Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 1 Finger Clutch

Camel ADV

Looks great, when would this be available and what can we expect price wise?

Thank you, 

Aleks 

• Like 1

Will this widen the feel of the Clutch grab? will this bring the friction zone closer to the bars, easier reach for short fingered thugs like myself..

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
9 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Looks great, when would this be available and what can we expect price wise?

Thank you, 

Aleks 

We're finalizing a few things, not ETA or price just yet.

8 hours ago, OU812 said:

Will this widen the feel of the Clutch grab? will this bring the friction zone closer to the bars, easier reach for short fingered thugs like myself..

It will widen the friction zone but it won't shorten the distance lever location. With more mechanical advantage, you need more lever movement to accomplish the same movement at the clutch shaft.

• Like 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• Supporting Vendor
8 hours ago, Ol'crazy said:

Unfortunately with the OEM crash bars there is not much free space. Have you thought about it? 😬

OEM crash bars and clutch arms...  photo of what clearance you’re referring to?

• Supporting Vendor
2 hours ago, Ol'crazy said:

It is difficult to see in the photos, but the free space is about 16mm.

leva-embrague.jpg

Hmmm... we can't create space and the arm's location is fixed so I'm going to say they won't be compatible (based solely on these photos anyway).

• Sad 1

Liking what appears to = 3 options for leverage length here. T7 clutch is lighter than the DRZ but still wouldn't mind softening it up a little even if at the expense of a slightly wider friction zone. 

I'm sold already, Cory!

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
3 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

Liking what appears to = 3 options for leverage length here. T7 clutch is lighter than the DRZ but still wouldn't mind softening it up a little even if at the expense of a slightly wider friction zone. 

I'm sold already, Cory!

Stock length plus 2 more softer options

• Like 4

I'd be all over this. I don't find the clutch heaviness to be too bad, but a bit lighter would be nice. Coming from an 1190, I find the engagement a bit sharp, and would welcome a slightly broader engagement/friction zone. Please reply to this thread when it's available!

Edited by jonboy99
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor

The product page is up on our site now. The kit isn't available just yet but soon. You can enter your email address on the product page to be notified when we add stock.

IMG_5157_medium.jpg?v=1606958812

The 1 Finger Clutch Kit we designed for the KTM 790ADV has been our best selling product EVER! We've been swamped with requests for a similar kit for the wildly popular Yamaha 700 Tenere. We happy to announce the T7 1 Finger Clutch kits are in production and due shortly! Using all the...

• Like 7

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, BLZ2DWL said:

Waiting patiently to order! @Camel ADV, does the cable holder require bending?

Yeah, you need it as straight as you can get it to the new hole location(s). We made a few prototype cable guides. We had intended to offer it as an option... I say as an option because I think if given the choice between buying a new cable guide for $$ or slightly bending the stock guide plate, most people would choose the latter. Anyway, I really wasn't stoked with the direction the guide bracket was headed so we've scrapped it for now but will revisit when we have a bit more time.

I might have to put this on my list of mods, although I only use clutch for downshifting and 1st to 2nd gear as I have a quickshifter, must admit this is something I would like to have... @Rich TTyou could use this as well... Add it on the spreadsheet 👌🔥🤣

• Like 1

Will you be wholesaling to Adventuremoto in Sydney?

• Like 1

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

• Supporting Vendor
On 12/12/2020 at 2:13 AM, Rider 101 said:

Will you be wholesaling to Adventuremoto in Sydney?

Yup, Steve and the crew at Adventure Moto will order some soon I'm sure.

On 12/12/2020 at 3:36 AM, didier said:

Did you have to cut the R&G side cover to install the lever?

Nope, not cutting required.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

The 1 Finger Clutch kits are up on the site and available top order!

IMG_5589_medium.jpg?v=1607900628

The 1 Finger Clutch Kit we designed for the KTM 790ADV has been our best selling product! We've been swamped with requests for a similar kit for the wildly popular Yamaha 700 Tenere. We happy to announce the T7 1 Finger Clutch kits are in production and due shortly! Using all the knowledge...

Intro and Install Video:

• Like 3

I just ordered a red one.  Cheers and thanks again Cory for making great products for the ADV community.

• Like 2