Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Slamming and banging offroad

Camel ADV

On 9/28/2021 at 9:16 AM, UtahJack said:

@Ol'crazy

I agree the exhaust bracket is an issue, but it's issues can be drastically reduced by getting rid of these massive muffler. Changing to a muffler that is half the size and moving it up so it is attached to the bracket at the front of the muffler gets it out of the way enough so it very rarely make contact when you put the bike down on the right side.

You can see the difference in this photo with my wife's bike in the background with the stock muffler, you may note that I actually cut the stock link pipe off my damaged stock muffler and modified it to use the new slip-on muffler. This way I was able to move the slip-on higher up then when using the link pipe I had originally purchased, this also afforded the use of the stock heat shield. 

20210928_080841.jpgCould you please post the link to where you ordered your exact universal slip on please.   What is the length of the muffler you used? Thank you!!

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2021 at 9:29 PM, projected said:

Looks good to me!  My bike likes that style too 🙂

20210917_162951 square.jpg

Okay, please can you tell us what mid pipe that is?  Looks good.

:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

What you guys do with  those big bikes is amazing (Bordering on mental retardation)! 

Those rocks look fun for a trials bike, not a 450 pound behemoth.

My hat is off to you fellas!!!

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

What did that bike do to deserve that kinda' beating?  

Kudos to you guys.  I couldn't have done it or even attempted it.  The first downhill part was enough for me.  We're going to need a safety meeting and some extra insurance.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

First of a few videos from our March trip to Moab. Andy from Heavy Enduro was on his T7 and our friend Charles was riding his 500 EXC.

Man, you guys are hardcore. Those lines look scary on video so I can only imagine what they look like in person. Kudos for pushing the limits on the big bikes.

• Like 1

• Moderators

This is video evidence of why I don't even hesitate to buy Cory's stuff. There is no way I'll match his " testing" of parts limits, so I know they'll last. Headed to Moab next week myself, but made a note to self, " avoid Hell's Gate". 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Supporting Vendor
12 hours ago, Hibobb said:

What you guys do with  those big bikes is amazing (Bordering on mental retardation)! 

Those rocks look fun for a trials bike, not a 450 pound behemoth.

My hat is off to you fellas!!!

I'm so uncomfortable on my 350 and even more so on my trials bikes. I simply feel better on the ADV bikes, they just fit me better. I know there are lots of big people that ride dirt bikes but I always feel incredibly unstable on them. Bear on a tricycle.

5 hours ago, AZJW said:

This is video evidence of why I don't even hesitate to buy Cory's stuff. There is no way I'll match his " testing" of parts limits, so I know they'll last. Headed to Moab next week myself, but made a note to self, " avoid Hell's Gate". 😉

Our parts definitely get tested to the limit (and beyond at times). Definitely check out Hell's Gate when you're there. They are almost always people attempting it... I've seen some epic loop outs and truck/SXS rollovers in past years. It's a spectacle at times!

10 hours ago, SO_Rider said:

Man, you guys are hardcore. Those lines look scary on video so I can only imagine what they look like in person. Kudos for pushing the limits on the big bikes.

I looked at that hill the last few times we were in Moab but I just couldn't pull the trigger. Looking down from the top is very intimidating. This time, I just decided to make it happen. I'm sure I'll try it again next time, hopefully with less sand on it, or plan better for the sand.

11 hours ago, Landshark said:

What did that bike do to deserve that kinda' beating?  

Kudos to you guys.  I couldn't have done it or even attempted it.  The first downhill part was enough for me.  We're going to need a safety meeting and some extra insurance.

I bought it to ride it... I have a few pristine bikes too. I feel like the T7 is the lucky one of the bunch though. It gets to go see cool places and compete in fun events. The more beat up it gets, the more I like it!

• Like 5

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

13 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Bear on a tricycle

Ooo Man!!! Too late now but just THINK of what that logo would have done for your business....

Bear on a Tricycle" Photographic Print by TheWWOSuit | Redbubble

• Haha 1

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 10:28 PM, Camel ADV said:

A nasty bit of trail called Koko Claims in South Eastern British Columbia. I love this bike more every time I ride it! 

1. Let's call this what it is. It's a d@mn Jeep trail.
  2. 9:54 "The last climb to the cabin is supposed to be the gross part": Makes sense, this looks like a cakewalk up to this point.
  3. 12:12 <Camera pans up steep, long, boulder filled hill>: I stand corrected, it can get worse.
  4. Riding over rocky terrain like this on flat ground is hard enough with the deflection alone. Add steep hills, tight trails / steep dropoffs, and the speed required to keep forward momentum it takes this up to a whole other level.
  5. A GoPro vid makes big obstacles look small and hard lines look easy. When the obstacles look big and the lines hard in the vid I cannot imagine riding this in real time.
  6. Impressive controlled starts on steep / big boulder terrain.

I love seeing what Pol Tarres can do on his T7. Same now with @Camel ADV. Impressive.

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
4 hours ago, WookinPaNub said:
  1. Let's call this what it is. It's a d@mn Jeep trail.
  2. 9:54 "The last climb to the cabin is supposed to be the gross part": Makes sense, this looks like a cakewalk up to this point.
  3. 12:12 <Camera pans up steep, long, boulder filled hill>: I stand corrected, it can get worse.
  4. Riding over rocky terrain like this on flat ground is hard enough with the deflection alone. Add steep hills, tight trails / steep dropoffs, and the speed required to keep forward momentum it takes this up to a whole other level.
  5. A GoPro vid makes big obstacles look small and hard lines look easy. When the obstacles look big and the lines hard in the vid I cannot imagine riding this in real time.
  6. Impressive controlled starts on steep / big boulder terrain.

I love seeing what Pol Tarres can do on his T7. Same now with @Camel ADV. Impressive.

Thanks. That trail is a grind.  There's nothing particularly nasty but just relentless rock looking to dump you on your head and a few ledges tossed in for fun.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor

A few friends and I were in Moab in March. We ran Cliff Hanger trail which is literally on the edge of a cliff for a good portion of it. Lots of rock steeps and loose rock to contend with. Andy from Heavy Enduro was with me on his T7, Seth from Utah Enduro Adventures on his 790R and Manitoba Charles on his 500EXC. It was a bit of a grind in spots but a fun day. 

• Like 4

@Camel ADV Super cool video. I would never never never be able to do that on a big bike!!

Cool bunch of guys, I gotta share this with all my riding buddies!

Hey, what was the music at 6:30ish? Sounds like Dick Dale stuff from a Quentin Tarantino movie...

• Like 1

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

@Camel ADV

Ok, that is an impressive video, but you guys are nuts that does not look like fun. I am almost 70 years old so if I have to transverse that trail it will be in my Jeep TJ with full lockers and the air on, but that's just me I don't bounce as well as I did. Well maybe I never really bounced that well, seems like all the points I am suffering from arthritis just happen to be located around old motorcycle injuries. Don't get me wrong I do love ridding my T7 just not to the point I have to be medicated to get out of bed the next day. But I am sure it will be different when you get to be my age, yea right. LOL

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
5 hours ago, Hibobb said:

@Camel ADV Super cool video. I would never never never be able to do that on a big bike!!

Cool bunch of guys, I gotta share this with all my riding buddies!

Hey, what was the music at 6:30ish? Sounds like Dick Dale stuff from a Quentin Tarantino movie...

It's not advisable to take an ADV bike on this trail! It was a bit of work but we had a good group.

The song is Blue Burst by Max Hixon 

2 hours ago, UtahJack said:

@Camel ADV

Ok, that is an impressive video, but you guys are nuts that does not look like fun. I am almost 70 years old so if I have to transverse that trail it will be in my Jeep TJ with full lockers and the air on, but that's just me I don't bounce as well as I did. Well maybe I never really bounced that well, seems like all the points I am suffering from arthritis just happen to be located around old motorcycle injuries. Don't get me wrong I do love ridding my T7 just not to the point I have to be medicated to get out of bed the next day. But I am sure it will be different when you get to be my age, yea right. LOL

Fun is subjective! I used to have an offroad truck and enjoyed it ... until I didn't. I have friends that are willing and able to ride this stuff so we do and we have a lot fun. I'm sure none of us will being do this at 70 either but I have a few years until then so we'll do it as long as we want to (or can), which ever comes first!

• Like 4

• Moderators

Testicular fortitude doesn't even begin to describe this.  Yes, fun is subjective and the video was great to watch and learn from.  I learned that Hell's Revenge is now considered child's play! Great job by all!

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 3 months later...

I am without words right now...

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

I can't believe you guys are even still alive.

450 pound bikes doing this stuff, simply amazing!!

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• Supporting Vendor
14 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

I can't believe you guys are even still alive.

I think the same thing from time to time LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

@Camel ADV Cory, T7's on 5MOH?  Insane, unfathomable, certifiable are a few descriptors that come to mind.  This is the first time I've feared for my safety while sitting on the couch!  Admiration of you guys, skills and determination, can't wait for part 2.

Thanks for giving us new bragging rights that the T7 CAN do 5MOH, ( in the right hands). 😉

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, AZJW said:

@Camel ADV Cory, T7's on 5MOH?  Insane, unfathomable, certifiable are a few descriptors that come to mind.  This is the first time I've feared for my safety while sitting on the couch!  Admiration of you guys, skills and determination, can't wait for part 2.

Thanks for giving us new bragging rights that the T7 CAN do 5MOH, ( in the right hands). 😉

Yeah, it was a pretty crazy day. Perhaps the best day of riding I’ve ever had.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor

Part of our 5 Miles of Hell ride is now up on YouTube:

• Like 2

• Moderators

Really liked the "Jaden pirouette " at 5:50 and you providing over the top testing of HDB handguards at 10:11 and your Gut guards tested all day long. All you guys are ADV studs and thrilled to see both T7's do this " trail" without any physical or mechanical casualties.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
58 minutes ago, AZJW said:

Really liked the "Jaden pirouette " at 5:50 and you providing over the top testing of HDB handguards at 10:11 and your Gut guards tested all day long. All you guys are ADV studs and thrilled to see both T7's do this " trail" without any physical or mechanical casualties.

Yup, just a flat tire and some scraped up plastic. It was a fun day.

• Like 1