Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Looking forward to getting my 2022 Tenere 700 in the USA

Cruizin

Try II

BAA833FD-8A05-4070-A231-EB8F62E4C40A.jpeg

Edited by Tom McDonough
  • Haha 3

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

What kind of risers does T-rex use? Cause, you know them short arse arms can't ride stock.

On 4/28/2020 at 4:25 AM, Guest said:

This is not the forum for me. Where is the unsubscribe button?

I have removed you from the forum. You are not banned, you can rejoin at any time. Just remember one piece of advice. Treat others the same way that you would want to be treated. 

• Like 1

Samual Clemmins, “ I would never be a willing participant  in any organization that would have someone like me as a member!”

I'm pissed that Rex got a bike before me.  I hate him.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

I just talked to my dealer Snake River Yamaha here in Meridian Idaho and they said that my bike will be here early June and they're actually still taking pre-orders cut off date next week

Hell yes Cruizin! 

I just got off the phone as well from my dealer and he said the same for Washington, maybe end of May. the weeks count down begins!!!

Come on Visa, time for mods shopping! 

Skid plate.....hand guards....high fender mount (Camel)....D606......headlight guard........engine case covers......tail tidy.......

9 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Hell yes Cruizin! 

I just got off the phone as well from my dealer and he said the same for Washington, maybe end of May. the weeks count down begins!!!

Come on Visa, time for mods shopping! 

Skid plate.....hand guards....high fender mount (Camel)....D606......headlight guard........engine case covers......tail tidy.......

Very nice. Seems others on the T7 FB USA group are saying the same.

Curious if you have that list handy with links to order? That sounds about what I'll be doing first. Minus the tires. I'll do break-in on stock tires.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I ordered the Matte Black.  I had orginally ordered the Ceramic ice, but i really like black and have some awesome logo ideas for it.  

image.png

Yeah man I have the red on order, but told him I might grab the black and he said I will have the option. I like the white/red for better visibility is the only reason for going with it. That black though is sharp. So until I see it in person, unsure. Cant wait till we all get them and throw some pics up to see what people are doing with them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slakdawg said:

Curious if you have that list handy with links to order? That sounds about what I'll be doing first. Minus the tires. I'll do break-in on stock tires.

OK. Here's what I got so far. 

~Skid plate unsure. Researching and really want one that covers the rear linkage since I ride offroad a lot. 

~Tires. Yep, I'll burn through those stock for the first 600 miles which I'll do in 2 weeks and then swap. 

~High Fender mod: 

Protection parts and fuel tanks for adventure motorcycles.

Already got the high fender mod in the mail. It's a beautiful piece of kit. Quality. Also will be getting his "bobble head" to eliminate headlight and display shake off road. 

~Headlight guard 

I like that it's quick detach for cleaning the headlight. 

~Engine case savers Triple Clamp 

image_adccda04-3616-4a72-98ce-783faa755e

Tripleclamp Moto has designed HDPE clutch and stator covers to protect your bike from the elements of adventure. A cost effective solution to avoiding mishaps on the trail or road...or a way to refresh the look of scraped and worn engine side covers. These covers bolt right over your engine side cases; nothing to remov

I ordered these because they use SS inserts to get proper torque specs, as opposed to B&G which just clamps down on the plastic. Much better design. 

~Tail Tidy gets weird. I REALLY like the design of the T7Rally gear, and he has a bunch of other stuff Id get (pegs, adjustable windscreen brackets) but Ive written the guy 3 times to just ask questions and he never responds. A quick search and many other people have the same issue. Worse, many people have purchased and then never got their stuff. Try contacting him to find out where it is? Nothing. So I have little confidence especially if there is a problem needing resolution. So looking at other tail tidy solutions. Perhaps fabricate my own. 

https://t7rally.com/shop?olsPage=products&page=1

~2 finger clutch and brake levers

And a rear rack from Outback Motortek when they ever get it in stock to hold my Reckless 80 from Mosko Moto which Ive used for 2 years and it's been incredible. Can't say enough about their gear. 

~Ive been a fan of the Cycra ProBend guards and have used them for well over 10 years on a half dozen bikes and really like them. They're everywhere so just find a color you dig and grab them. 

Hopefully that helps get the gears turning. 

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 1

Cruizin you just made my quarter!  
😄  <- me

PS; I got the black one because I crash a lot.  I figure it will look better with duct tape and stickers to cover the rash.

• Haha 2

On the Yamaha USA website there is a phone number for customer service 800-962-7926.  Use option zero.  I talked to an employee after waiting for 30 minutes on the phone.  I asked why it was, that on the Yamaha website, you could leave your email and they would send updates.   Why had I not received any updates?.  He said he would check and send me an update email.  He also said he does not have any true knowledge and not to quote him.   He said there are 5  T7's in the USA.  He thought there would be a small number sent to the USA within a few weeks and then a few hundred by the end of June.   I think that if everyone who has one ordered called this customer service number and asked questions they may start providing answers!  Just a thought.(I ordered a blue one, just can't get away from that Yamaha color)

17 hours ago, Idarex said:

Cruizin you just made my quarter!  
😄  <- me

PS; I got the black one because I crash a lot.  I figure it will look better with duct tape and stickers to cover the rash.

I chose black mostly because it makes a good base for adding a wrap. 

21 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

~Engine case savers Triple Clamp 

image_adccda04-3616-4a72-98ce-783faa755e

Tripleclamp Moto has designed HDPE clutch and stator covers to protect your bike from the elements of adventure. A cost effective solution to avoiding mishaps on the trail or road...or a way to refresh the look of scraped and worn engine side covers. These covers bolt right over your engine side cases; nothing to remov

I ordered these because they use SS inserts to get proper torque specs, as opposed to B&G which just clamps down on the plastic. Much better design. 

I have the R&G set up.  It DOES have metal inserts in areas that need it.

That, and I like the fact that it has the water pump cover integrated in the case cover in the right side...

...just my 2 cents 🙂

• Like 2

On 5/2/2020 at 3:44 PM, pgeldz said:

That, and I like the fact that it has the water pump cover integrated in the case cover in the right side...

...just my 2 cents 🙂

Thats cool. I didnt know those also have the metal inserts, I had heard otherwise. The Triple Clamps have the water pump cover as well, it just a separate cover and not in one giant piece like the R&G. Both look like great options. 

Edited by johnnygolucky

Hi guys, spoke with the dealer in Butte, MT today at 4:30 after seeing Cruizin  response. Pre order is not open and they don't expect a T7 till end of July.

I really hope they are just being safe on a delivery date, but Yamaha hasn't proved to be reliable. (Date wise that is).  This bike really is the unicorn, will hang on as long as I can.

2 hours ago, pgeldz said:

...just my 2 cents 🙂

Have never seen what either brand looks like first hand  or what the covers on the CR450L look like. The CR450L comes with some sort of plastic covers on the cases from the factory I believe to reduce noise. Some of the guys have found lots of corrosion on the parts underneath the covers from trapped moisture and dirt. May or may not be a concern with these.

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

45 minutes ago, Simmons1 said:

Have never seen what either brand looks like first hand  or what the covers on the CR450L look like. The CR450L comes with some sort of plastic covers on the cases from the factory I believe to reduce noise. Some of the guys have found lots of corrosion on the parts underneath the covers from trapped moisture and dirt. May or may not be a concern with these.

The ones for the CP2 engine ( I have them on my FZ-07) have inserts where they are needed. As far as moisture or corrosion is concerned, I couldn't say...I live in the dessert. But yes, that may be a concern with ANY cover, not specific to any brand, etc.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I received an email from Yamaha asking me to configure and place my order. As instructed, I contacted my dealer afterwards to give my order number. They confirmed the order in their system. It’s official, as of yesterday at 12pm EST the first wave is actually able to be ordered. Of course no delivery date given. For those of you who thought they already preordered, I would contact your dealer ASAP to ensure they put in the order yesterday as instructed!

• 1 year later...

My dealer informed me that he will be getting 2022 T7’s this fall, so hopefully one will be mine..  Anyone else here the same?

For our Sins, 

Hoo Yaa..

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 10:58 PM, J-D- said:

My dealer informed me that he will be getting 2022 T7’s this fall, so hopefully one will be mine..  Anyone else here the same?

Does your dealer say if the 2022 will look like the 2021, or does it look like the Euro5 ?

: