Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

Cruizin

Does anyone have a phone number at YamahaUS where we can call to see if the transaction was completed? I'm beginning to wonder...

4 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Lol, he was bit hit and miss anyhow 😂

Maybe he's heading to KTM you can buy a 790r right now today.  I almost pulled the trigger on one on Wednesday cause of this preorder Shet. That KTM is a damn nice bike looks a lot better in person and feels good but it will make the wallet light and all the problems people have been having with them really makes the Yamaha look that much better.  But damn this T7 has been a long wait and a lot of hype and a headache.  

Just now, JDCooper said:

Does anyone have a phone number at YamahaUS where we can call to see if the transaction was completed? I'm beginning to wonder...

I think if you have a claim# from your dealer that you're on the early bike. If not you have to wait till 2023. 

• Haha 1

Yeah the email was just sent, is just a notification to anyone on the Tenere emailing information list and you'll receive notifications about the Tenere since we signed up for it a while ago. They sent out emails saying the pre order started at noon EST on the 22nd, and then sent out another saying they sold out. Meaning, if you didnt get a claim number or pre-register yet, no reason to try as they're gone for now. 

My understanding is, and confirmed from my dealer is that I got registered, he got a claim number and my bike is allocated to me and will be here "soon". 

If not, 790 it is. Test riding one tomorrow and if I dont hear anything within 2 weeks about the 700, Im buying the R. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Mr.motarded said:

Maybe he's heading to KTM you can buy a 790r right now today.  I almost pulled the trigger on one on Wednesday cause of this preorder Shet. That KTM is a damn nice bike looks a lot better in person and feels good but it will make the wallet light and all the problems people have been having with them really makes the Yamaha look that much better.  But damn this T7 has been a long wait and a lot of hype and a headache.  

KTM = ATM big cash withdrawals...  All hype is good for Yam. The T7 will keep good resale values lol

• Like 1

He musta been an optimist. I'm a pessimist, so I figure 50/50 I'm in even though everything worked. If I don't get an early one, I tried. My old Tiger is still like new and the mountains are still snowed in.

Edited by BADDANDY
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Yeah the email was just sent, is just a notification to anyone on the Tenere emailing information list and you'll receive notifications about the Tenere since we signed up for it a while ago. They sent out emails saying the pre order started at noon EST on the 22nd, and then sent out another saying they sold out. Meaning, if you didnt get a claim number or pre-register yet, no reason to try as they're gone for now. 

My understanding is, and confirmed from my dealer is that I got registered, he got a claim number and my bike is allocated to me and will be here "soon". 

If not, 790 it is. Test riding one tomorrow and if I dont hear anything within 2 weeks about the 700, Im buying the R. 

Yeah, you’ll get T7 soon. Note that as you got a claim number that your deposit will not be refundable if you try to bail out as you are now entered into a buy contract. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Yeah, you’ll get T7 soon. Note that as you got a claim number that your deposit will not be refundable if you try to bail out as you are now entered into a buy contract. 

For the record, I didnt sign any contract. I filled out a online form with my name and color of bike Id like. The dealer did the rest. And said that my despot is refundable being I've never even ridden the bike for a test ride to see if I like it, if it fits me much less seen one in person, hence the "refundable deposit".. If it comes, I have no doubt I'll like it and I will buy it. 

If I ride it and say "meh", he's not concerned about being able to sell it to someone else. Yamaha sold out in hours. 

It just doesn't make sense that YAM would issue registration numbers beyond the number of bikes available. If they did...why even bother to have the online registration thing?

Crap, my dealer verified I have a claim # and I'm 1 of 1 so now I'm on the optimistic side at 60/40.  Any one that's pissed off looking for a fully farckled 2012 Tiger XC800?

Edited by BADDANDY
  • Haha 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i

2 hours ago, Mr.motarded said:

Just go an email from Yamaha.  Had reservation done completed through dealer and got a call early on still not getting bike. 

Screenshot_20200522-145312_Gmail.jpg

I didn't get this email........I did get a copy of my PDP number tho. So I think I'm good? 

2 minutes ago, JDCooper said:

It just doesn't make sense that YAM would issue registration numbers beyond the number of bikes available. If they did...why even bother to have the online registration thing?

For easy math, lets say they had 300 bikes available. They also had 300 claim numbers available. They kept the online registration  open until the dealers submitted your registration number. Meaning, there likely were more registration numbers than claims, being the dealer might have waited to send it for whatever reason. Once the claims were filled, the pre-reg was taken down. 

So my understanding is if you got a claim number, you got a bike. At this point the registration number no longer matters. 

• Like 1

My dealer stated the website crashed after he ordered mine and called corporate who said system had crashed. He went in when it came back up and repushed the order which took. Being west coast, I may be #300.

Edited by BADDANDY
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i

32 minutes ago, JDCooper said:

Screenshot_20200522-201856.png

• Like 1

I called two dealers in Georgia. Both did not know what to do. One basically refused to help. I finally was able to convince the other one using the materials at the top of this topic what was going on. Told them I'd call back at noon. No answer. They didn't call back until 2. No idea if I made it in or not. They won't respond. I hate dealers. Let me order online and eliminate this BS.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Matt Collins said:

I called two dealers in Georgia. Both did not know what to do. One basically refused to help. I finally was able to convince the other one using the materials at the top of this topic what was going on. Told them I'd call back at noon. No answer. They didn't call back until 2. No idea if I made it in or not. They won't respond. I hate dealers. Let me order online and eliminate this BS.

Sorry to hear that man. Let us know when you find out. 

17 minutes ago, Matt Collins said:

That sucks man. My understanding is if you dont have a claim number given to you by your dealer, that was given to them by your registration number, then it's a no. 

I cant beleive your dealers would do that. It's not like this is volunteer work, they're making money off of you buying a bike from them. My dealer doesnt open until 10am PST, but he came in at 730 this morning to get all dialed so when the registration opened at 9am, he was there to get me and 2 other input into Yamahas system, hence why my claim number is a low number. 

All that said, I dont have the bike. I dont know when it's coming. They dont know when it's coming. I still might be buying a KTM 790. Not impressed with Yamaha corporate on this cage match roll out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

That sucks man. My understanding is if you dont have a claim number given to you by your dealer, that was given to them by your registration number, then it's a no. 

I cant beleive your dealers would do that. It's not like this is volunteer work, they're making money off of you buying a bike from them. My dealer doesnt open until 10am PST, but he came in at 730 this morning to get all dialed so when the registration opened at 9am, he was there to get me and 2 other input into Yamahas system, hence why my claim number is a low number. 

All that said, I dont have the bike. I dont know when it's coming. They dont know when it's coming. I still might be buying a KTM 790. Not impressed with Yamaha corporate on this cage match roll out. 

I should have used your dealer in the Pacific coast. Would have flown out to ride it back. Funny thing is the two dealers I called are a couple of the closest to the Yamaha USA corporate office in Marrietta. Not that that matters. Yeah, this has been a miserable experience from Yamaha.

• Like 1

I got a claim # per my Dealer!

We'll see what that means.

Greg in Utah

• Like 2

2 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

For easy math, lets say they had 300 bikes available. They also had 300 claim numbers available. They kept the online registration  open until the dealers submitted your registration number. Meaning, there likely were more registration numbers than claims, being the dealer might have waited to send it for whatever reason. Once the claims were filled, the pre-reg was taken down. 

So my understanding is if you got a claim number, you got a bike. At this point the registration number no longer matters. 

Sounds reasonable. I know someone that got a registration number then changed their mind at the last minute and said no that weren't buying right now.

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

I'm sure almost all of you will get a bike. At the dealer here in October last year, I remember over a dozen people placed the pre-order (and that was just the first week), and today I only saw 4 T7 bikes at the dealer. He said lots of people pulled out or cancelled their pre-orders, I'm sure there are already some T7s sitting on floors now (albeit going quick) from such EDP buyers. 

Not to mention Canada's EDP $500 was non-refundable, if some of you are claiming its refundable down south, I can imagine lots just ordering and changing their minds later.  That's life, I think Yamaha suspected this, and rather than over deliver on the hype, are just playing their cards low in these times. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

For the record, I didnt sign any contract. I filled out a online form with my name and color of bike Id like. The dealer did the rest. And said that my despot is refundable being I've never even ridden the bike for a test ride to see if I like it, if it fits me much less seen one in person, hence the "refundable deposit".. If it comes, I have no doubt I'll like it and I will buy it. 

If I ride it and say "meh", he's not concerned about being able to sell it to someone else. Yamaha sold out in hours. 

Fair enough, happy days. 

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, ScorpionT16 said:

I'm sure almost all of you will get a bike....

Not to mention Canada's EDP $500 was non-refundable, if some of you are claiming its refundable down south, 

In UK.... I  am not 100% sure or not in UK/European if proper PDP deposits were non-fundable or not,  after claim number receipt. 

I bought a canceled sale PDP bike a few days after it arrived in.

The dealer still let me have it at the discounted £300 cheaper PDP price and they did not charge me for a lower seat that they brought in to try a help convince the original guy to still take the bike.

So as I got the original seat and lower seat for £0 and I still got the £300 List price (proper 18 month UK PDP schemes) early PDP discount; that is why I believe that the guy may have lost his PDP deposit; I’m not sure tho.

• My whole wait last August was just 3 days 🙊 🤠😎
  • Enjoy your bikes.

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Do you really want me to delete your account? 

12 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Too late, he's gone. He asked, I confirmed and deleted. 

gone2seed = gone, gone2cry 😉