Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Post your USA Tenere 700 ship date and OTD price

Cruizin

9 minutes ago, UtahJack said:

My wife is not happy she doesn't think she will get hers until her birthday in October.

If you watch the video the reps. don't even seem to be that confident of September, watch their faces when they say hopefully September especially the one that isn't talking at that point, not real reassuring.

When mine became available I grabbed it even though it wasn't the color I thought I wanted and included the explorer pack that I knew I didn't want, but I really didn't want to wait tell September, October.

Give her yours, and you wait. Happy wife happy life!

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

2 minutes ago, Simmons1 said:

Give her yours, and you wait. Happy wife happy life!

That's not happening.

Since I pick mine up on Sat. the 27th one day after my 38th wedding anniversary I already told her that this was the best anniversary gift she has ever given me.

I did put $1000.00 deposit on hers to make sure she gets the next one available at our local dealer. She is like me and will take any color she can get, but now that she has seen the red they use on the north American model she wants one to match mine. I have to admit now that I have seen it, it's my first choice too.

Sure hope the reps. are mistaken and for everyone's sake the next allotment arrives sooner.

27 minutes ago, UtahJack said:

My wife is not happy she doesn't think she will get hers until her birthday in October.

If you watch the video the reps. don't even seem to be that confident of September, watch their faces when they say hopefully September especially the one that isn't talking at that point, not real reassuring.

When mine became available I grabbed it even though it wasn't the color I thought I wanted and included the explorer pack that I knew I didn't want, but I really didn't want to wait tell September, October.

Im sending this to my dealer. If he says that it isn't until Sept, Im heading to buy a new KTM 790 R. Done waiting. 

2 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Im sending this to my dealer. If he says that it isn't until Sept, Im heading to buy a new KTM 790 R. Done waiting. 

He is a salesman, of course he will tell you "No, no, I just talked to so and so and they assure me that they will be here soon, very soon, trust me."

Of course every time a salesman says trust me I have learned it is best to run away, fast and far. But that may just be me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

WTF? 

Why is it myself and everyone else is being told beginning July? 

Sounded to me like, if you got a claim number on the 22nd, then you're in the first allotment. 

And those first allotment bikes are still being processed in batches. 

My current delivery date is "2nd half of July". I'll be patient until then. The dealer doesn't know crap because Yamaha corporate doesn't tell them crap. Well until they need to know.

Edited by slakdawg

5 hours ago, UtahJack said:

You are beginning to understand why I often say, " I am doing better than I deserve." I have retired in a mountain paradise that has never seen a 100 degrees in recorded history with a population of 182 it has more deer than people, more trails than can be discovered in a life time. In the winter when it is knee deep in snow and a day time high in the thirty's, in less than a half an hour I can be around the magnificent red cliffs of Warner Valley, Sand Hollow, Snow Canyon and the average winter daytime temps in the seventies, an less than a couple of hours from Zion and not many more to the likes of Moab and beyond. I have a wife who although is only three years younger than me has often generated the opinion that I robbed the cradle,  who has always loved to ride and prefers it be on her own bike. All this and now blessed to enjoy it with a unicorn of a motorcycle in the T7. Now I am sure that you are beginning to understand how truthful I am when I say, "Doing better than I deserve."

Riding friends are always a welcome addition on the trails, but I do think a winter trip from Idaho would be more than just an adventure. I hope your return to work has not interfered to much with your riding.

Winter trip from Idaho would be on a trailer, for sure. 

1 hour ago, UtahJack said:

He is a salesman, of course he will tell you "No, no, I just talked to so and so and they assure me that they will be here soon, very soon, trust me."

Of course every time a salesman says trust me I have learned it is best to run away, fast and far. But that may just be me.

Im a salesman, can confirm. 

Ship date of 6/30 to Ohio. 

OTD price = just over $11k (I don’t remember the exact number)

Ship date of 06/30. OTD WILL BE the same as Cruizin's ($11,235) since it is the same dealer. I won't pay a penny more.

Edited by jas340
  • Like 1

Looks like the one I am buying tomorrow 3 states over (yes I found one sitting on the sales floor) will be $11,007.50 OTD then I'll have to pay my local state tax of 7% on that amount which equals $11,778.03 + $10 for the title and the license plate will be $130-150 local) . So total will be much higher than me waiting on my local dealer to produce one in sept. of this year. No guarantee on that even happening with current world happenings. 

Selling dealer knows he has a gold pot and would not budge on the fees, which were ridiculous at best, Dest. $466, Prep $343 and Doc $199.5 yea and they added 50 cents on that. But I want the bike and it is my choice of color Matte Black. So I secured the bike over the phone $$ late yesterday and head out later today to go pick it up first thing in the morning. 1,046 miles round trip in my truck.

FFBF7F40-980F-4458-92DA-5ABB1D7FFFA7.jpeg

Edited by roy826
  • Like 2

Bike = 10,424

Rally Pack = 1704.99

Doc. Fee = 185

License and Title fee = 95.00

OTD = 12,408.99

Found it at a dealer in Alaska. The VERY short version of the story, I called as soon as they opened and after a couple days got them to take my money. $1000 to hold it and I go pick it up on the 7/2 after I get home from work, 330 mile drive one way.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2020 at 10:10 PM, Mr.motarded said:

Picked mine up on Tuesday 6/9/20

OTD was $11,075 not bad considering I almost spent $15,500 Otd on a ulgy KTM 790r. So glad i waited.  The T7 is what dreams are made of. 

20200609_145350.jpg

Hey Mr Motard can you give me a break down on your otd price from here in CA...about to attempt to make a move on one here in san diego, and based on the line of BS I already got from checking it out the at the dealer, I'm expecting a rather serious uphill battle with fees etc...

Just got my bike today. Shipped 7/24 and arrived in Vermont this morning. 
$10,791.94 OTD with 0% financing for 36 months through Yamaha. 

• Like 1

My bike was delivered to my dealer last Friday the 24th......he is short handed but it was assembled and delivered to me yesterday July 28th.

I have only been able to ride it 40 miles as I was busy with other obligations today.

Here are two poor pictures👍

CA45D48C-C098-4603-8062-1516E2EDBE3A.jpeg

002D2E92-E0AC-4338-9D04-5853AEA6864D.jpeg

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Like 2

My dealer called last Friday 24th that it had shipped, he called yesterday that it had just arrived and will pick up on Friday the 31st.  $9999.00 OTD , but will have to pay state sales tax, etc.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Baggey22 said:

Just got my bike today. Shipped 7/24 and arrived in Vermont this morning. 
$10,791.94 OTD with 0% financing for 36 months through Yamaha. 

That is the exact price and financing deal I’m “supposed to get” when I get one. No ETA Yet for me. 

Just received a call from the dealer. Our bike's (mine and a friend's) are in Toledo being built-up by a subcontractor.  We pick them up Wednesday!  Claim #737562, White.  OTD  $11.4 IIRC

This is the first 'new' bike I've ever bought; been waiting for this for 4 years.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Can ya look a little happier? Lol, big grins tell the story!

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

@PackinDirt

Congratulations, she is beauty. 

Love to see all these smiles when people finally get their bike, of coarse that may be because everybody is wearing mask so smiles are a rare sight now days.

It had been raining all morning and the final transaction took forever.  By the time I was ready to ride it home, the sun was out, the pavement was dry, and it was a beautiful afternoon.  We took the long way home so it got it's first 150 miles on easy pavement.  The Rally Pack didn't come in time for the dealer to install the bits so that'll be this week's job.  Then get some break-in mileage on the bike so I can do the oil changes.

• Like 1

OTD was $11,006 no accessories. Arrived 8/12/20. Manufactured 6/20. Dealer even threw in a $330 pair of knee high touring boots due to the extended wait!

20200812_201732.thumb.jpg.98ebe0c731d383b55810da61443669d3.jpg20200812_205559.thumb.jpg.69df374a639ca74cb94465eadb8308f1.jpg20200813_070826.thumb.jpg.6d88141b41b5aad1ce9f0c5752ec5476.jpg

• Like 2

Picked mine up Friday Aug 14  $ 11,300 otd

21 T700 - 08 ktm 300xcw - 06 ktm 400exc - 06 xt225 - 04 & 06 heritage Softail classics - 85 it200 - 75 dt 100 & 250 - 76 dt 250 - 79 CT 90 - 71 CT 70

• 2 months later...

Great to seem some folks getting their bikes

Still havent got mine.  Ordered the bloody thing months back but no love.....just hanging out on the waiting list. 

Anyone else get a one delivered in California recently?