Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Post your USA Tenere 700 ship date and OTD price

Cruizin

Purchased 7/27/2020 from Larson's Cycle in MN when the dude who ordered it chopped off a finger somehow and had to bail. 10,028otd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Put a deposit ($500) down at Pinnacle Motorsports in Bessemer, AL on 7/3/2021.  Expected arrival date is late September 2021.  Salesman stated that are allowed to order 1 per month and 2 people are in line ahead of me.  OTD price, including 3.75% sales tax is $11,279 - about $1000 less than another dealer in town that would not even take a deposit, just my name and a promise to call if they received stock.

MSRP -            $9,999

Tax -                 $    375

Destination-  $    425

Assembly-      $   299

Doc Fee-          $    181

Total OTD.       $11,279

• 1 month later...

Pick up yesterday 8/14 from Bub's Cycle, Beckley WV.

Sale price  $9,999

Freight and assembly  $890

Doc fee  $79

Title/reg  $36

$11,004 

7% tax+  $11,771.24

No great and not terrible.  Especially being late in the game for this year. 

Edited by josefmd

On 6/24/2021 at 9:14 PM, grunkster said:

Purchased 7/27/2020 from Larson's Cycle in MN when the dude who ordered it chopped off a finger somehow and had to bail. 10,028otd

Lol. That was me. I sliced my right thumb in a freak kitchen appliance cleaning incident and severed the nerve and tendon.  So rather than buy a bike I couldn't use, I hopefully gave it a good home. One year later the thumb is fine and I have my own black T7. 🙂

After taxes and $400 set up fee I paid wee bit over $11k.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ainm Taispeána said:

Did you get your T7 from Larson's or another dealer?

Another shop. Ecofun in Forest Lake. Closer to home.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

anyone have a recent prices from Florida?  I was quoted 13.7k OTD!  That’s Dealer fee, freight and set up charges, plus TTT. 
no accessories. Seems to be standard at a few I’ve called.  

2 hours ago, Burnsey said:

Setting off to pick mine up now!

Any colour and £500 off the RRP.

Happy to be British 🤣

Collected, travelled 200 yards and the bike died.

Pushed it back to the dealer.

See what happens tomorrow.

• Sad 1

WTF...  Did it run out of gas! 🤪 I laughed hard when I read your post.  This is going to be an interesting story so be sure to report back.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Landshark said:

WTF...  Did it run out of gas! 🤪 I laughed hard when I read your post.  This is going to be an interesting story so be sure to report back.  

Just had the call...

They put old fuel removed from another bike into my bike.

Basically, someone put the can of contaminated fuel in the wrong area and the salesman just reached for a can. It matched with what I expected it to be from the (very) short ride.

System flushed and operating fine, so delivering the bike later today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Burnsey said:

Just had the call...

Basically, someone put the can of contaminated fuel in the wrong area and the salesman just reached for a can. It matched with what I expected it to be from the (very) short ride.

Another WTF.  Bad fuel right off the start.  Hopefully this will be the last of any trouble until you wear that T7 right out.  Congratulations on the bike purchase.    😃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Burnsey said:

Just had the call...

I wonder what bad fuel means to them?

If the fuel was bad enough to stop the bike that quick I am curious how screwed the fuel filter is inside the tank and what future issues you might have with injectors etc.

Find out exactly what was done to fix the problem.  I would be asking if the pump was removed and the filter checked, but that is a considerable amount of work that they likely didn't want to do.   I would be pushing to get a replacement fuel pump filter from them and plan to remove the pump and replace the filter asap.

Hoping you have no issues the future.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, williestreet said:

I wonder what bad fuel means to them?

If the fuel was bad enough to stop the bike that quick I am curious how screwed the fuel filter is inside the tank and what future issues you might have with injectors etc.

Find out exactly what was done to fix the problem.  I would be asking if the pump was removed and the filter checked, but that is a considerable amount of work that they likely didn't want to do.   I would be pushing to get a replacement fuel pump filter from them and plan to remove the pump and replace the filter asap.

Hoping you have no issues the future.  

They did take a couple of hours. Removed and irrigated the tank, replaced the filters and checked the pump.

The mistake was a workshop operative leaving contaminated (read old) fuel from another bike in a canister reserved for fresh fuel and placing amongst them.

They test rode, delivered the bike to my home and agreed to carry out the 600 mile service at no cost.

It is warrantied for two years, with roadside recovery, so I am satisfied - for now...

Edited by Burnsey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Burnsey said:

They did take a couple of hours. Removed and irrigated the tank, replaced the filters and checked the pump.

The mistake was a workshop operative leaving contaminated (read old) fuel from another bike in a canister reserved for fresh fuel and placing amongst them.

They test rode, delivered the bike to my home and agreed to carry out the 600 mile service at no cost.

It is warrantied for two years, with roadside recovery, so I am satisfied - for now...

Well that worked out well.  Recovered the ball quite nicely and then gave you a 600 mile service at no charge to prove they can do it right.  You bought the bike at the right dealer IMO.

The bad fuel may have been sour and not necessarily contaminated with particulate matter.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Burnsey said:

Glad to hear they got sorted and are treating you right.  Sounds like a good dealer.

Enjoy your new bike.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Spartan said:

Got lucky and found one in stock in Michigan 10.19.21

$11,287.00 OTD 

Almost 200 miles 

David 

80BE88F7-AEF2-4295-979B-775696FD06A6.jpeg

Congratulations!  And welcome to the forum.  Post often with pictures.  You need farkles.😉