Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New PP plastic fairing sets from RTech, Italy

Ede-DE

Well I do have the Camel side fairings on my T7. With the Acerbis tank there are the same flaws as with Acerbis plus OEM. On the upper edge that moulds into the tank there's a gap. But that's a problem with the Acerbis tank and not with the side fairings. See attachment.

And today the complete set from RTech is to be delivered. So I can compare the 2 side fairings from Camel and RTech . Camel and OEM are nearly the same, Camel is a bit heavier but fits properly.

Camel+Acerbistank.JPG

Attention!

RTech fairings are not compatible in combination with Acerbis tanks

I tried to change the fairings from Camel (that fits the Acerbis tank) to the parts from RTech. It's not possible.😩

The center cover fits with the tank as the back covers do.

RTech-Side-Fairing.jpg

Edited by Ede-DE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Ede-DE said:

I can't see any parts from RTech. Either wrong thread or wrong fotos. If the side fairings are the ones from Camel you better should post your negative review here.

@Tenere946 Welcome to the forum and No. Common courtesy dictates you do not post negative reviews until you give the forum vendor the opportunity to correct your issue.

As @Tenerider said, this forum doesn't condone bashing others. Take your remarks to the Off Topic section and be advised personal attacks will get you banned, so tread lightly.

• Thanks 3
  • Dislike 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

FB_IMG_1700741131043.jpg.c3b48f9c529b48b53f444a1bf182eef2.jpgMounted it 2 days ago, these are the light blue fairings. I really love the look, especially with the HP corse exhaust.

Only waiting for the CamelADV high fender kit.

FB_IMG_1700741125651.jpg

FB_IMG_1700741128218.jpg

Edited by Kruik013
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Kruik013 said:

Mounted it 2 days ago, these are the light blue fairings. I really love the look, especially with the HP corse exhaust.

FB_IMG_1700741125651.jpg

Great look, especially with golden rims!

I like challenges. Fixed the RTech parts to my bike but not w/o a little work. The Acerbis tank is a little wider so I had to rework the screw holes in the parts to fit properly to the tank.

The middle section doesn't fit correctly in the middle/under the tank. I have to live with that.

Unpassend2.JPG

Links.JPG

Rechts.JPG

• Like 6

I wrapped the OEM Panels…. As far as Rtech fitment,  I simply observed the provided installation photos of the RTech early in the thread.

I wouldn’t waist the money on plastic parts that aren’t broken. Plus, the colors are pretty tacky in my opinion. The 3m film I used cost me $80 USD.  I’m not sure how much the r-tech or camel plastic would cost. I don’t see any difference in replacing plastic for aesthetic reasons vs wrapping a bike. It’s winter where I live, I have a broken ankle and the time to learn a new skill. The wild looking SKDA graphics aren’t my thing. When I destroy my muffler, I will get a new one. When my plastic breaks, I will get new ones. My bike has been on its right side a few times and my exhaust is still in one piece. I don’t replace parts to prevent  breakage. I just replace broken parts. If you bought your bike and had a color choice you bought what you liked.  If you se the silver T7 on the trails be sure to waive. 

IMG_7582.jpeg

IMG_8196.jpeg

Edited by Charles De Mar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ede-DE said:

Well I do have the Camel side fairings on my T7. With the Acerbis tank there are the same flaws as with Acerbis plus OEM. On the upper edge that moulds into the tank there's a gap. But that's a problem with the Acerbis tank and not with the side fairings. See attachment.

And today the complete set from RTech is to be delivered. So I can compare the 2 side fairings from Camel and RTech . Camel and OEM are nearly the same, Camel is a bit heavier but fits properly.

Camel+Acerbistank.JPG

Attention!

RTech fairings are not compatible in combination with Acerbis tanks

I tried to change the fairings from Camel (that fits the Acerbis tank) to the parts from RTech. It's not possible.😩

The center cover fits with the tank as the back covers do.

RTech-Side-Fairing.jpg

Is it possible to fit the RTech sidecovers if you trim them a little to fit on the acerbistank?

I only got the sidecovers, and are about ordering the acerbistank...for upcoming long trip.

24 minutes ago, Charles De Mar said:

I wrapped the OEM Panels…. As far as Rtech fitment,  I simply observed the provided installation photos of the RTech early in the thread.

I wouldn’t waist the money on plastic parts that aren’t broken. Plus, the colors are pretty tacky in my opinion. The 3m film I used cost me $80 USD.  I’m not sure how much the r-tech or camel plastic would cost. I don’t see any difference in replacing plastic for aesthetic reasons vs wrapping a bike. It’s winter where I live, I have a broken ankle and the time to learn a new skill. The wild looking SKDA graphics aren’t my thing. When I destroy my muffler, I will get a new one. When my plastic breaks, I will get new ones. My bike has been on its right side a few times and my exhaust is still in one piece. I don’t replace parts to prevent  breakage. I just replace broken parts. If you bought your bike and had a color choice you bought what you liked.  If you se the silver T7 on the trails be sure to waive. 

IMG_7582.jpeg

IMG_8196.jpeg

Thanks for your input, pointless all the same 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kruik013 said:

FB_IMG_1700741131043.jpg.c3b48f9c529b48b53f444a1bf182eef2.jpgMounted it 2 days ago, these are the light blue fairings. I really love the look, especially with the HP corse exhaust.

FB_IMG_1700741125651.jpg

FB_IMG_1700741128218.jpg

That looks really smart 👍.

I think Rtech will sell plenty of these kits. Can’t understand why Polisport never produced a set even though they got lots of requests when the T7 first appeared.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BikeBrother said:

Is it possible to fit the RTech sidecovers if you trim them a little to fit on the acerbistank?

I only got the sidecovers, and are about ordering the acerbistank...for upcoming long trip.

No, it's not possible 'cause where the RTech vent holes are there is a part of the bigger tank. I checked and rechecked but it is impossible even if you try to cut bigger parts off the plastics. The Acerbis tank is completely in the way. But I will check again tomorrow. That will be in about 14 hours thanks to time difference...

Edited by Ede-DE

1 hour ago, Alan M said:

Thanks for your input, pointless all the same 🙄

Thanks for your opinion, pointless all the same. 

2 hours ago, Charles De Mar said:

IMG_7582.jpeg

IMG_8196.jpeg

I've got a pretty good deal, the complete set for €200. I like the agressive looks of the fairings, and broken one OEM fairing and the plastic holder. Despite crashbars.

I've had also bend the exhaust hanger when falling down pretty hard. Bend it back in time and saw a discount for the HPcorse exhaust.

Still, mine was a blue rally edition. Still got them in my shed. But I wanted a bike with less weight on it so removed all the crash protection and the OEM fairings will crack on a lay down. In the end, with the deal I've got its cheaper than getting new OEM fairings.20231112_110636.jpg.66adda54ed1940d8bcfb7843afbf279b.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kruik013 said:

I've got a pretty good deal, the complete set for €200. I like the agressive looks of the fairings, and broken one OEM fairing and the plastic holder. Despite crashbars.

I've had also bend the exhaust hanger when falling down pretty hard. Bend it back in time and saw a discount for the HPcorse exhaust.

Still, mine was a blue rally edition. Still got them in my shed. But I wanted a bike with less weight on it so removed all the crash protection and the OEM fairings will crack on a lay down. In the end, with the deal I've got its cheaper than getting new OEM fairings.20231112_110636.jpg.66adda54ed1940d8bcfb7843afbf279b.jpg

when I trash my exhaust, I will pay my deductible and let my insurance company pitch in on an exhaust. My insurance will pay for repairs. 

As announced I tried again and cut the stay on the front side fairing to see if it fits w/o it.  No chance at all. The Acerbis tank is way too wide for the RTech plastics.

There are gaps and in other places too much material you can't cut for stability here and there. And even if you mount it with force it looks ugly where the vent opening was before.

So in the end Acerbis tank and RTech plastic are a no go at all. The back covers are ok but the front ... Looks like a bike size L should fit into S 😉

KTech+Acerbis_tank-1.jpg

KTech+Acerbis_tank-2.jpg

KTech+Acerbis_tank-3.jpg

KTech+Acerbis_tank-4.jpg

KTech+Acerbis_tank-5.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Ede-DE said:

As announced I tried again and cut the stay on the front side fairing to see if it fits w/o it.  No chance at all. The Acerbis tank is way too wide for the RTech plastics.

There are gaps and in other places too much material you can't cut for stability here and there. And even if you mount it with force it looks ugly where the vent opening was before.

So in the end Acerbis tank and RTech plastic are a no go at all. The back covers are ok but the front ... Looks like a bike size L should fit into S 😉

KTech+Acerbis_tank-1.jpg

KTech+Acerbis_tank-2.jpg

KTech+Acerbis_tank-3.jpg

KTech+Acerbis_tank-4.jpg

KTech+Acerbis_tank-5.jpg

Did you ask the question before you ordered to see if they’d fit with the different tank?

1 minute ago, Ede-DE said:

KTech+Acerbis_tank-1.jpg

KTech+Acerbis_tank-2.jpg

KTech+Acerbis_tank-3.jpg

KTech+Acerbis_tank-4.jpg

KTech+Acerbis_tank-5.jpg

Thanks for sacrificing your panels, honestly! At least now we definitely know that they aren't compatible with an Acerbis tank.

• Like 3

On 11/24/2023 at 2:53 PM, Kruik013 said:

FB_IMG_1700741125651.jpg

FB_IMG_1700741128218.jpg

8 hours ago, Justin said:

@Kruik013 can I ask what front windshield is this? Did you plastidip it or bought it from somewhere? Thanks! 

It's the OEM with a matte black wrap on it. Had the foil already at home, added it 2 years ago and still love the looks of it.

On 11/25/2023 at 11:51 AM, Alan M said:

Did you ask the question before you ordered to see if they’d fit with the different tank?

No, I ordered on my own risk. What would you expect if you ask  "Does it fit?". I've been in the motorcycle business for some years and know the answers... For profit's sake it's always a "Yes!".

So as @Tenerider said, I sacrificed one of the fairings for everybody's advantage.

And btw a good friend of mine does plastic objects for a living and has all the necessary equipment to weld (with hot air) and repair that panel.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ede-DE said:

No, I ordered on my own risk. What would you expect if you ask  "Does it fit?". I've been in the motorcycle business for some years and know the answers... For profit's sake it's always a "Yes!".

So as @Tenerider said, I sacrificed one of the fairings for everybody's advantage.

And btw a good friend of mine does plastic objects for a living and has all the necessary equipment to weld (with hot air) and repair that panel.

Thanks for taking one for the team 🙂, personally would have asked the question first.

19 hours ago, Ede-DE said:

Thanks for the effort mate!

I was this close  ->||<- to placing the order on those panels...

My original tank I can manange with, most of the time, but it was bent by the previous owner, and I only use the Acerbis. 😞

I am thinking now how realistic is it for me to change the tank yearly twice for my longer summer trip on paved roads in remote areas 😞

On 11/20/2023 at 10:19 PM, Chris1974 said:

I contacted https://www.tt-kiosk.de/ to ask them if they could make replica's of the Rtech stickers they have on the demo bike. I really like the look of them and  I think the panels need some stickers otherwise they look a little plain and boring.

He made them for me and is sending them to me.

When I get them I will post it here.

image.jpeg.07c78a3f41a37e555d2d1d5ec094377a.jpeg

did you get printable file to share it?

5 hours ago, GEORGET7GREECE said:

did you get printable file to share it?

No, I ordered the stickers from him. Very good quality end not expensive.

Zonderstickers.jpg.bf4581426c74f1d41b2ad27b3160834f.jpg

Edited by Chris1974
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1