Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

"The Fix" T7 Rear Brake Pedal

Camel ADV

34 minutes ago, Rider 101 said:

Would love to order but with the monopoly money Aussie dollar postage for the brake and clutch lever comes to $113 which is a bit of a deal breaker.

I'm in the same boat. Need an Aussie group buy.....

• Like 1

Had a feel of the test one here in Aus,

it’s the duck’s nuts.

very much looking forward to getting one!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DanDoesStunts said:

Had a feel of the test one here in Aus,

it’s the duck’s nuts.

very much looking forward to getting one!

Where? RideAdv's Mr Yager?

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

34 minutes ago, Rider 101 said:

Where? RideAdv's Mr Yager?

Yeah, I went to grab a set of racks today and had a squiz at it.

• Like 3

Really well done and explained, learn't a lot from that video!

Noticed you mentioned you reduced the factory bend, does that or the new pivot affect the rear brake light activation time? 

Also, for users with Pivot Pegs, that use the 1/2" lower option, I have the current lever set to about the lowest to accommodate for them and boots, will the fix work with those? 

And finally, is there a new brake tip option coming anytime, possibly like the ALTrider ones, or the on/off road switchable BMW style ones? 

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
12 hours ago, Hibobb said:

@Camel ADV Looks super duper. Quality materials.

I got lost a bit on the increased leverage but less ankle movement.... Same pivot point, and same position of master cylinder... I wish that Archimedes guy was a member here. Maybe a lightbulb will come on for me when I get it in my hands!

Being stiffer (less flex), stronger spring, and less friction are all easy for my wee mind get have a handle on. Well done!!

Do we get an autographed picture of Matt with the first 100 sold?

We’ve reduced the leverage ratio which means a firmer pedal and less ankle rotation to apply the brake. Basically it’s the reverse idea of the 1 Finger Clutch set-up.

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• Supporting Vendor
13 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

Would love to order but with the monopoly money Aussie dollar postage for the brake and clutch lever comes to $113 which is a bit of a deal breaker.

Shipping from Canada to Australia has gotten completely out of hand. Tracked postal was expensive and now taking 5-6 weeks to arrive. We were getting constant complaints and 1-star reviews because shipments were taking so long to arrive. We simply turned off the postal shipping option.

UPS is expensive but arrives in about a week. Alternatively, Adventure Moto in Sydney is our dealer in Australia. 

We have a lot of customers in Australia and truly wish better shipping options were available to us.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Shipping from Canada to Australia has gotten completely out of hand. Tracked postal was expensive and now taking 5-6 weeks to arrive. We were getting constant complaints and 1-star reviews because shipments were taking so long to arrive. We simply turned off the postal shipping option.

UPS is expensive but arrives in about a week. Alternatively, Adventure Moto in Sydney is our dealer in Australia. 

We have a lot of customers in Australia and truly wish better shipping options were available to us.

Thanks Cory,

I keep an eye on Adventure Moto ( I have an account with them ) and as soon as Steve gets them in I will be ordering. There are plenty of T7s in Oz so I would presume he will be placing an order with you.

• Supporting Vendor
4 minutes ago, Rider 101 said:

Thanks Cory,

I keep an eye on Adventure Moto ( I have an account with them ) and as soon as Steve gets them in I will be ordering. There are plenty of T7s in Oz so I would presume he will be placing an order with you.

We've got an order from him here already. It'll get filled when we can!

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor
On 10/26/2022 at 7:12 PM, DonaNobisPacem said:

Looks pretty cool. Since the brake tips are replaceable, is it safe to assume you would be offering those as well? Any chance of you offering large-ish brake tips in the future?

We'll definitely have replacement tips available. We're making about 25% more tips than we need for pedals so there will be lots available for spares 😉

We need to get the folding lever sorted out first then will look at larger tips. 

• Supporting Vendor
15 hours ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Really well done and explained, learn't a lot from that video!

Noticed you mentioned you reduced the factory bend, does that or the new pivot affect the rear brake light activation time? 

Also, for users with Pivot Pegs, that use the 1/2" lower option, I have the current lever set to about the lowest to accommodate for them and boots, will the fix work with those? 

And finally, is there a new brake tip option coming anytime, possibly like the ALTrider ones, or the on/off road switchable BMW style ones? 

The brake light is triggered at the back of the pedal so that doesn't change with the different shape. We kept the same style adjuster so the Yamaha brake light switch adjust instructions will be exactly the same as stock.

The pedal is as adjustable as the OEM unit. If you found a good setting for the OEM pedal, you will for this one too.

We're flat out right now trying to get the pedals produced. The folding tip is in the works but it's not the top of the list currently.

• Like 5

On 10/26/2022 at 5:10 PM, Camel ADV said:

1.5" lowered pegs... I'm not sure how that will work, it's a big drop. Your idea of a drop plate maybe the easiest (and best solution) as it will keep the pedal tip parallel to the ground. Rotating the pedal down that much will create a bit of an angle on the tip itself.

@Camel ADV I saw in one of your other comments that the new pedal has the same adjustment range as the OEM one. If that is the case, I'm thinking I can just slot the screw holes in the tip to get the right orientation as I have already lowered the OEM pedal to the height I want. 

I'll let you know when mine arrives and I have some time to play with it. 

• Like 2

Rally-motor.nl ordered 10 and i pre-ordered one plus a set Camel footpegs, when i have to work on that part of the bike....
Was not ready to spent money on footpegs as the OEM without the rubber are not real bad but also not perfect but what the hell... i just gona do it.

• Like 3

Since so many are reading this thread I just wanted to share that I had Galfer on the rear and was pleased with the UPGRADE in stopping power with it. I just picked up my bike from a Yamaha dealer that replaced my rear caliper, rotor and put on OEM brake pads. Before I left the dealer I rode around in the parking lot to "feel" the rear OEM pads. At first I thought they hadn't even hooked up the pedal. Pressed it and didn't seem to slow down, and I was just going 10mph. I had forgotten just how bad the OEM brake pads are. 

If you haven't changed to Galfer ( you can purchase them @Camel ADV at the same time as your FIX purchase. You don't know how much rear braking power you are missing. Change to Galfer and add the FIX and we should have a useful rear brake on Tenere 700's- fyi changing pads only requires a needle nose plier. No lengthy disassembly, wrenching, etc etc. It is the easiest upgrade you can do. Just as easy as the rider seat bolts.

Edited by NeilW
  • Like 3

So, I got home today from work to find a package from Camel Adv . The awesome news is that my brake pedal has arrived and it's a great piece of hardware. Bad news, we are in a snow blizzard and I think the snow is here to stay. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I was reading about the 2023 T7 this morning. When I saw the attached headline I thought Yamaha had recognised and corrected the rear brake issues. Apparently not.

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 1.38.10 pm.png

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
59 minutes ago, 174ktm said:

So, I got home today from work to find a package from Camel Adv . The awesome news is that my brake pedal has arrived and it's a great piece of hardware. Bad news, we are in a snow blizzard and I think the snow is here to stay. 

12 minutes ago, luke29ermtb said:

I was reading about the 2023 T7 this morning. When I saw the attached headline I thought Yamaha had recognised and corrected the rear brake issues. Apparently not.

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 1.38.10 pm.png

I thought the exact same thing when I saw that sentence... there may have been some swearing 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, 174ktm said:

You got your pedal already... the benefit of being local 😉

This is good timing then... the install video is up on YouTube:

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

I thought the exact same thing when I saw that sentence... there may have been some swearing 😉

I'm sure there was after all the effort you've put into The Fix. Anyway, deep breath and onwards...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Ditto 😂

The redesigned clutch lever will follow in 2026.

It seems like the concept of REAL handguards is not yet known to Yamaha. (Sorry for OT)

• Like 1

Flagged with Adventure Moto ( Sydney ) when they are in stock.

Price works out the same as if I bought direct from Camel but I like to support local retailers as well.

Christmas is just around the corner and maybe they will have the one finger clutch lever in stock as well.

Looks like a few hours overtime might have to be done to pay for a few toys 😀

• Like 2

Not house broken yet?

• Haha 5

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~