Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Recommend me some footpegs

Duncan666

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all,

I see Kedo supplies a lowering bracket so you can keep the OEM pegs. Anyone tried them?

I translate the German into "Move the original rider footrests 23mm down and 8mm back"

image.png.b54103c4bfb836365ef685a9b1cc2069.png

Page 603 on their catalogue https://www.kedo.com/ssl/php/blaetterkatalog.php?f_page=183&f_param=agb.html&PHPSESSID=ensp5t7dhn7kf9hgfgg3cq4vo7

1 hour ago, James said:

Hi all,

I see Kedo supplies a lowering bracket so you can keep the OEM pegs. Anyone tried them?

I translate the German into "Move the original rider footrests 23mm down and 8mm back"

Page 603 on their catalogue https://www.kedo.com/ssl/php/blaetterkatalog.php?f_page=183&f_param=agb.html&PHPSESSID=ensp5t7dhn7kf9hgfgg3cq4vo7

I installed the brackets a week ago and have about 400 miles on them. At 6’ tall, they really help the standing position in regards to my knees against the tank. 

• Thanks 1

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

Damn, I'd have bought those over the SW Motech Evo's! From my measurements before and after, I gained 5mm of drop, at max setting, with the rubber removed. Not quite the amount I hoped for, at the price point. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 7:11 PM, James said:

Hi all,

Very good translation 😁

Note the last sentence in red:

Attention: Not compatible with center stands!

On 7/11/2022 at 3:23 PM, Tenerider said:

Very good translation 😁

Thanks @tenere rider! I didn't translate that far so your alert is important as I do have a centre stand fitted at the moment...

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 9:23 AM, Tenerider said:

Very good translation 😁

And that is why I decided to get some pegs from Bosley.  Radan is great to work with and the product is well made.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great thread for a new owner as while the stock pegs, IMHO and with the rubbers removed, are adequate, they force me to stand bowlegged and give no relief from that dang clutch arm cover bulge.

I thought I'd stay with something just a bit bigger but ended up ordering the Altrider Adventure II pegs. Good look, decent price, and hopefully the right amount of grip (I dislike the really sharp type pegs that dig into my soles and make it hard to move around). They are big though, hopefully not annoyingly so. I've promised myself to stay out of the really nasty rutted stuff on the trail (my greatest skill as a dirt biker is avoiding obstacles!) so hopefully the width won't bug me. We will see.

Another weird thing about the Tenere is the rear brake, it is well documented that is has no feel and the lever just seems hard to find, maybe because of that, so I ordered a cheap extension from fleabay and some Galfer brake pads. Hopefully the extension will work well with those big azz pegs to get me standing more comfortably over the bike and operating my rear brake easier.

At just under 5'-11" I didn't really feel the need to move the pegs. There are so many options! But I've ridden it twice, 127 and 236 miles, and I was not uncomfortable with the riding position so I guess stock is OK for me. The idea of lowered pegs sounds OK in theory but I found myself sliding forward on the seat due to its slope when trying to get more comfortable so if anything I might go for the taller seat rather than lowering anything.

Edited by Husafreak

Hello all, I am desperately searching for some lowered pegs. The SWMotech/OEM lower insufficiently for my needs. Bosley/Radan is not responding to my emails. The Kedo brackets are currently not available according to their website. 

Any other options that will lower at least 20mm? 

2 hours ago, Mapster said:

Hello all, I am desperately searching for some lowered pegs. The SWMotech/OEM lower insufficiently for my needs. Bosley/Radan is not responding to my emails. The Kedo brackets are currently not available according to their website. 

Any other options that will lower at least 20mm? 

Pivotpegz have a lowering function, I think about 15mm worth. Maybe check u out the specs - great pegs, fully serviceable, well made, works well.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, thepointchris said:

Pivotpegz have a lowering function, I think about 15mm worth. Maybe check u out the specs - great pegs, fully serviceable, well made, works well.

Agree! They are great and well worth the money.

Compared to OEM pegs, it's less than 15mm (made a comparison recently, estimate it to be around 8mm lower effectively). I guess the 15 mm is versus the "original" PP height.

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, thepointchris said:

2 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Compared to OEM pegs, it's less than 15mm (made a comparison recently, estimate it to be around 8mm lower effectively). I guess the 15 mm is versus the "original" PP height.

Thanks, I will look into it 👍

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 7:11 PM, James said:

Hi all,

Hi @kedo, when will these brackets be available again?

On 8/6/2022 at 12:50 AM, Tenerider said:

One issue I have is that my heel comes down on the center-stand lug when I stand up, it's actually more to do with my toes pointing outward and on the 250 I trigger the sidestand switch and lose power.  I can't think of any way to avoid it other than consciously turning my toes in all the time or riding on my arches rather that the balls of my feet.

1 hour ago, winddown said:

One issue I have is that my heel comes down on the center-stand lug when I stand up, it's actually more to do with my toes pointing outward and on the 250 I trigger the sidestand switch and lose power.  I can't think of any way to avoid it other than consciously turning my toes in all the time or riding on my arches rather that the balls of my feet.

Same is happening when I ride on the balls of my feet when standing (and recently got confirmed by experienced offroad instructors that it's to be done that way).

My left heel also touches something there, but I never ever triggered the sidestand or centerstand, even in shakey situations. Maybe forcing the heels out would help.

I've got the CamelADV heavy duty spring installed, though. This will keep it up anyway.

What center stand do you use? Mine is Hepco & Becker.

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 3:30 PM, Tenerider said:

Same is happening when I ride on the balls of my feet when standing (and recently got confirmed by experienced offroad instructors that it's to be done that way).

My left heel also touches something there, but I never ever triggered the sidestand or centerstand, even in shakey situations. Maybe forcing the heels out would help.

I've got the CamelADV heavy duty spring installed, though. This will keep it up anyway.

What center stand do you use? Mine is Hepco & Becker.

I installed the SWmotech one, it probably doesn't go down very far when my heel is on it, but how far is too far lol.  One advantage of riding with my toes pointing outward is I can get under the gear shifter a lot quicker.   It's the only way cause there is No Way I could slide my foot across these pegs.  Like I said, it's more of an issue on the little 250 because it's sidestand really juts out.  If I can solve it for that bike the T7 will be easy.  I might look at a hook to hold the 250 SS in closer to the frame, it's quite loose by design or by wear and sticks way out.

EDIT:  I just realized that it's not the center stand at all but the side stand I'm pushing down, pretty obvious since the bike was up[ on the center stand all along lol.  My boot grabs the little lowering nib sticking out.

Edited by winddown
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 5/14/2020 at 2:28 PM, Vikingtazz said:

The Pro Footpegs from Moose Racing are an excellent design - I've used them on my XR650 for the last 5 years and they're by far the best design. Excellent grip but not overly hard on my boots, slightly rounded for better movement on the pegs.

image.png.a6af53c12bbe2cc7806426ff4a7769de.png

They make an offset as well if you have really big feet.

Has anyone found these in europe ?