Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

Cruizin

Bookmark this website address,  www.yamahamotorsports.com/tenere-700

EDIT: Scroll down this thread for updated info! The order of delivery is soley dependant upon how fast the dealer submits their YDS claims on Friday, AFTER we preregister.  YAMAHA USA IS NOT USING DATES OF DEPOSITS MADE! 

On the 22nd, at noon EST we have to login and fill out registration, and choose if we want one of Yamaha's expensive accessory packs. 

Then we have to get a registration number emailed to us, take that to the dealer and then they enter the registration number into yamaha's system to confirm that we have paid the $500 registration .  The dealer has to submit the YDS claim with our registration numbers ASAP because this is what determines who gets their bike first. MAKE SURE YOUR DEALER KNOWS THIS!!!!!!

IMG_20200519_131432 (1).jpg

IMG_20200519_131600.jpg

IMG_20200519_134250.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 10.06.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 10.07.05 AM.png

• Like 4

If you already have paid a deposit, all you do is reserve your bike on that web link and then call your dealer with the reservation number that is emailed to you. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Scramble is correct.  And jump though an extra hurdle seems correct, unless the dealer sits and goes on that website for you, I would not trust them you may have to go do that extra hurdle yourself. 

I truly dislike and hate saying and I wish I was wrong: 

BUT from that website info..... 

The deposits that the dealers have does not mean any priority at all; 

it only means is you don’t have to arrange get the dealer the deposit when / if you get registration number from the website.

The dealer had your money all that time and you were not in a que, the que starts at noon on Friday. 

It is a first come first serve on Friday until all of the stock of PDP bikes are allocated by that website.

What a US mess.

USA dealers have been so shifty in the past and are still Shiite and crappy that even the Yamaha website warns them to not be fraudulent by trying to get these PDP bikes as showroom stock.

You US guys are on your own come noon Friday.  

Hope you all get an allocation from Yamaha.

Your dealers are a disgrace.

Yamaha open up the site and it is a free for all.

Best wishes.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Dave G said:

If you already have paid a deposit, all you do is reserve your bike on that web link and then call your dealer with the reservation number that is emailed to you. 

Agree..... I Hope everyone gets one reserved.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Bookmark this website address,  www.yamahamotorsports.com/tenere-700

On the 22nd, at noon EST we have to login and fill out registration, and choose if we want one of Yamaha's expensive accessory packs. 

Then we have to get a registration number emailed to us, take that to the dealer and then they enter the registration number into yamaha's system to confirm that we have paid the $500 registration .  

I have no idea yet what this means for us that have already paid deposits to our dealers and picked colors with our dealers. If we are now at the bottom of the list, I will be very upset. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 10.06.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 10.07.05 AM.png

I’d Be quite upset........

Info appears to show that you never where anywhere on any list.

1st come 1st gets website allocations opens and starts noon Friday. 

Hope that it works out all ok.

Best wishes. 

Ok, just got a whole bunch more info for you guys. Straight from Yamaha.  Yamaha USA does not seem to care when we paid deposits. 

Priority is based off of one thing.  The speed in which our dealers submit their YDS Claims to Yamaha on Friday AFTER we register for the preorder and give our dealers our Preorder registration number. 

Proof.

IMG_20200519_131600.jpg

Looks like a regulation Goat Rope getting ready to happen.

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

No way,

Ihave been to several goat ropes and a fair number of circle j*@&ks

and I ain’t never seen anything like this.

😂

Thank you for posting Rob. Now delete it and all related information... 😇

• Haha 1

I just spoke to my Dealer about this and once again they say they have my name tied to a bike through Yamaha. they said since i put down a deposit in Jan that my bike will be here june and to ignore online pdp, i hope this is the case im suposed to get a call back today with confermation number, I hope this is correct or im done waiting and im headed to local Ktm dealer to get a 790r. 

19 minutes ago, slakdawg said:

Thank you for posting Rob. Now delete it and all related information... 😇

Oh, believe me I considered keeping all this information to myself but I'm the owner of the forum that you guys come to for information just like this I owe it to all you guys to make sure we're all equally informed and that we all have an equal chance at getting one of these bikes so be prepared.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mr.motarded said:

I just spoke to my Dealer about this and once again they say they have my name tied to a bike through Yamaha. they said since i put down a deposit in Jan that my bike will be here june and to ignore online pdp, i hope this is the case im suposed to get a call back today with confermation number, I hope this is correct or im done waiting and im headed to local Ktm dealer to get a 790r. 

They are full of it. Have them read the bulletins above that were sent to them from Yamaha. Dealer stock orders don't begin until July. 

• Like 1

Looks like folks that already put their money down me included, we were the early worm that feeds the bird.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mr.motarded said:

Looks like folks that already put their money down me included, we were the early worm that feeds the bird.

Yamaha USA changed the game and didn't even warn their dealers. Im getting texts and PM's from people all over the country who's dealer's still haven't heard of this preorder on Friday, or what to do.

Me think's that Yamaha decided to try and sell a bunch of accessory packages all at once. 

Yes,

Sorry,

Rob my dealer and yours got back to us because Yamaha is trying to through their dealers under the bus.

Their claim that dealers are inflating their claims is bs.

Why?

All they have to admit  to is not having enough models to fulfill orders.

I used to like it when Repsol Honda guys would fall on their swords .

Yamaha has no loyality . 

Yup finally got a call back from the dealer and my January deposit doesn't mean anything,  they are going to order my bike then when the preorder opens. And I get it when i get it. Im so mad ive kept in contact with them through this whole process and all i got was lies. So after work today i went to ktm and sat on the 790 adventure r. What a ugly bike but it feels good. Its pretty expensive too 15,500 otd. 

Im getting an insurance quote now. I cant wait till the end of summer to get on an adventure bike. Im done with my supermoto ride everything that ive been doing for the last 6 years. 

Not me, Im sticking with the Yamaha T7. Im not paying $14000 usd for the KTM, thats way too much freaking money. 

Im getting the T7, and then Im putting new spings n the forks and the rear shock. That bike will be freaking awesome and still a lot less money then the KTM. Plus, the T7 engine is proven rock solid and long lasting. 

• Like 3

Yeah im going to wait to see what happens friday. Ive had lots of ktms and lots of Yamaha's, ktm is cool for a minute but none of them speak to me like my Yamaha's do. And nothing tops Yamaha reliably when i bought my new Raider of the show room floor back in 2008 and they offered me an extended warranty I told them i didn't even need the standard warranty cause i know how reliable they are. I have had 4 wr250r/x dual sports and all of them super high mile bikes with never an issue.  My first one had 50,000 miles on it when I sold it and never had an issue. And lots of that riding was WOT for hours. 

This whole ordeal just has me worked up, ive been waiting on the T7 since the first prototype video popped up. I was in contact with my dealer about dropping a deposit a year before he accepted it back in January and at that point i tried to pay for the bike in full but he wouldn't take any more then 500$ thank god. Hopefully i can get my name in the system without it crashing so i can get my bike before the summer is gone. I dont know if ill be able to wait that long. Have lots of riding planned but im on borrowed time due to worsening health conditions.  If i get to july and still no T7 im probably going to have to make a sacrifice and get the 790 adventure r.  Fingers crossed for all of us especially me. Lol

• Like 4

Good info to know, my dealer called this afternoon with the link to order and asked for me to email my conformation number.....but is wasn't explained in this way. This adds a sense of expedience to an already convoluted experience. Me thinks Yamaha USA has some explaining to do.

I have a 690 now and am super stoked for the T700, this will be the perfect do all. Been looking at the 790 or 801 but honestly I'm all KTMed out. Super capable and strong machines but very unreliable, I've spent way to much money on rebuilds on their quirky bikes, ya can't beat Japanese build quality!!

After all the hype, and all the time, and the advance deposits, I sure hope I get my bike 'cause it's going to be hard to explain to my wife why I'm in a jail cell after all the bad things I may do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Tommy2 said:

Good info to know, my dealer called this afternoon with the link to order and asked for me to email my conformation number.....but is wasn't explained in this way. This adds a sense of expedience to an already convoluted experience. Me thinks Yamaha USA has some explaining to do.

I have a 690 now and am super stoked for the T700, this will be the perfect do all. Been looking at the 790 or 801 but honestly I'm all KTMed out. Super capable and strong machines but very unreliable, I've spent way to much money on rebuilds on their quirky bikes, ya can't beat Japanese build quality!!

After all the hype, and all the time, and the advance deposits, I sure hope I get my bike 'cause it's going to be hard to explain to my wife why I'm in a jail cell after all the bad things I may do.

Ive owned a few KTM bikes. The Dirtbikes were all two strokes and really great bikes. But the 990 was not a great bike, I had a lot of issues with electronics and fuel pump.  Fuel pump issues are way too common with the KTM.  This CP2 engine we are getting is bullet proof, my fz07 forum co members have had zero issues. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr.motarded said:

Yeah im going to wait to see what happens friday. Ive had lots of ktms and lots of Yamaha's, ktm is cool for a minute but none of them speak to me like my Yamaha's do. And nothing tops Yamaha reliably when i bought my new Raider of the show room floor back in 2008 and they offered me an extended warranty I told them i didn't even need the standard warranty cause i know how reliable they are. I have had 4 wr250r/x dual sports and all of them super high mile bikes with never an issue.  My first one had 50,000 miles on it when I sold it and never had an issue. And lots of that riding was WOT for hours. 

This whole ordeal just has me worked up, ive been waiting on the T7 since the first prototype video popped up. I was in contact with my dealer about dropping a deposit a year before he accepted it back in January and at that point i tried to pay for the bike in full but he wouldn't take any more then 500$ thank god. Hopefully i can get my name in the system without it crashing so i can get my bike before the summer is gone. I dont know if ill be able to wait that long. Have lots of riding planned but im on borrowed time due to worsening health conditions.  If i get to july and still no T7 im probably going to have to make a sacrifice and get the 790 adventure r.  Fingers crossed for all of us especially me. Lol

Also, keep in mind a lot of this mess is due to the Covid 19 Virus. Yamaha's Jap plants are closed and staying closed until June 12th. That threw a big giant wrench in the normal pre order process. 

• Like 1

Yeah I know a lot of the hold up is due to Covid-19 and I understand that the hard part for me to understand is how much smoke the dealer was blowing up my.....

• Haha 2

I forwarded the email I received from Yamaha to my dealer.  He said he had looked into it and I needed to login and get the registration number Friday and send it to him ASAP.  Last email I had from him was about 10 minutes ago, I don’t believe he’s just being lazy so I’m pretty sure it’s up to us.

Friday should be a lot of fun.

• Like 1