Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Looking forward to getting my 2022 Tenere 700 in the USA

Cruizin

I am starting to think that God just doesn't want me to have a Yamaha Tenere 700. 

If you are holding out hope of getting one this summer in the USA, you have more optimism than I do.  Japan is up to 924 cases right now, and they are shutting down most factories and pretty much locking things down. 

Container ships coming to the USA are at an all time low, according to my cousin who works the ports in California as a Union crane operator.  He is worried about how long he will have a job.

Yep, I really look forward to getting my 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

If its any help I can tell you how good my tenere 700 is that I got on Christmas eve 2019 and have done 3500klm on, but I am guessing you probably don't want to know. sorry couldn't help it

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Well, on happier note I just read that Japan is one of the least bit nation's in the world and that there isn't any actual lockdowns going on. So, maybe we and they will luck out?

It’s because Olympic Games this year. They try to do business as usual. In real they have the same situation like most other countries...

• Thanks 1

I can live without toilet paper.  If I can't get the new bike I'm gonna be pissed!  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 3/19/2020 at 3:00 PM, Cruizin said:

I am starting to think that God just doesn't want me to have a Yamaha Tenere 700...

Yoos Mericans and your god!

On the sixth day God created Harley Davidson,

And on the seventh day he (she) was still trying to start it.

Never mind thus thoughts and wait, all shall be delivered to those who believe....

in Japanese technology.

the way i seez it, yamaha wants money.

the dealers want money.

when the peak is over, in a month or so. its right about delivery time for the early early orders. I see they are still accepting early orders, who knows.

my neighbour is a western N.A. rep, he thinks everything is on schedule

also, if Yamaha is so concerned. I am very sure, we are all capable of accepting a crate in the back of our pick-ups or trailer. and putting a couple wheels on. and based on what I read here. We need to check alignment anyway. so whats the difference.

and they can probably offer a discount because those of us who are going to be able to follow through with payment, should make them happy.

Edited by H20ham

21 hours ago, H20ham said:

the way i seez it, yamaha wants money.

the dealers want money.

when the peak is over, in a month or so. its right about delivery time for the early early orders. I see they are still accepting early orders, who knows.

my neighbour is a western N.A. rep, he thinks everything is on schedule

Ask your Yamaha Rep neighbor why they have not announced the pre-order program yet . . .If they are on schedule?

• Like 1

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

• Premium Member

Heh, the dealers that are open in my area have reduced hours, if you order something, they will only talk to you over the phone and take credit cards.  Showrooms/stores are closed to the public, when you order your stuff, you get to pick up your stuff in the parking lots.... Or you have to make an appointment. 
Heheheh, maybe a T7 will be sitting in a box in the parkinglot too (dont think we'll see those till maybe end of the year? or maybe they will be 2022 models) 

So far, I've heard nothing from the Dealer or Yamaha Canada, but thats ok.
All this craziness has to blow over first, and the markets/economy has to stabilize. 

Tazmool

• 2 weeks later...

On the Tenere 700 USA FB page, a gentleman there posted this:

"INTERESTING NEWS ABOUT T7 ORDERS.
I just got a phone call from my dealer to confirm my color preference. This is correct what I got from my conversation with him:
1. Yamaha contacted the dealer instructing them to place pre-orders by the end of this week, Friday.
2. Yamaha will ship pre-ordered bikes that have a deposit first. They are still expected by June
3. Standard orders to all general dealers will follow pre-ordered Bikes one to two weeks later although there is no guarantee
4. Dealers will receive an invoice for the Bikes pre-ordered 4 to6 weeks prior to the bikes arriving to the dealer
5. Best way to secure a bike is to put the $500 deposit with your dealer before Friday, especially if you’re certain that you will purchase the bike"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Craig Sturman said:

On the Tenere 700 USA FB page, a gentleman there posted this:

"INTERESTING NEWS ABOUT T7 ORDERS.
I just got a phone call from my dealer to confirm my color preference. This is correct what I got from my conversation with him:
1. Yamaha contacted the dealer instructing them to place pre-orders by the end of this week, Friday.
2. Yamaha will ship pre-ordered bikes that have a deposit first. They are still expected by June
3. Standard orders to all general dealers will follow pre-ordered Bikes one to two weeks later although there is no guarantee
4. Dealers will receive an invoice for the Bikes pre-ordered 4 to6 weeks prior to the bikes arriving to the dealer
5. Best way to secure a bike is to put the $500 deposit with your dealer before Friday, especially if you’re certain that you will purchase the bike"

Watching Paint Dry Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

My dealer in Oregon phoned Saturday to say Yamaha wants to know how many people have deposits on a T7. That is basically all the info the dealer could tell me.

I infer that they,  Yamaha, have some bikes they can fill orders with. I have had a deposit down with the dealer since last August. I am numero uno on their list. So I have hope I will get one early summerish. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, ahamay said:

My dealer in Oregon phoned Saturday to say Yamaha wants to know how many people have deposits on a T7. That is basically all the info the dealer could tell me.

I infer that they,  Yamaha, have some bikes they can fill orders with. I have had a deposit down with the dealer since last August. I am numero uno on their list. So I have hope I will get one early summerish. 

Yamaha who? Yamaha USA? Or Yamaha Japan? Phone call, surely email confirmation etc. Do they (whoever they are) and your dealers not know the number of pre-orders that are already placed, via their own online ordering system? I don’t understand it, Yamaha phoning sounds vague, not the Japanese way. Your bikes are either pre-ordered or they are not. Europe / UK pre-orders were done 2017/2018 online and the bikes arrived August 2019. USA system seems more messy on the dealer side. Wow, amazed that the States are a year behind Europe but Japan must have reckoned that the European market be higher priority for this bike type or more profitable. Great bike. Wait will be worth it. Best wishes.

On 3/27/2020 at 1:47 PM, H20ham said:

also, if Yamaha is so concerned. I am very sure, we are all capable of accepting a crate in the back of our pick-ups or trailer. and putting a couple wheels on. and based on what I read here. We need to check alignment anyway. so whats the difference.

and they can probably offer a discount because those of us who are going to be able to follow through with payment, should make them happy.

I would absolutley prefer to buy a bike this way. I dont need a dealer, don't need to pay his markup. I don't use dealers for service, unless it's a warranty issue.  I wish i could just order the damn bike online and get a crate delivered to my house. 

56 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Yamaha who? Yamaha USA? Or Yamaha Japan? Phone call, surely email confirmation etc. Do they (whoever they are) and your dealers not know the number of pre-orders that are already placed, via their own online ordering system? I don’t understand it, Yamaha phoning sounds vague, not the Japanese way. Your bikes are either pre-ordered or they are not. Europe / UK pre-orders were done 2017/2018 online and the bikes arrived August 2019. USA system seems more messy on the dealer side. Wow, amazed that the States are a year behind Europe but Japan must have reckoned that the European market be higher priority for this bike type or more profitable. Great bike. Wait will be worth it. Best wishes.

Yamaha does not like the United States. We are lucky that they even decided to let us have this one at all. 

Im telling you guys, Yamaha hates the USA.  I warned Truman not to nuke em and fire bomb em, but he wouldn't listen. 

• Like 1

Let me clarify: I had sent an email to my dealer Saturday.  Just to ask what is up. Dealer responded by phone to me to say that "Yamaha" was asking them how many T7s do you anticipate ordering? Ones that had earnest money down. Whatever this means. That is all I know. The main take away for me was, "things are startin to happen." My bike will be here when it gets here. The first one in my part of town! I put money down last August. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ahamay said:

Let me clarify: I had sent an email to my dealer Saturday.  Just to ask what is up. Dealer responded by phone to me to say that "Yamaha" was asking them how many T7s do you anticipate ordering? Ones that had earnest money down. Whatever this means. That is all I know. The main take away for me was, "things are startin to happen." My bike will be here when it gets here. The first one in my part of town! I put money down last August. 

My gut guess feeling is that by this August you’ll have had yours a while. You’ll like the engine. Best wishes with it.

• Like 1

I also just got a call from my dealer today.  He said Yamaha contacted them the middle of last week and asked for the numbers and colors of pre-ordered bikes.  He said they gave an estimated delivery date of late May- early June.  That's the original  time frame.  Even if it's late, at least it's coming this summer instead of the fall.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Gekkdroid said:

I also just got a call from my dealer today.  He said Yamaha contacted them the middle of last week and asked for the numbers and colors of pre-ordered bikes.  He said they gave an estimated delivery date of late May- early June.  That's the original  time frame.  Even if it's late, at least it's coming this summer instead of the fall.

Good stuff... I assume by saying ‘Yamaha’ that the Dealer means Yamaha USA Head Quarters and not a Japanese fella. I still don’t get why ‘they’ are asking a silly question that ‘they’ must already know the answer to, the clue is in the term pre-ordered, as in pre-orders are already done and ‘they’ should therefore already know the numbers ordered of from each deal / dealer, simple math tells them the total numbers. I Can’t understand why ‘they’ just don’t tell the dealer to phone you guys up and say they would like to confirm your colour choice from pre-order time etc with you and say that the delivery is still as per the original order schedule... It is a bit like phoning me up and saying to me ‘Oh hello Noel, we are phoning you to just to confirm that your first name is Noel, is it Noel, right, ah spot on Noel’, 🙄 I’d say phoning me about that would seem weird. All brilliant dealer stuff, lol. Lockdown Rant almost over.... Ah well as long as you guys get your bikes ASAP. Just think it’s weird that ‘they’ seem to pretend to not know the numbers; or is this their way to check and make sure that a) people are still around, and b) that you are still wanting the bike in the originally stated chosen colour. Of course the only (fastest) colour is Blue or whatever colour you can get your hands and mitts on.... Best wishes, hope all goes well. Stay safe.

I'm not saying anyone isn't telling the truth or is speaking truth because I do believe that some of you guys have received these calls. From my understanding of the situation it seems that some dealers might be talking to their district rep and just filling them in that they do in fact have a pre-order. This doesn't mean that they have relayed this information further up. In my situation, my dealer knows what color I want and my deposit is in but was clarified that the official pre-order is not open. They told me the moment it does officially open they will let me know. 

Edited by 46rocketrod
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Not what you guys want to hear right now.....

Though what da hell.
Best wishes