Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 decal kits

al700

I think these graphics from Brake Magazine in the UK are real classy

9K8A4992_medium.jpg?v=1629121462

When it comes to designing project bikes and graphics, we always wanted to make something that didn't look like every other race bike. We love racing as much as the next person but that doesn't mean we all want to look like...

• Like 5

Just got the proof for my SKDA kit, pretty psyched! Had them customize the kit a little bit, think it’s gonna look sharp. 

5DD01ADA-8E2E-4A45-AA87-D0AB34A5683C.jpeg

392219B6-BBD9-4E99-999A-F1A97EE1F3B3.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know who makes the blue and green decal kit in this video. Skip ahead to 2:23 for close up 

Edited by Wetdog

Hello All.  Question for those who have already installed a graphic kits on their bikes.  Did you remove all of the stock decals before installing the custom graphics kit?  Just wondering if leaving the stock graphics on will show the outline of the stock stickers through the custom graphic vinyl.   Just thinking ahead if I ever wanted to remove the custom graphics and go back to stock, I know that the stock stickers are still there.

Edited by rossifan46

Depends on the kit. Mine form SDKA was a thick heavy vinyl but you need heat to get it of again and i think you will damage the original decal.
Better take them off and when you want to go back to original order a new set OEM decals.

Thank you, @Ray Ride4life.  I will work on getting the stock graphics off before installing the kit.  Will post the bike here after the new graphics install.  Depending if it looks like shite or not🤪

Edited by rossifan46

• 2 weeks later...

Received my graphics from Kutvek and spent the weekend installing kit.  First time installing vinyl graphics, so it was a learning experience.   Overall very happy with the results.

GraphicsKit2.jpg

GraphicsKit4.jpg

GraphicsKit1.jpg

• Like 7

I keep wondering, with these kits, do you 'hide' the base plastic colour?

I've seen a few I would like, but they will clash with the red of my bike.

1 hour ago, DuncMan said:

Could you link me to that kit, please? Definitely one of my favourites! 👍

I've got mine also from SKDA but is have my own design containing the logo from my blog website.
IMG_20211113_160654.thumb.jpg.ce353780cef9b8791e8ae131ab5da131.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DuncMan said:

Could you link me to that kit, please? Definitely one of my favourites! 👍

Yamaha_Tenere_Cube_Blue__10395.158615659

If you are looking for a better way to show your team pride, look no more. Show off your numbers, name and logo with the new CUBE BLUE T7 Full Graphics Kit!

• Like 2

On 12/21/2021 at 1:45 PM, Burnsey said:

I keep wondering, with these kits, do you 'hide' the base plastic colour?

I've seen a few I would like, but they will clash with the red of my bike.

For the kit I went with, I went with one that fell in line with the stock plastics color wise.  Even went with matte graphics as the stock black plastics are a flat black.  If I put the same kit on say a white Tenere, you would definitely see white lines here and there.  There are fold marks in some of the graphics for the contour of the shape of the bike which expose small parts of the stock plastics.  There are also parts of the graphic kits where you have to line up the shapes perfect, and even then you can still slightly see bits of the stock plastics underneath.

So with that being said, I would definitely keep that in mind when picking a graphics kit.  At least for the kit I chose, and a few others I have seen, you will see some bits of the stock plastics.

Hope that helps! 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, rossifan46 said:

For the kit I went with, I went with one that fell in line with the stock plastics color wise.  Even went with matte graphics as the stock black plastics are a flat black.  If I put the same kit on say a white Tenere, you would definitely see white lines here and there.  There are fold marks in some of the graphics for the contour of the shape of the bike which expose small parts of the stock plastics.  There are also parts of the graphic kits where you have to line up the shapes perfect, and even then you can still slightly see bits of the stock plastics underneath.

So with that being said, I would definitely keep that in mind when picking a graphics kit.  At least for the kit I chose, and a few others I have seen, you will see some bits of the stock plastics.

Hope that helps! 

Thanks, thought as much, but with that info I can make a sensible choice.

No lime green then!

• Like 2

• Moderators

The visible base plastic color is what makes this difficult for owners of a US red ( almost maroon compared to the Euro red) to select a graphics kit.  Just about every one I've looked closely at matches the Euro red, not the US red.  Best compromise I've seen so far is to paint the plastics, which I'm not able to do. 

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

2 minutes ago, Bartek said:

Is quality good on those Motostill kits?   Are they thick or thin?

i would say moderate thickness, not thin by any means probably the average motocross graphic style. 

went on fairly well, have not had any lifting or bubbles appearing

• 1 month later...

Is there any concensus on who makes the best quality kits ?

I would be applying to a blue 21 tenere so assume I will need to paint plastics black to avoid background colors showing around the edges or have blue bikes been successfully covered without painting.  Trouble is with all of the great photos on here is that they are taken at a distance so difficult to know how they look up close.  Any feedback on that from those that did it

I think there is no brand that have 100% coverage and if you can find one i bet you could not apply it yourself.
Just choose a design that works with the original colour scheme.

On 11/27/2021 at 12:20 AM, Larson627 said:

Got my SKDA kit installed tonight, looking pretty fast! I’m usually more for a stealthy look, but I’m hoping the graphics will help hold the brittle plastics together lol 4565C8F5-8B3B-4AE8-9EBE-E625915C5377.thumb.jpeg.bd8ef08939f65c0bed05cb23b04bbcc2.jpeg

So is this a stock blue bike and if so were the stock non black plastics painted black before application of decals. 

Love this look by the way , nice job

• Like 2