Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New T7 Raid from Yamaha

James

1 hour ago, Liquidape said:

Can you take some pick of how the steering damper is mounted?  I’m really curious to see if it could be mounted on a regular T7 easily, or if it’s mounted on some part specific to the new tank on the Raid version. 

Hi @Liquidape See the pics I just took. The mountings are entirely bespoke to the WR  

D44076B3-E2DC-4BD5-881E-E8F1CAE13AC6.jpeg

E05AF802-2724-4806-B455-D3A0A719B253.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, LeighA said:

Hi @Landshark  I figured my old T7 was only a few weeks ago. I tested it against a GPS app on a iPhone 12 mini. It was reading 10% slower across all speed limits. I can confirm from a test just run that the WR is exactly the same. Still, at this rate I’ll never get a speeding ticket on tarmac. Now off-road, that’s another matter!!!

Thanks! I also made this 10% observation. I adopted to it...

I heard that distances do match gps distances quite well!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LeighA said:

Hi @Liquidape See the pics I just took. The mountings are entirely bespoke to the WR  

D44076B3-E2DC-4BD5-881E-E8F1CAE13AC6.jpeg

E05AF802-2724-4806-B455-D3A0A719B253.jpeg

Thanks!  Well there goes that idea. Looks like the mounts are part of the WR FRP side support panels. 

• Like 2

Leaves us mortals with the Scotts solution...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

Head out for a rip with these two

Dude, this video was already shared on the previous page ^^

Edited by marcaureladv

12 minutes ago, marcaureladv said:

So good they shared it twice. 🤣

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, marcaureladv said:

Well, apparently I missed that. Watch it twice, maybe 3 times…

• Haha 1

Windy roads and suicidal sheep. Has the be the Brecon Beacons. I think I’m starting to appreciate the KYB shocks. 

1ACACA69-0242-42A8-953D-F0FFE114247A.jpeg

• Like 5

Had a sit on one on Wednesday, feels about the same height as a T7RE, but the damping and spring rate is definitely stiffer. Looks great in black and blue, seat feels much softer than an RE torture device (I mean seat). Didn’t get top see the new dash switched on, but I sure its a nice touch. It would appear that sadly Yamaha have fitted the same spokes as those on the previous T7’s so they’ll need changing at some point unless your not bothered about the corrosion. Do think Yamaha have made a mistake with the price, but Overall a very nice bike. 

• Like 4

Morning guys, new here so go easy on me😬Got one of these last week. Switched from 10yr old GS. The WR model definitely divides opinion among the Tenere fans clearly😂I get all the views guess you can’t please everyone. Gotta say loving it so far. Comfy, feels miles lighter than the GS (not sure why since it isn’t that much lighter), motor is a joy. Tall tho. Not got it muddy yet but planning to swerve Starbucks and get lost in the hills as soon as I can..

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JimT said:

Morning guys, new here so go easy on me😬Got one of these last week. Switched from 10yr old GS. The WR model definitely divides opinion among the Tenere fans clearly😂I get all the views guess you can’t please everyone. Gotta say loving it so far. Comfy, feels miles lighter than the GS (not sure why since it isn’t that much lighter), motor is a joy. Tall tho. Not got it muddy yet but planning to swerve Starbucks and get lost in the hills as soon as I can..

Hi @JimT Glad you are enjoying her. She is tall isn’t she!? Glad I have the legs for it. Interesting swap you did there. I always feel that if I grow up I’ll move to a GS. 😉 Enjoy those fire trails and tracks, watch out for deep muddy ruts.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Woopwoop!

Finally she is here...  🥰

Tomorrow I will get keys and Documents and can get her home

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-20 at 13.23.31.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, marcaureladv said:

Woopwoop!

Finally she is here...  🥰

Tomorrow I will get keys and Documents and can get her home

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-20 at 13.23.31.jpeg

I hope you will wear some boots tomorrow... Congrats!

23 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Just wrap a rag around the gear selector 😆

No problem with shifting through the gears so far.... Been ocassionally riding my wife's standard T7...

Sometimes ou just have to use a little bit more force 😉

25 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Ouch 

I forgot to engage my clutch and brain yesterday and accidentally quick-shifted mine. Must have been in the Goldilocks zone. 
But seriously, hope you don’t let the Summer weather go to your brain. All the gear, all the time. 😀

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LeighA said:

I forgot to engage my clutch and brain yesterday and accidentally quick-shifted mine. Must have been in the Goldilocks zone. 
But seriously, hope you don’t let the Summer weather go to your brain. All the gear, all the time. 😀

Up or down?

I think the Goldilocks zone for up is between 1,5k and 10k rpm, for all gears...

• Like 1

T’was up! And there was me thinking I was special. Or just the other “special”… I’ll try it at 10k after the 600 mile service. 😉

• Haha 1

To be honest, I vastly exaggerated my skills 😁

But it's actually quite easy to upshift without clutch operation, even when you're not really taking care of releasing the throttle for a short time.

• Like 1

I think the trick is to not forget it’s not a proper blipper and crunch down. 
I will practice up-shifts more off-tarmac now though. #HappyAccident.

Edited by LeighA
  • Like 1

I think i upshift more without clutch than with and sometimes also down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Test rode a WR yesterday for a few hours and have to say it a better bike than the T7, seat is much improved over the RE and standard seat, suspension is much better damped and sprung, I like the TFT, simple and easy to read, new footrest are great for standing and the fuelling was very good. Wind protection was appreciably much better. Looks the mutts too, both in black or blue. 

Negatives are the right hand scroll wheel for the menu etc, very fiddly, and the on/off throttle at slow speed, same as my RE was. Fuel caps are daft, you cannot remove the key to open both, so you have to top one tank up, hold the fuel nozzle while you lock the fuel cap and then open the other to refuel the second tank. 

Overall a very good bike and that CP2 engine is the perfect engine for this bike, its sooooo flexible. Still miffed about no tubeless wheels or cruise, but rest of bike makes up for it. Congrats to anyone who has bought one. 

Edited by FredBasset
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your view and comments @FredBasset I agree on all the good points,, and the bad. After a few fill ups the tanks are a doddle but yes the scroll wheel is useless. Fortunately only to be used for ABS selection. 
I’ve spent a lot of time over the past few weeks doing things like slow manoeuvring and slow whoops off-road to get used to the width and increase my confidence. I think my tight green Lane days may be all but over, but I’m certainly going to enjoy touring further with the ability to get off-tarmac, and I think that’s what it’s really made for.

I have a BMW RNineT Scrambler also, the manoeuvrability of the T7WR is hills and miles better. Maybe there will be two keepers after all.

• Like 4