oh, I love those.  If I had enough spare cash kicking around to get them *and* some pegs, I'd totally do that.  I love my lowered pegs desperately, but the brackets pushing my feet outwards are definitely a downside.  Excellent product; just spendy when you're adding aftermarket pegs too.  Also bears noting these are not compatible with the factory rearstand should you have one.

When I tightened main bolt that goes through pedal it would bind. I just snugged it up until it reached binding point then let the lock tite do its job.  

I was wondering why there was no mention of this on installation video.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, mcbrien said:

When I tightened main bolt that goes through pedal it would bind. I just snugged it up until it reached binding point then let the lock tite do its job.  

If you put @Camel ADV in your message, Cory will be notified of your question.  Or you could ask about it privately by emailing him at 

Email: sales-support1@camel-adv.com

As @norton73 noted, in the video at 1:05 he addresses a possible spring issue that he can replace if needed. 

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

10 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Oh, I love those.  If I had enough spare cash kicking around to get them *and* some pegs, I'd totally do that.  I love my lowered pegs desperately, but the brackets pushing my feet outwards are definitely a downside.  Excellent product; just spendy when you're adding aftermarket pegs too.  Also bears noting these are not compatible with the factory rearstand should you have one.

I'd worry a lot more about the lowered pedals pushing my feet outwards if the clutch cover wasn't so intrusive to my calf area.  As it is, the wider foot position helps avoid calf pain. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hollybrook said:

I'd worry a lot more about the lowered pedals pushing my feet outwards if the clutch cover wasn't so intrusive to my calf area.  As it is, the wider foot position helps avoid calf pain. 

Yeah, for sure.  I found I ended up "toes out" an awful lot before switching to the bosley pegs.  It didn't bother me as much, but as I've always been a "toes in!" preacher it kind of bugged me 🙂

I've seriously considered making some sort of grippy rubber brace to mount above the peg bracket somehow to get a better grip with my ankles, but I've had so little free time lately nothing has happened there.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
7 hours ago, mcbrien said:

Please PM your name or order number so we can get a spring headed your way.

• Like 1

Fat old bastard won't be doing Christmas this year. I'll give him bloody ho, ho, ho 🤣

• Haha 2

I recently fitted my Camel Adv Fix pedal and found the process fairly straight forward, even though I have the OEM center stand fitted.

Not yet ridden the bike off road, but on steep downhill asphalt surface road where I live and with the ABS off,  I am able to lock the rear wheel quite easily. With the OEM pedal in the same scenario, the bike would just keep moving.

First impressions are therefore very positive.

• Like 5

Well I'll be buggered!

image.png.74dad4a927e2f8eec9b04430360fa880.png

Adventure Moto have them in stock. I will order shortly. 🤩

• Like 2

@Rider 101$490!! Yes, you have been buggered!

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Aussie dollars. Might as well be Monopoly money!

Direct from Camel is just shy of US $300 which = $450 AUD and could take a while to get here.

$490 from Adventure Moto and usually 1 - 2 working days. As it is the silly season I might see it mid next week.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

We got some time to get jigs made and we started welding the bigger "Street" pedal tips. They are about 65% wider than the original "Enduro" tips. Both are available for purchase separately on the website here: Replacement tips for The Fix

If you're ordering a new pedal kit, make sure to select the tip size you want at the top of The Fix product page.

We are currently sold out of pedals. They (and the tips) will start shipping again after the Christmas-New Year's break.

IMG_3897.JPG

IMG_3898.JPG

Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 3.37.31 PM.png

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, Rider 101 said:

Aussie dollars. Might as well be Monopoly money!

Direct from Camel is just shy of US $300 which = $450 AUD and could take a while to get here.

$490 from Adventure Moto and usually 1 - 2 working days. As it is the silly season I might see it mid next week.

$300USD estimate seems high. $149USD for the pedal and the shipping options are $23.49-$95.47. Even at the highest priced shipping option, it's $244.47. UPS Expedited is about a week and it's $30.31 so $179.31 USD total. The shipping address I entered is a random one in Sydney. If you're in the middle of nowhere Australia, it could be a lot higher but just shy of $300USD seem off.

Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 3.51.07 PM.png

@Camel ADV, I never came across a vendor that was as much on top of everything as you are. Everything from R&D, to riding and testing on your own bikes, to answering questions, to figuring shipping, to sending a replacement spring to that guy last week.... Amazing!

• Like 8

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

postage to Australia 2870 was AUD$35 which arrived on my doorstep in just 15 days.

Total AUD was $261.

This is another quality item from a great bloke, thanks Cory.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
3 hours ago, Hibobb said:

@Camel ADV, I never came across a vendor that was as much on top of everything as you are. Everything from R&D, to riding and testing on your own bikes, to answering questions, to figuring shipping, to sending a replacement spring to that guy last week.... Amazing!

We do what we can 😉

• Like 1

I just jumped on your web site and the price comes up as $226 plus postage.............oops AUD

Too late; Steve gets the cash and risk if there is an issue.

Merry Christmas

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So the fat old bastard turned up yesterday with a package 🥳

Now for a bit of spanner work.

• Like 3