Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Recommend me some footpegs

Duncan666

• Supporting Vendor
53 minutes ago, CasualADV said:

I still haven't heard back yet, btw.

@Camel ADV

Apologizes, we're incredibly busy at the moment and things sometimes fall through the cracks. 

IMG_4687.JPG

IMG_4689.JPG

• Like 2

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

5 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Apologizes, we're incredibly busy at the moment and things sometimes fall through the cracks. 

IMG_4687.JPG

IMG_4689.JPG

I understand. I have a small business too, and I'm flat out. Thanks for the reply! Appreciated!

• Like 2

On 7/25/2020 at 9:01 PM, ADVUSA said:

Did you install the T7rally pegs?  How are they, can you share some pics?

In my experience, do NOT buy the T7rally pegs. 

I bought them because they offer a much bigger footprint than stock.  I also liked the fact that they were produced by a small British engineering company who had bought the bike and were making aftermarket parts to replace the original parts they felt needed upgrading. 

So I got the lowered ones and after a long battle to get them fitted found that it is hard to get the gear lever low enough without hitting the bottom frame rails.  I got used to this when riding on the road.  However, I've just returned from a couple of days on the TET and it appears that instead of stainless steel they  in fact used cheese in the manufacturing process. Both the pegs have bent significantly backwards and downwards, the right peg from hitting a rut (they are wide) and the left one from a 10mph off.  I have emailed the company requesting a replacement or a refund, but as they didn't respond to my 1st email about the issues with gear lever, I'm not holding my breath.   

I have just ordered a pair of Pivot Pegz, which are significantly more expensive but hopefully are significantly better made.

IMG_20200813_135950.jpg

IMG_20200813_140002.jpg

IMG_20200813_140018.jpg

IMG_20200813_140028.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4
  • Dislike 2

Gilles just release theirs!  Highly adjustable, multiple positions, spring loaded rubber pad, and you can even remove it altogether and add more grip pins for more off road use!

rk04tenere.thumb.jpg.ef2cb6f8a687c8e3813190de1176ec09.jpg

RCT-RK-04-KIT-Zeichnung5ee9fe6184aa3_600x600.jpg.8ce38afc6e8ca1a4c597ea4e5756c57b.jpg

RCT-RK-04-Kit-B5e4e7806bb2565ee88f17964cb.thumb.jpg.9cca49da9161c4835626e746240add47.jpg

RCT-RK-04-GT-KIT-ohne-FRG01-KIT5ee88f0e0d057.thumb.jpg.a7b21c055e68eeaf0bd282de4bce35b7.jpg

Check out the video 

And for those of you who need the shift lever to be adjustable, they came out with one of those also!!!

RCT-Y06-S-KIT-B.thumb.jpg.7ac085731b9edb67c0d5adb1bfd2c836.jpg

It's ball-bearing for smooth, zero play, and the toe piece hasheight and length adjustment in many ways using a double eccentric. It can be used together with the standard rearset or GILLES foot pegs.

I think this is the combo I'll be looking at, depending on what boots I end up getting.

🙂

- Paul

Edited by pgeldz
  • Like 3

Hi,

I ordered today ont he PivotPegz US site MK4 with 100mm length. Was happy to find them because never heard that the deliver also a MK4... Was very very happy with the MK3 on my GS beside the length...

Does anyone has bought them or has experience? 
Greetings from Germany 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 4:11 PM, pgeldz said:

Gilles just release theirs!  Highly adjustable, multiple positions, spring loaded rubber pad, and you can even remove it altogether and add more grip pins for more off road use!

rk04tenere.thumb.jpg.ef2cb6f8a687c8e3813190de1176ec09.jpg

RCT-RK-04-KIT-Zeichnung5ee9fe6184aa3_600x600.jpg.8ce38afc6e8ca1a4c597ea4e5756c57b.jpg

RCT-RK-04-Kit-B5e4e7806bb2565ee88f17964cb.thumb.jpg.9cca49da9161c4835626e746240add47.jpg

RCT-RK-04-GT-KIT-ohne-FRG01-KIT5ee88f0e0d057.thumb.jpg.a7b21c055e68eeaf0bd282de4bce35b7.jpg

Check out the video 

And for those of you who need the shift lever to be adjustable, they came out with one of those also!!!

RCT-Y06-S-KIT-B.thumb.jpg.7ac085731b9edb67c0d5adb1bfd2c836.jpg

It's ball-bearing for smooth, zero play, and the toe piece hasheight and length adjustment in many ways using a double eccentric. It can be used together with the standard rearset or GILLES foot pegs.

I think this is the combo I'll be looking at, depending on what boots I end up getting.

🙂

- Paul

What is the price for the adjustable shift lever shipping to UK?

Aleks 

• Supporting Vendor
6 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

What is the price for the adjustable shift lever shipping to UK?

Aleks 

I literally just e-mailed them to get pricing and availabilty...stay tuned.

🙂

Just now, BellissiMoto said:

I literally just e-mailed them to get pricing and availabilty...stay tuned.

🙂

Thank you.. 👍

Aleks 

Thats an awful lot of money for the pegs so as they say in the Uk " I'm Out "

• Haha 1

• Supporting Vendor
33 minutes ago, MGG said:

Not to rain on anyone's parade but the footpegs kit is ... € 251.26  = $297.12 USD = $ 389.83 CAD

https://www.gillestooling.com/produkte/fussrastenanlagen/rgk2-rastengelenke/3107/enduro-fussrasten-explorer

... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ! ... at least for me.

14 minutes ago, Stephen H said:

Thats an awful lot of money for the pegs so as they say in the Uk " I'm Out "

I hear ya.  I'm still debating if I want a set for myself.  Problem is for me, I'm not sure what boots I'll be wearing just yet.  I don't want a peg so aggressive it'll tear up my boots, so I like the idea of the Gills pegs, but as you guys mentioned, they are pricey...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've now given the Pivot Pegz a proper ride and I like them but after the lowered T7rally pegs they seem very high.

I have now received a replacement set of lowered footpegs from Ben at T7 Rally.  These pegs put me in the perfect place for stood up riding, I had so much control and feel.  It's just a shame that I got a duff pair and so faith in the strength of product is diminished. 

I will now try lowering the Pivot Pegs by swapping them over and see how I get on.  Ideally I'd like the bastard son of the Pivot Pegz and the T7 rally ones - a super wide rotating lowered rally peg!

Edited by £10Ray

On 8/13/2020 at 3:21 PM, £10Ray said:

In my experience, do NOT buy the T7rally pegs. 

I bought them because they offer a much bigger footprint than stock.  I also liked the fact that they were produced by a small British engineering company who had bought the bike and were making aftermarket parts to replace the original parts they felt needed upgrading. 

So I got the lowered ones and after a long battle to get them fitted found that it is hard to get the gear lever low enough without hitting the bottom frame rails.  I got used to this when riding on the road.  However, I've just returned from a couple of days on the TET and it appears that instead of stainless steel they  in fact used cheese in the manufacturing process. Both the pegs have bent significantly backwards and downwards, the right peg from hitting a rut (they are wide) and the left one from a 10mph off.  I have emailed the company requesting a replacement or a refund, but as they didn't respond to my 1st email about the issues with gear lever, I'm not holding my breath.   

I have just ordered a pair of Pivot Pegz, which are significantly more expensive but hopefully are significantly better made.

Yes I can second that.....melted cheese to be more accurate! Not only did mine bend but the one snapped off while I was standing on the pegs at about 45km/h off road. Caused me to fall of course......luckily for me there was no large drop off at the time.  

On 8/13/2020 at 3:21 PM, £10Ray said:

IMG_20200813_135950.jpg

IMG_20200813_140002.jpg

IMG_20200813_140018.jpg

IMG_20200813_140028.jpg

20200909_181220.jpg

20200909_181255.jpg

• Like 3

I just fitted the Moose footpegs for the YZ450F from ebay for $99. Did a couple hundred miles on them on Labor Day. I was looking for something anout 1/2"-3/4" longer since it felt like the tank was giving me a bit of bow leggedness in the rough stuff.

Couldn't be happier.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, nelsonccc said:

I just fitted the Moose footpegs for the YZ450F from ebay for $99. Did a couple hundred miles on them on Labor Day. I was looking for something anout 1/2"-3/4" longer since it felt like the tank was giving me a bit of bow leggedness in the rough stuff.

Couldn't be happier.

s-l1600.jpg

So it appears any footpegs that are designed for a Yammy YZ450F will work for the Tenere 700? 

Do you have a pic of that Moose peg next to a stock peg for reference? Really curious. Cheers

The actual ones I ordered are the moose part #1620-0646 that fit a 2003-2020 YZ450F. I'll take a pic when I get home and post it in the morning. I had to bend the spring a little wider since the stock post is shorter. On these moose pegs the post is longer so the spring could slip off the peg but I just stretched it a bit and it works perfectly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nelsonccc said:

Couldn't be happier.

s-l1600.jpg

They do look cool.. Are they lower then stock? 

3 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

I don't think so, I'll check tonight but I'm 99% sure they are the same as stick just a little wider and longer.

• Like 1

I run Pivot Pegs. I love them. I also cut that 2 inch nub off of the kick stand since my boot would get hung up on it. Everything is good to go now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

So it appears any footpegs that are designed for a Yammy YZ450F will work for the Tenere 700? 

Do you have a pic of that Moose peg next to a stock peg for reference? Really curious. Cheers

Here you go.

T7 footpeg.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

They make them in 1/2 inch offset, which are the ones I bought.

3 minutes ago, Seventh Son said:

Here you go.

T7 footpeg.jpg

Thanks man for taking the time to take and upload a shot. I was hoping they be a bit longer (wider). Ive got some Clydesdales hooves on me so a larger platform just feels better. 

3 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Thanks man for taking the time to take and upload a shot. I was hoping they be a bit longer (wider). Ive got some Clydesdales hooves on me so a larger platform just feels better. 

You're welcome, Johnny.

If you don't mind paying more $$, the IMS Rally pegs are a good inch or more wider than the Moose pegs.  I won a set of them last year and have them on my CRF250L.  Those things are huge.  They're also about $200. 

45 minutes ago, Seventh Son said:

You're welcome, Johnny.

If you don't mind paying more $$, the IMS Rally pegs are a good inch or more wider than the Moose pegs.  I won a set of them last year and have them on my CRF250L.  Those things are huge.  They're also about $200. 

Really? And they'll fit the Tenere? I didnt know IMS made rally adventure pegs. Do you know what model I'd need to look for and for what bike? Im assuming a YZ450F again? ? Ive had IMS before on a DRZ and they were great.