Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Luggage options

Rich TT

I went for the Kriega OS Base with a pair of 12L bags. Works really well, much cheaper and lighter than hard luggage.

I've just ordered an 18L to mount on the top to increase the capacity for a TET Spain trip later this year. Did the South West UK TET with them a few months ago and they worked brilliantly:

https://9to5adv.com/kriega-os-base-and-adventure-pack-review/

20191020_114604.jpg

• Like 5

9to5adv.com

20 minutes ago, manny said:

made some stainless pannier bag loops to suit the awesome Australian made Andy Strapz bags. not sure whether I like the look but the setup suits me, I can have the Givi sportbag which holds 2 tubes, levers, pump & tools on the rear rack for 2 up or on the pillion seat when I am on my own also if I am going away camping I can strap my swag on the pillion seat

IMG_2914.JPG

IMG_2915.JPG

IMG_2919.JPG

IMG_2921.JPG

Looks ace. Nice and narrow still, but lots of luggage space and no heavy weight of hard panniers/extra side racks. I'd rather drop the bike with soft luggage too.

Great job.

Rich

• Like 4

On 2/7/2020 at 10:53 AM, gone2seed said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d66d46be512242a12d8e43ca26d954eb.jpegGiant loop great basin for week end trips.

@gone2seed I am debating between Mosko Moto and Giantloop...

how does it look on the exhaust side or are the heatshield still required as Mosko Moto recommends?

11 minutes ago, TimmyTheHog said:

@gone2seed I am debating between Mosko Moto and Giantloop...

how does it look on the exhaust side or are the heatshield still required as Mosko Moto recommends?

That looks to me like a GS Seat and it will be much wider than the T7 narrow back... I still think the best rackless solution for this bike is Enduristan blizzard.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Best luggage rack I've seen by far I think.. Once it is painted.. Could be the lightest option as well. 

Screenshot_20200214-122951.jpg

Yes and much more like it.

Light (aluminium), robust and could work well with throwovers/side soft bags and stop the side panels getting scuffed, work well to protect the side-panels if dropped and allow a soft bag or hard case on the top with the right adapter plate. I like it!

Is it a prototype as can't find it anywhere?

Edited by Rich TT
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Yes and much more like it.

Light (aluminium), robust and could work well with throwovers/side soft bags and stop the side panels getting scuffed, work well to protect the side-panels if dropped and allow a soft bag or hard case on the top with the right adapter plate. I like it!

Is it a prototype as can't find it anywhere?

And you can have them off the bike in 5 minutes and just use the top rack for daily use if you are not carrying luggage... Well designed I think 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Where can you buy it as I can't find it anywhere (unless I'm being blind)?

EC134E6A-6659-47AF-A027-B5C57028CDED.thumb.jpeg.0628063b457e5dcc61adb7034ce1093a.jpeg

but I think it’s only prototype so far

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bikeever said:

EC134E6A-6659-47AF-A027-B5C57028CDED.thumb.jpeg.0628063b457e5dcc61adb7034ce1093a.jpeg

but I think it’s only prototype so far

They have announced today on Instagram that it has passes the prototype stage and it is going into production... Not long now I guess. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aleksandar13 said:

They have announced today on Instagram that it has passes the prototype stage and it is going into production... Not long now I guess. 

Excellent. I don't do social media (other than this forum!!).

Cheers

Rich

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 9:04 AM, ChrisH said:

Hi, got this SW Motech seat bag after seeing one on another forum, fits well on the four existing mounting points,  26 litre expanding to 35 I think. 
by the way I’m in Shepshed if you want to have a look.

1818EC11-1E31-4111-A2FF-EAB20DD9A842.jpeg

449A5C4B-09FF-43D6-9EA5-4FBE17F81BFB.jpeg

@ChrisH , when this is empty does it squash down fairly flat. And what would be great is if it had quick release connectors so you could take it in with you 

The latest picture of this rack with some soft luggage from their website.... 

I personally think these racks with xs12 from enduristan on each side will be the killer setup.. Narrow and 24 litres capacity for short trips or solo rides.

Exciting times are coming 😀

Screenshot_20200216-210848.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

The latest picture of this rack with some soft luggage from their website.... 

I personally think these racks with xs12 from enduristan on each side will be the killer setup.. Narrow and 24 litres capacity for short trips or solo rides.

Exciting times are coming 😀

Screenshot_20200216-210848.jpg

I agree exactly and good call. That's the combo I'm eyeing up. Looking forward to the rack/side bits being released.

• Like 3

I can't decide at the moment whether I need hard or soft panniers, but probably I will end up with soft ones (Enduristan Blizzard at 99%).

I want to ride anyway, so for the time of "thinking" I have just bought Swiss Army backpacks, coated with rubber.

They are from a military stock, completely new and for the price of  11 EUR/pcs.   Yes, eleven - I couldn't resist 🙂

I found it here (it's in Polish but google translates it pretty well) :

hanet_logo.png

Oryginalny plecak piechoty górskiej Armii Szwajcarskiej. Niezwykle solidnie wykonany, specyfikacja

Got it yesterday and I don't have side racks yet, but backpacks on T7 look like this:

tenere_plecak4.thumb.jpg.462916026d8bad44dbaf61ce4e7af785.jpg

tenere_plecak3.thumb.jpg.f40fd3835a57ff16093ab489629a6581.jpg

tenere_plecak1.thumb.jpg.13b96bd1ca3d93679b0ef2e107d83d04.jpg

Edited by r2r
  • Like 9

13 hours ago, TimmyTheHog said:

Saw that on ADVrider. Assuming you had to drool & mount new holes to fit the ring?

I made a bracket with two different hole images, and screwed through the holes that already is in the rack.
The bracket also needed to be raised 8mm to fit.

• Thanks 1