Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
Rich TT

Tenere 700 Luggage options

Recommended Posts

Rich TT

Hi all,

 

Does anyone have any luggage fitted to their T7 and what do you like?

 

I'm interested in a top box initially and have looked at the official Yamaha option, but also H&B and SW-Motech. I must admit, I like the look of the SW-Motech and the top rack looks less intrusive than the Yamaha one, plus it's >£200 cheaper for the whole set-up.

 

offtheroad.de have some great options

 

gpt_06_799_19000-sw-motech-top-case-syst

SW-Motech TRAX ADV Top Case System Yamaha Tenere 700 - TRAX ADV top case system Yamaha Tenere 700 This complete solution contains everything required for installing a top case: TRAX ADV top case, bike

Any advice gratefully received.

 

Rich

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rich TT

Anyone able to comment here at all please? I'm guessing someone must have luggage.

 

Cheers

Rich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H700

The advantage of the official Yamaha Topcase-rack (made by Givi) is, that any Givi or Kappa Monokey topcase will fit on the rack without the need of any additional adapter plate. So if you do not choose the quite expensive Yamaha topcase (made by Givi...) you have a relatively wide choice of cheaper alternatives and size options.

IMO the official Yamaha Topcase-rack is the most versatile options and if you decide lateron to use panniers you have the option to add the panniers side racks...

Regarding the look this is a matter of taste: you either like it or not ;-)

 

Peter

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rich TT
5 minutes ago, H700 said:

The advantage of the official Yamaha Topcase-rack (made by Givi) is, that any Givi or Kappa Monokey topcase will fit on the rack without the need of any additional adapter plate. So if you do not choose the quite expensive Yamaha topcase (made by Givi...) you have a relatively wide choice of cheaper alternatives and size options.

IMO the official Yamaha Topcase-rack is the most versatile options and if you decide lateron to use panniers you have the option to add the panniers side racks...

Regarding the look this is a matter of taste: you either like it or not 😉

 

Peter

Thanks Peter. That's helpful.

 

Rich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cabby
1 hour ago, H700 said:

The advantage of the official Yamaha Topcase-rack (made by Givi) is, that any Givi or Kappa Monokey topcase will fit on the rack without the need of any additional adapter plate. So if you do not choose the quite expensive Yamaha topcase (made by Givi...) you have a relatively wide choice of cheaper alternatives and size options.

IMO the official Yamaha Topcase-rack is the most versatile options and if you decide lateron to use panniers you have the option to add the panniers side racks...

Regarding the look this is a matter of taste: you either like it or not 😉

 

Peter

I'd be more tempted to buy the very same without the yamaha stamping, it's circa £100 cheaper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Totti

I bought a Giant Loop for my Tenere. Haven't fitted it yet because I don't have a rear rack. And the winter is coming to Finland. I have had both, hard and soft luggage, before. Now wen't for the soft one, because I don't want to ruin the beautiful lines and shape of the bike by adding hard luggage cases and pannier racks to it.

Edited by Totti
  • Like 4

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rich TT
26 minutes ago, Totti said:

I bought a Giant Loop for my Tenere. Haven't fitted it yet because I don't have a rear rack. And the winter is coming to Finland. I have had both, hard and soft luggage, before. Now wen't for the soft one, because I don't want to ruin the beautiful lines and shape of the bike by adding hard luggage cases and pannier racks to it.

Really helpful thanks and I agree. The Giant Loop do look great. I've looked at them. If you could share any pictures fitted to the bike once you have it, that would be brilliant.

 

Cheers

Rich

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Totti
On 10/22/2019 at 12:59 PM, Rich TT said:

Really helpful thanks and I agree. The Giant Loop do look great. I've looked at them. If you could share any pictures fitted to the bike once you have it, that would be brilliant.

 

Cheers

Rich

Yes I will but it may take some time as I have put the bike to hibernation sleep and probably won't be visiting it anytime soon.

  • Like 1

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrisH

Hi, got this SW Motech seat bag after seeing one on another forum, fits well on the four existing mounting points,  26 litre expanding to 35 I think. 
by the way I’m in Shepshed if you want to have a look.

1818EC11-1E31-4111-A2FF-EAB20DD9A842.jpeg

449A5C4B-09FF-43D6-9EA5-4FBE17F81BFB.jpeg

Edited by ChrisH
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rich TT

That looks great I must say, without the top heaviness of a rear top box/rack.

 

Did if just fit straight on and where did you buy it, if you don't mind me asking?

 

Shepshed - literally 10 mins from me. Would be great to have a look. Feel free to message me direct. I can share the things I've done to mine if you're interested.

 

Cheers

Rich

Edited by Rich TT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bror
On 10/27/2019 at 5:53 PM, Rugged Roads said:

We've just got our Tenere in the shop, so slung a set of Enduristan Blizzards on it.

 

These are the Large (total 24Ltr), but the XLarge (total 34Ltr) still have no clearance issue with the exhaust:

 

LUSA-0007-Blizzard.jpg

If you're riding offroad, you don't carry the same stuff as you would on a pure road trip, right? That’s why Enduristan chose a modular approach for the Blizzard Saddle Bags.

 

IMG_2519.thumb.JPG.451264dc9cb194ed484fb01776708d99.JPGIMG_2516.thumb.JPG.36eba6423cf4c21e8183debd2ac6dfc4.JPGIMG_2515.thumb.JPG.795547d6dc14e2e3996d2dafd11a117d.JPG

Thanks for the good pictures. Do you think the Enduristan Blizzard can be used with Yamaha rear package holders?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rugged Roads
3 hours ago, Bror said:

Thanks for the good pictures. Do you think the Enduristan Blizzard can be used with Yamaha rear package holders?

Yes - absolutely 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MGG

Looking at available options ... 
The Yamaha rear carrier rack weight=6.3kg ... (that is heavy I would think and those handles are useless) So I am still waiting for proper alternatives. (Probably OutbackMotortek can supply something decent.)

 

Then I need to figure out what is needed to carry stuff, and most of the time I think that a hard case is more practical (when not on the trails).

The Yamaha top box volume=42L ... max load=10kg ... weight=5kg

Givi Outback volume=58L ... max load=10kg   ... weight=6.2kg

 

Still shopping around for proper soft cases and most require rear carrier, so I might as well have one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yammybound88

I really like the Blizzard Saddle Bags - they will be hanging on my bike.

 

cheers

-Bob

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shaneygrog

I love the look of those Enduristan bags. I like the way they roll up and seal at the top opening. You could throw one of their Typhoon bags across the top of the two Blizards for a lot more space too. I have an old bag (like the typhoon) I used when kayaking that closes the same way and it sure is waterproof!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H700

If you`d like to watch all the news and updates on Luggage options soft and hard especially for the ténéré 700 showed on the EICMA in Milano this November from Enduristan, Givi, SM-Motech, Touratech etc. goto:

 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBqXwzvX-n4GCgNaj_QoqkQ

 

Interesting for me is that Givi's own solution is different from the one they build for and is sold by Yamaha...

 

Peter

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shaneygrog
10 hours ago, H700 said:

If you`d like to watch all the news and updates on Luggage options soft and hard especially for the ténéré 700 showed on the EICMA in Milano this November from Enduristan, Givi, SM-Motech, Touratech etc. goto:

 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBqXwzvX-n4GCgNaj_QoqkQ

 

Interesting for me is that Givi's own solution is different from the one they build for and is sold by Yamaha...

 

Pete

Excellent link, thanks mate, lots to look at there.

 

How big is that givi rack? It's HUGE! I think I could fit a fold out camper on that and then sleep on the back of the bike.  :) 

Edited by shaneygrog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H700

You mean like him...(snapshot taken on the Col d'Izoard in September)

Col_d'Izoard_sleeping_GS.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauri

Does anyone know if the original Yamaha top case support  is it compatible with the rear side carrierr sw motech? someone assembled this two differente part on your T7?

PhotoCollage_20191209_172902739[1].jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lupan

Look ar Pamir travel system, its here on Portugal.

Seems to be a nice quality, can you opinate abaut?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A.J.

I have the Mosko Moto Reckless 80 luggage system. Works really well with the oem yamaha rear rack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yammybound88
1 hour ago, A.J. said:

I have the Mosko Moto Reckless 80 luggage system. Works really well with the oem yamaha rear rack. imageproxy.php?img=&key=6a3749c85cdc35ae

Are there other options then the oem yamaha rear rack that would fit the Tenere.  I'm thinking of an aluminum rack with spacers.

 

cheers

-Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Koos

A small rack, for a small motorcycle! But it will hold a bigger bag!

20191219_101414.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co. or Tenere700.net .

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.