Camel ADV

And done....
In the box:
IMG_20221127_160118.jpg.6b25840a66955efbf918abe50a65b76b.jpg

Before:

IMG_20221127_152824.jpg.ad38d8e7df457a3718724039cbad00de.jpg

After:

IMG_20221127_170459.jpg.c7d1e8b4a89d96304a6f2948d49056d4.jpg

Yes, there is more done in the same time but this topic is about the fix.

• Like 2

Finally i can make a controlled slide into a corner, in other words it is really a fix.
The new tyres upcoming weekend also i hope, besides the contolled slides it was a lot slipping and sliding on the worn down E07's and i'm surprised i didn't went off at least 3 times.

• Like 4

On 10/15/2022 at 2:33 PM, Camel ADV said:

The pedal travel is cut substantially. It's nice and firm rather than the mushy OEM feel.

I had previously fitted the Galfer pads and after 3100 miles they were toast and the rotor has a nice outer lip on it.  Brake performance was better. 

Fitted The Fix this week with OEM pads and the brake feel and performance is much better.

I was not expecting the very short travel, but will easily get used to it.

Nice part and great service from @Camel ADV

• Like 4

finally ordered mine today! I don't ride the bigger bikes much over the winter anyway, usually only the 300/500 but now, I'll have real brakes on the rear!

And I was watching your video on your homepage Cory, too funny! Me and my buddies were in Moab last year and one of them broke thew right side foot peg on his Beta at Slick Rock-but that is no where near as gnarly as Cliff Hanger is! Good job with the McGiver foot peg fix!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

That would be very easy to manufacture yourself if you have a few tools, mate.

Absolutely.  Cory knows I may make my own, but if he makes one I might buy it instead, especially if the design looks good and it's stainless.  If I make my own, it will be painted steel. 

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
11 hours ago, Hollybrook said:

@Camel ADV any updates on the lowered pad for the Fix to be used by riders with lowered pegs?

It's in the works. 1/4" aluminum, powder coated black. It'll be 2-3 weeks. A larger tip on the way too, about the same timeline.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

2 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

It's in the works. 1/4" aluminum, powder coated black. It'll be 2-3 weeks. A larger tip on the way too, about the same timeline.  

Regarding the larger tip: will it be part of the main assembly? So, will it be a revised "the fix" including a larger tip? Or the tip will be sold separately?

• Supporting Vendor
18 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Regarding the larger tip: will it be part of the main assembly? So, will it be a revised "the fix" including a larger tip? Or the tip will be sold separately?

The larger tip will be available separately or optional at the time of purchase.

1 hour ago, Camel ADV said:

A short video with some Fix update info:

Here is a lesson for every company in the world how to deal with problems on any product.

Thanks Cory, that's how it should be: Communicate issues openly and transparently. Just great!

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Here is a lesson for every company in the world how to deal with problems on any product.

Thanks Cory, that's how it should be: Communicate issues openly and transparently. Just great!

Superb attention to detail

• Like 3

@Camel ADV What a fantastic response to some minor startup glitches!  In this age of poorly tested products released to wide distribution with little responsibility for mistakes, you are showing honesty and integrity. I can only hope other vendors take notice and follow your lead. 

Personally, I am very, very grateful you are making so many products for the T7.  About half of the additions/modifications I have made to mine are from CamelADV and every single one is well thought out, durable and reliable. 

As for the "Fix", I haven't installed mine yet but am pretty sure I can install without needing replacement parts.

One reason people might want the larger pedal is with lowered pegs. Mine are an example of this because they are offset about 1/4"away from the mount to provide additional reinforcement to avoid bending due to the plate used to lower them 30mm.  This also puts the pivot above the footpeg, pushing your foot away from the bike - obviously not desirable, but tolerable to get extra leg room.  Thus, a wider brake pedal moves the pad out a similar amount so you don't have to twist your foot inwards to use the brake. 

• Like 5

IMG_6561.jpeg.7aa3d2b495d55a0370f6ce6b04

You can see what I am talking about in the above photo from this thread:

• Like 3

I think the only way to lower the pegs without pushing your foot away from the bike is to change the mount rather than the foot peg.  I may look into that in the future.

• Like 3

Thanks Cory. Lucky me no issues whatsoever.

I do have big Altrider foot pegs on my T7 but they are not lowered, I like the shape and size of your pedal. Any larger and I would want it to fold. For off-road I just like them smaller (or normal) like it is.

BTW one of the springs on my Altrider pegs was not at specs and had to be replaced by them. Dam hard to get spring suppliers to stick to the script I guess.

Your “owning” the bushing binding is awesome. But don’t lose any sleep over suppliers throwing a few out of spec springs in every box, that’s on them! I certainly don’t expect you to examine every spring, that sucks. And the size and shape of pedals is a no win situation. I like what you gave me. Now you can design another cool product, you’ll be a brake pedal guru 😉

• Like 4

• Supporting Vendor
On 12/8/2022 at 11:59 AM, Husafreak said:

Thanks Cory. Lucky me no issues whatsoever.

I do have big Altrider foot pegs on my T7 but they are not lowered, I like the shape and size of your pedal. Any larger and I would want it to fold. For off-road I just like them smaller (or normal) like it is.

BTW one of the springs on my Altrider pegs was not at specs and had to be replaced by them. Dam hard to get spring suppliers to stick to the script I guess.

Your “owning” the bushing binding is awesome. But don’t lose any sleep over suppliers throwing a few out of spec springs in every box, that’s on them! I certainly don’t expect you to examine every spring, that sucks. And the size and shape of pedals is a no win situation. I like what you gave me. Now you can design another cool product, you’ll be a brake pedal guru 😉

Sh#t happens but obviously I'd prefer it didn't. It will always cause me to lose sleep, it's just who I am.

The sleeve bind is sorted and we now have a redesigned spring that gives us a lot more tolerance to play with so spring bind isn't a concern anymore. All the pedals that have gone out in the last couple weeks are tip-top and the vast majority of the previous units are too.

• Like 7

• Moderators

Same here. The two T7's I've installed "The Fix " on, have and continue to work flawlessly. 

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

@Camel ADV I think the length problem for some people has to do with the bulge from clutch side cover pushing the lower leg and foot outward away from the lever especially if you have big feet and legs. I have used this on both the stock and Camel Lever.

IMG_20221210_170812677~2.jpg

Edited by Simmons1
  • Like 1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / TDR 250 / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

8 hours ago, Simmons1 said:

@Camel ADV I think the length problem for some people has to do with the bulge from clutch side cover pushing the lower leg and foot outward away from the lever especially if you have big feet and legs. I have used this on both the stock and Camel Lever.

IMG_20221210_170812677~2.jpg

Interesting adaptation. Good on ya for creating it. 

• Like 1

It may only be temporary but my foot finds the lever a lot easier now. 

• Like 3

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / TDR 250 / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

got mine today, nice piece of gear Cory. I love the riveted Camel tag, looks handmade and quality. Nice bearing in the pivot-Installing this weekend!

I was going to order "The Fix" but I want to wait until the bigger pedal is available and the new spring is updated on the website. There are other things as well I want but am willing to wait for the updates before my 2023 comes in....

• Like 1

spring is updated, I just got mine and it clearly states the updated spring and install reference. Pedal size is fine, well for me anyway-it's a dirt bike to me.

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
On 12/12/2022 at 3:37 PM, quakeman3 said:

I was going to order "The Fix" but I want to wait until the bigger pedal is available and the new spring is updated on the website. There are other things as well I want but am willing to wait for the updates before my 2023 comes in....

The new larger tips are being welded this week. They will be optional on the site. You will have to select the size you want in the drop down menu. All the kits are shipping with a revised spring.

• Like 5