Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What are the top five first upgrades that help the Tenere 700?

Cruizin

1 : ressorts K-tech

2 : Plaque de protection

3 : Barkbusters handguard

4 : Echappement Mivv Dakar

5 : Pneus

Edited by ALMAN

1) ProTaper Evo Adventure Low handlebars

2) Barkbusters Handguards

3) Coleman Maddog ATV seat cover

4) Windscreen riser

5) Black Widow Slip on Exhaust

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

• 3 months later...

For more off-road/ dirt bias riding :

1) heed crash bars (front and rear) + skid plate 

2) high exhaust. Cant stress this enough. Even a gentle flop over in the driveway is enough to cause issues. Rear heed crash bars limit options here, but I went with dominator high exhaust 

2) adjustable wind screen: wind buffeting is brutal imo, so nice to raise it on the roads, then drop it for the trails 

4) 90 Nm rear spring from RR ( especially given that I have Installed lowering links). Lowering links aside, I found with only 20lbs of luggage the bike was way too spongy to ride . 

5) a simple Amazon special inflatable seat. Can pump it up for long road rides. Then deflate it once you hit the trails. I’m only 5’7” so it allows me to use the oem low seat , but not have to sit on (even harder) plywood . Once off the paved road, a comfortable seat doesn’t matter as much since I’m standing a lot 

These are my suggestions to keep it general and less rider-ergonomic specific. In reality, lowering links and tires were the first things I did . I feel most of us can likely agree that an uncomfortable stock seat is a universal truth lol

now looking to get bark busters and aftermarket handlebars that suit my short arms better 

2 hours ago, OK185 said:

Do the rear Heed crashbars even do anything?

Mostly, they are more for grab handles which I use frequently when the bike is stuck or needs to be spun around. They would do something to protect the rear plastics, but it would need to be uneven terrain for that to matter. I can say, mine are missing some paint 

1. Heed crashbars basic

2. Koso heated grips

3. Tires

4. Tires

5. Tires

• 4 weeks later...

1-endurance heated grips

2-Motoworks films offset plate for raft display

3-adjustable screen

4- rear rack

5-TPMS system

Having come from a sports touring background, with some dirt bike experience way back when I was a kid, the best money I've spent recently isn't on the bike. It is on me. Chris Birch's Say No To Slow adventure bike online training to be exact. The best USD35 I think I've ever spent. Absolute game-changer for me.

31 minutes ago, luke29ermtb said:

Having come from a sports touring background, with some dirt bike experience way back when I was a kid, the best money I've spent recently isn't on the bike. It is on me. Chris Birch's Say No To Slow adventure bike online training to be exact. The best USD35 I think I've ever spent. Absolute game-changer for me.

This price includes the ktm i guess....😜

Years ago i joined a ktm adventure rally with my 950 adv in Italy. Chris birch was there and gave us a riding class. Amazing what he can do and a great guy!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

1) camel ADV one finger clutch kit . 

2) rear chain guide/guard .                        

3)crash bars anything is better than none.   

4)camel ADV rear brake pedal 

5)tank bag

New guy here, long time on and off road rider.

bike is awesome for the price but no chain guard?! WTH yamaha at least put a plastic shark fin style under there to prevent something knocking the chain off the sprocket in the woods. The stock clutch feels stiff and is like an on/off switch the one finger clutch kit was an immediate game changer for me. I'm currently looking into the black dog cycle works skid plate because it looks downright Burly and I'm a pretty aggressive off road rider.