Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Luggage options

Rich TT

5 hours ago, r2r said:

I can't decide at the moment whether I need hard or soft panniers, but probably I will end up with soft ones (Enduristan Blizzard at 99%).

I want to ride anyway, so for the time of "thinking" I have just bought Swiss Army backpacks, coated with rubber.

They are from a military stock, completely new and for the price of  11 EUR/pcs.   Yes, eleven - I couldn't resist 🙂

I found it here (it's in Polish but google translates it pretty well) :

hanet_logo.png

Oryginalny plecak piechoty górskiej Armii Szwajcarskiej. Niezwykle solidnie wykonany, specyfikacja

Got it yesterday and I don't have side racks yet, but backpacks on T7 look like this:

tenere_plecak4.thumb.jpg.462916026d8bad44dbaf61ce4e7af785.jpg

tenere_plecak3.thumb.jpg.f40fd3835a57ff16093ab489629a6581.jpg

tenere_plecak1.thumb.jpg.13b96bd1ca3d93679b0ef2e107d83d04.jpg

@r2r Do you have a picture from the rear end of the bike with the bag on and no side rack?

No, I don't have it, but I can take a picture tomorrow, if you need.

However there is no way to use it without rack, especially on the right side, because it will burn from the exhaust. Besides a rack I'm gonna make an additional barrier from a heat resistant fabric (any suggestions will be highly appreciated 🙂 ).

Left backpack could even stay in the position shown on pictures, but I will slightly push away the bottom side to make some space for a toolbox on the inside of the rack.

Maybe this photo would help a bit:

tenere_plecak5.thumb.jpg.a3978bc3525c106bfcf8fc0f5e82dd14.jpg

Edited by r2r
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, r2r said:

No, I don't have it, but I can take a picture tomorrow, if you need.

However there is no way to use it without rack, especially on the right side, because it will burn from the exhaust. Besides a rack I'm gonna make an additional barrier from a heat resistant fabric (any suggestions will be highly appreciated 🙂 ).

Left backpack could even stay in the position shown on pictures, but I will slightly push away the bottom side to make room for a toolbox on the inside of the rack.

Maybe this photo would help a bit:

tenere_plecak5.thumb.jpg.a3978bc3525c106bfcf8fc0f5e82dd14.jpg

I see

Thanks!

Was curious if bag is JUST far enough from the pipe, maybe some heat shield to the pipe would do.

Having this love/hate relationship with the rack lol...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TimmyTheHog said:

I see

Thanks!

Was curious if bag is JUST far enough from the pipe, maybe some heat shield to the pipe would do.

Having this love/hate relationship with the rack lol...

Have you seen the rack from adventure spec... I can't stand racks and that could be the only one I would choose. 

7 hours ago, r2r said:

I can't decide at the moment whether I need hard or soft panniers, but probably I will end up with soft ones (Enduristan Blizzard at 99%).

I want to ride anyway, so for the time of "thinking" I have just bought Swiss Army backpacks, coated with rubber.

They are from a military stock, completely new and for the price of  11 EUR/pcs.   Yes, eleven - I couldn't resist 🙂

I found it here (it's in Polish but google translates it pretty well) :

hanet_logo.png

Oryginalny plecak piechoty górskiej Armii Szwajcarskiej. Niezwykle solidnie wykonany, specyfikacja

Got it yesterday and I don't have side racks yet, but backpacks on T7 look like this:

tenere_plecak4.thumb.jpg.462916026d8bad44dbaf61ce4e7af785.jpg

tenere_plecak3.thumb.jpg.f40fd3835a57ff16093ab489629a6581.jpg

tenere_plecak1.thumb.jpg.13b96bd1ca3d93679b0ef2e107d83d04.jpg

Nice and waterproof 👍

I use U-bag which is suitable for solo riding, but I've ordered those backpacks too, don't ask me why.....I like green color🤢

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 5:55 PM, Scottnet said:

@ChrisH , when this is empty does it squash down fairly flat. And what would be great is if it had quick release connectors so you could take it in with you 

Hi, sorry just seen this, no it doesn’t really fold flat, it’s not quick release but it doesn’t take long to fit or remove. 2 minutes each way I guess.  Due to a change of plans this isn’t going to be used. It’s brand new, will take £120 posted if anyone is looking for one. 👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted the Outback Motortek's rear rack and a Giant Loop. In my opinion, it fits nicely. It sits quite far from the exhaust, but I will probably mount the heat shield just in case. There's even enough room for a tent or extra sack.

IMG_0030.thumb.jpg.fb54d88fd334b56c256c796b663233a6.jpgRESIZED_20200307_112118.thumb.jpg.bbbc82d6f1b74259b11613dd41591f53.jpgIMG_0030.thumb.jpg.fb54d88fd334b56c256c796b663233a6.jpg

• Like 2

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

As I await arrival of my new T7, I am searching for accessories, either here in Canada or abroad.  Anyone have suggestions for racks suitable for soft panniers such as Mosko Moto panniers?

I have found the following:  

Outback Motortek:  Price CND273 from DualSport Plus.  My concern about this offering is the width.  There is room for a Rotopax on the inside indicating the width.  See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG8os8y77XM

Hepco Becker:  Price CDN440.  Appears to be good quality. Does anyone know the total width of these racks?

Touratech:  Price CDN500

Caribou:  Price CDN$440

Thanks!

-2010996787_MoskoMotoandOBMcrashbars.thumb.jpg.fb39c33a2676efa7c79465385093a9b1.jpgPete

spacer.png

• Like 1

@petebcca, the prototype adventure spec aluminum rack on pg 3 of this thread looks to have good potential.

I just bought the new Tusk rackless system.  I'll try it on my KLR until my Tenere gets here.  I need a rear rack that is fairly flat to mount a Rotopax can to.  Nothing I've seen so far looks to accommodate both the mounting straps for the Tusk bags and a Rotpax without breaking the bank.  I like the homebrew ones I've seen here, just add a plate for a Rotopax mount.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2019 at 5:53 PM, Rugged Roads said:

We've just got our Tenere in the shop, so slung a set of Enduristan Blizzards on it.

These are the Large (total 24Ltr), but the XLarge (total 34Ltr) still have no clearance issue with the exhaust:

LUSA-0007-Blizzard.jpg

If you're riding offroad, you don't carry the same stuff as you would on a pure road trip, right? That’s why Enduristan chose a modular approach for the Blizzard Saddle Bags.

IMG_2519.thumb.JPG.451264dc9cb194ed484fb01776708d99.JPGIMG_2516.thumb.JPG.36eba6423cf4c21e8183debd2ac6dfc4.JPGIMG_2515.thumb.JPG.795547d6dc14e2e3996d2dafd11a117d.JPG

Are the straps lying over the saddle easy to take apart and put together?

I opted for the Enduristan Monsoon 3 which touch the pipe so I built a small shield which works well.

I found the panniers well constructed and they worked well. Due to isolation requirements I only used them for the one night camping so far but have used them for grocery shopping too, I haven't tried them in the wet yet. 

I tried my Altrider Hemisphere on my T700 for fit yesterday.  I've had this bag for over 5 years now and used it on DR650, CRF250 Rally and KTM Adventure and I really like the way it works.

So it seems to fit the T700 just as well and alloys me to use my Kriega bag on the rack as well. I need to give it a trial ride to see if it's ok but that will have to wait for a while .

F95DC194-F311-4C8A-90E7-7CB17D1312DA.jpg

62F7070B-AE05-4501-AD52-0B767841B1A2.jpg

• Like 2

The Kreiga OS-6 is a very good fit on the Adventurespec crash bars.

20200415_083127.jpg

• Like 6

The Adventurespec rear and side racks finally turned up! The virus has slowed down delivery. I love them! Lightweight and they didn't make the T7's butt look big! 

20200415_084118.jpg

• Like 7

All dressed up, plenty of places to see, just require government permission to go!

20200415_084754.jpg

20200415_083346.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Louis said:

The Adventurespec rear and side racks finally turned up! The virus has slowed down delivery. I love them! Lightweight and they didn't make the T7's butt look big! 

20200415_084118.jpg

Best looking side rack on the market. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Louis said:

20200415_084118.jpg

The Adventure spec rear rack is definitely the best looking,  following the line of the bike.  Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Louis said:

All dressed up, plenty of places to see, just require government permission to go!

20200415_083346.jpg

Interesting use of the Altrider holster, I never though of doing that.  Thanks for the photo, I may give that a go on mine.

Tried the Mosko Moto Backcountry but found it a bit too wide. Returned it (with no problem - thanks Roel!) and exchanged it for the new Reckless 80 Revolver. Could not be happier. Plenty of options to position the bag. 

IMG_0255 2.jpg

IMG_0026 2.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, rknoerk said:

Tried the Mosko Moto Backcountry but found it a bit too wide. Returned it (with no problem - thanks Roel!) and exchanged it for the new Reckless 80 Revolver. Could not be happier. Plenty of options to position the bag. 

IMG_0255 2.jpg

IMG_0026 2.jpg

How does it fit against exhaust?

With the Backcountry, the exhaust is no issue since the rack provides for adequate spacing. The Reckless 80 ships with an exhaust shield. But as you can see in the pictures you don't even need it. What's nice about the Revolver is that you can change the angle of the bags. I positioned them forward (position 2) to keep them aligned with the foot rests and to follow the slim contour of the bike. On a bigger bike, you would go with position 0 or 1. On a small bike, go up to 3. Ingenious design - in particular when you want to use the bags on another bike. 

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

On 4/15/2020 at 1:39 AM, Louis said:

20200415_084118.jpg

Hi Louis, that looks great!

Adventure Spec states that the side racks canNOT be mounted together with the passenger footpegs. So my question is, did you have any problems in mounting racks and pegs together? Thanks in advance, Olli