Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

Cruizin

How many others have received a phone call confirmation/ congratulations from yamaha?

Dealer order system crashed and my dealer has not been able to enter orders.

• Like 1

Just received email that my dealer got it entered.

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor
27 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

My daler said the dealer system just crashed!!!! He cant submit his orders!  

lucious lyon wtf GIF

Same thing here.  My dealer immediately called his rep and gave him my confirmation number.

Oh well, it is what it is...

Dealer confirmed my order went in over an hour ago, but I still haven't gotten a phone call. I'm really hoping that's not a bad sign.

29 minutes ago, Mr.motarded said:

How many others have received a phone call confirmation/ congratulations from yamaha?

Dealer called, confirmed entry, no booty call from Yamaha☹️....yet.

I got a phone call at 9:41 my reservation number email was at 9:02. Pacific time. 

What a clusterfork system probably wouldn't have crashed if they just stuck with original preorders.  Now we wait.... again.

Just now, Cruizin said:

Live call? Or recording? What exactly did they say? 

It was a live call, the guy said he was from Yamaha 706 area code and that he was just saying congratulations and he just wanted to be sure that i didn't have any problems with getting reservation number and deposit to my dealer.  That was pretty much it. I asked if we would get an email about delivery date he said we should and that our dealer will also be calling us. 

• Like 1

After

two web browsers, waiting for an email, 7 phone calls to my dealer, reaching a different sales person, sending an email to the dealer, and then getting a call back...

--> "I'm all set he took care of it."

🔑

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ADVUSA said:

After

two web browsers, waiting for an email, 7 phone calls to my dealer, reaching a different sales person, sending an email to the dealer, and then getting a call back...

--> "I'm all set he took care of it."

🔑

Did you get a call from Yamaha yet?

My dealer says “it’s DONE, you should get an email soon” 

I just got a call from Yamaha Georgia! He just asked if I had already talked to my dealer about the deposit (which I put down months ago) and to say congratulations on your new bike!!! Really nice guy and said Yamaha really appreciates the business. I asked when I could expect the bike and he said he doesn't have that information and the dealer would call when it's ready, but he guessed very soon. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

I just got a call from Yamaha Georgia! He just asked if I had already talked to my dealer about the deposit (which I put down months ago) and to say congratulations on your new bike!!! Really nice guy and said Yamaha really appreciates the business. I asked when I could expect the bike and he said he doesn't have that information and the dealer would call when it's ready, but he guessed very soon. 

Yeah thats pretty much my exact experience with the call from Yamaha.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baggey22 said:

My dealer says “it’s DONE, you should get an email soon” 

I wouldn't expect a email. Looks like Yamaha is calling everyone.  So if you get a call from a 706 area code be sure to answer it. 

1 minute ago, Mr.motarded said:

I wouldn't expect a email. Looks like Yamaha is calling everyone.  So if you get a call from a 706 area code be sure to answer it. 

Hummm...Two hours later...

6 minutes ago, Mr.motarded said:

I’ll definitely answer. No call yet.